+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NURSES of Ontario (Toronto)

rms75

Apr 27, 2011
CNO accepts Acad and Gen IELTS right? Will they accept my Gen IELTS eventhough I have taken it last August 2010?

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
It does not have to be hospital based, it can be any field in nursing, including community health nursing.

Regarding your later question about english, I do not know the answer. However, you can post it in the RN discussion thread under the skilled worker category and I am sure others in the process of registration will be able to help you.

niwrrehs

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Doc's Request.
January 2010
File Transfer...
January 2010
Med's Request
June 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Passport Req..
September 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 2010
LANDED..........
March 24 2011
RN said:
Hello,
It does not have to be hospital based, it can be any field in nursing, including community health nursing.

Regarding your later question about english, I do not know the answer. However, you can post it in the RN discussion thread under the skilled worker category and I am sure others in the process of registration will be able to help you.
yeah plus 1 rn

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
is there any required band score for IELTS to be eligible in CNO?

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
faithyou said:
is there any required band score for IELTS to be eligible in CNO?
Check out this post:-

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ielts-score-requirement-for-cno-registration-crne-t60315.0.html

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
martha marita said:
Check out this post:-

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ielts-score-requirement-for-cno-registration-crne-t60315.0.html
i found it... ;D ;D ;D thanks a lot...

david26

Star Member
May 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already here
RN said:
Hello,

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no clue. I think you should contact CNO. Hope you get an answer.

Thank you,
hey hi RN, i have read a couple of replies of yours and i figured it out that they are very helpful.So let me tell you about my situation and hopefully you will be able to provide me some good answers. I am a german nurse and i have 2 year of experience working in Emergency room and ICU Unit.I just wanted to apply to college of nurses but since i have read that its easier to get done with RPN processing time and its reqirements so i am thinking of applying as a RPN although I am not happy with it.I have had enough theory and practical hours in my college similar to cno requirements and i have a very strong and positive reference letter from my Hospital in Germany.oh In Germany,once we are done with the college so we get certificates so i dont know if its similar to a degree or ....?Do you think that i should apply as a RN or RPN? thanks in advance.

rivka

May 24, 2010
apply as an rn. if you have the requirements, then you should apply in your classification. emergency and critical care nurses are always in demand, esp. emergency rns.

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a bacalaureate degree in Nursing, then you should apply as a RN. There is no reason for you to apply as a RPN if you have the qualification for RN.

Hope this helps.

ANCHE

Mar 23, 2011
niwrrehs said:
bebe05

yeap... Master of arts in Nursing and BS in Biology also, prayin that she will be quAlified to take the exam without having the bridging program/short course i think, a
another is you have to pay the courier (if you are still in the philippines like we've done) 1K plus for your application, another 1k plus for the school credentials in nursing, another 1kplus for the Masteral credentials, and your IELTS is 1k plus also.. You cannot send it as one because the school must do the sending... and you pay for the costs...

SNIWRREHS

hi! i believe ur frm d phils! :) ur alrdy in toronto ryt? did d CNO alrdy replied to ur assessment application? I am also an RN from d phils. Me and my husband just arrived few days ago in toronto.

Rekha Arun

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV.09
Doc's Request.
FEB. 10
IELTS Request
APR'10
File Transfer...
APR'10
Med's Request
OCT'10
Med's Done....
NOV'10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
NOV'10
VISA ISSUED...
FEB14'11
LANDED..........
BY JULY 11
Hi guys there,
As this forum discuss lots about applying RN or RPN in ontario
I am here to share some of my experience with you guys would help you alot.

When i went to ontario to write my RPN exam last month, i met some of the RN who passed CPRNE exam and didnot find the job, so they came to write RPN exam.
The RN from other countries even with BSN face problems with transcripts while applying in CNO be'se of mismatching the class hours as per CNO requirement, and end up by getting the reply letter saying you to apply for RPN after the first 3months of application form sent for eligibility to CNO from your end.
One thing be clear, tht without registration you cannot work as RPN or RN whatever itis...so, even if u pass either exams, you still wait for the job, ofcourse, if your lucky to pull out some employer who bear you until things settle down...

and otherwise, there are many other job options available here as a survival job if at all you end up not landing in to ur correct position.
so, no worries,... be positive.
Regards,
Rekha

pratirajya

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Dear All
Can some one explain the procedure to get the Letter of Direction from CNO? Is it the same as "application for certification as general class " or a different process? How do we get the letter of direction? Thank you all.

prias

Sep 26, 2011
Hi, everyone! This is going to be my very first post! ;D

RN, your posts have been very informative, along with all the others'. Thanks a bunch. ;)

Anyway, I have a question, can an IEN (like me) apply for an Ontario registration even if I don't have any proof of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, etc? Can I sit for the CRNE using a tourist visa? Please enlighten me.

Hope somebody answers my queries. Thanks in advance! :)

yop

Nov 23, 2011
I was reading your post,

PLEASE HELP

I'm a registered nurse from philippines and I'm struggling on how to apply for CRNE even if I'm staying here in phil. I don't know where to start, what to do and all the requirements needed. I'm planning to take the june 2012 examination. PLEASE can someone tell me their personal experience on how they applied for this or anyone who really knows or know someone that processed this as well. THANKYOU. I'm looking forward for replies, really need this. THANKYOU!

I'm also confused on CNO and CRNE? and if i have to take them both or what.. replies are much appreciated :)

Oct 24, 2010
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
HI all forum members.I am a male nurse :-X from India.Been Here in Canada for last 4 months.I am in process of RN and RPN assessment from CNO.i got response from CNO they asked me submit additional information about previous employment and Registration verification.I have active RN license in VERMONT BOARD U.S.A. As usual i tried find some unregulated job like nurse aid or PSW for IEN.But could not anything than started working in warehouse :eek:.Are there any one who can guide me to find job or any suggestion for me.