+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NYC VAC - Passport Submission (2-way courier service)

Can22

Feb 15, 2022
Hello All,

Glad I found this group. Can someone please answer? I have stopped my application process due to the same. But in my case I was able to download the label for shipping. Do we also get the return label? or is it generated by VAC?. I have only one label that was generated for outbound which is shipping to Canada VAC.

Thank you!
Mahaveer
yes the return label would be generated by the VAC. You need to keep the payment receipt of the label generated which will have a reference id , with which they would generate return label. Also 2 copies of consent form needs to be attached in the application. Also you need attach 22.80$ Money order if the biometric not submitted at NY VAC in case you are applying from US

ankitar

Dec 28, 2019
how can I track my return package of passport afterstamping from NY VAC? how and where does the tracking details come to?

Mahaveer

May 22, 2022
yes the return label would be generated by the VAC. You need to keep the payment receipt of the label generated which will have a reference id , with which they would generate return label. Also 2 copies of consent form needs to be attached in the application. Also you need attach 22.80$ Money order if the biometric not submitted at NY VAC in case you are applying from US
Thank you! for replying. Yes, you are absolutely right. They have changed the process of label generation and they are accepting only VFS preferred shipping which is FedEx. Until last year you can generate your own labels with UPS or FedEx and send them an envelope with a return label. In my case, I made a mistake when I was inputting the shipping address. First I contacted "vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com" hoping they would regenerate the Labels with the correct return address and found out that they are of no use. It's hard to get a reply from them. So I contacted "escalations.canny@vfsglobal.com" for regeneration of Labels and they replied that they can't alter the labels. I was left with one choice, contacted Customer Care: 8882964511 and they asked to send out a money order for 33.5$ payable at "VFS Services USA Inc" and a Note explaining my situation. Hope it helps others if they are facing the same issue. The process is really cumbersome.

mohamamdnayan

May 27, 2022
Hi, can anyone please tell me how many days does IRCC take to return the passport once they received it in cas of visitor visa?

Nav9999

Aug 1, 2016
Hi @Mahaveer @yash1994 @ankitar @Can22

Were you able to generate the return label? or is it just the shipping label ?

And also did you receive confirmation letter you received for the 2 Way Courier purchase ?

If it is just shipping label, how you tracked the return mail ?

Thanks for your help !!

Last edited:

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi, did you receive your passport with visas? If so, congratulations. For how long is the validity of the TRV?

IRCC asked me to submit. I will send to NYC VFS like you did. But I cannot find the list of documents to send by mail besides passport. What documents did you submit. I saw you mentioned that two copies of Consent Forms need to be sent. Is there anything else that I should make note of? Thanks a lot.

erin88

Jul 26, 2022
I am applying for a tourist visa from USA. I received a Passport Request Letter from IRCC on Jan 27, 2022, to submit my passport to VAC to finalize the processing of my application. I would like to avail the Two-way courier service offered by VFS Shipping submit my passport to the NYC VAC and receive it back.

I am unable to create the VFS shipping label. As instructed on https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/news/reopening-notice I tried emailing at vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com but haven't received any response since last 3 days.

Can someone please help?

erin88

Jul 26, 2022
I am applying for a tourist visa from USA. I received a Passport Request Letter from IRCC on Jan 27, 2022, to submit my passport to VAC to finalize the processing of my application. I would like to avail the Two-way courier service offered by VFS Shipping submit my passport to the NYC VAC and receive it back.

I am unable to create the VFS shipping label. As instructed on https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/news/reopening-notice I tried emailing at vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com but haven't received any response since last 3 days.

Can someone please help?
I am on the same page right now. I'm unable to generate the NYC two-way courier. After registering as a new user, was told to activate my account via email sent to my email account, but there was no email address from them at all.

thementor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi, did you receive your passport with visas? If so, congratulations. For how long is the validity of the TRV?

IRCC asked me to submit. I will send to NYC VFS like you did. But I cannot find the list of documents to send by mail besides passport. What documents did you submit. I saw you mentioned that two copies of Consent Forms need to be sent. Is there anything else that I should make note of? Thanks a lot.
Updates:

I received Canada TRV (to visit a friend).

Documents submitted:
1. two copies of consent forms (available for free at VFS office)
2. original, valid passport
3. TRV approval letter (downloaded from my portal account)
4. fees in cash

And if you are applying for a third-country, a visa that shows your legal temporary status (i.e., a tourist visa) there. Goodluck everyone.

deepenkpatel3

Aug 7, 2022
I am on the same page right now. I'm unable to generate the NYC two-way courier. After registering as a new user, was told to activate my account via email sent to my email account, but there was no email address from them at all.
Hey I am facing the same problem. How did you get around it?

kpat60

Aug 8, 2022
Hey I am facing the same problem. How did you get around it?
I am in a similar situation too and have not been able to generate the courier labels on their website. Upon talking to customer service, they informed to courier the passport to NY VAC with PPR letter and money order including VAC transmission fee and return courier fee. Did you get similar information? The website isn't helpful at all and I want to confirm, as I have not received response to my email inquiries too!

If anyone has recently successfully completed this process through sending passport via courier to NY VAC, I'd greatly appreciate any feedback. thanks