App. Filed.......
Dec. 17,2010
AOR Received.
PER- Mar.9,2011
LANDED..........
Aug. 27, 2011 !!!!
niwrrehs said:
bebe05

yeap... Master of arts in Nursing and BS in Biology also, prayin that she will be quAlified to take the exam without having the bridging program/short course i think, a
another is you have to pay the courier (if you are still in the philippines like we've done) 1K plus for your application, another 1k plus for the school credentials in nursing, another 1kplus for the Masteral credentials, and your IELTS is 1k plus also.. You cannot send it as one because the school must do the sending... and you pay for the costs...

SNIWRREHS
I'm also planning to take up masteral studies, maybe this summer. thanks for the info. Goodluck

bebe05

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
Caloocan City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 17,2010
AOR Received.
PER- Mar.9,2011
LANDED..........
Aug. 27, 2011 !!!!
martha marita said:
No you wont have to pay for again, it will automaticlly go on RPN.
Oh that's good!!!thanks...@ least no need to spend some more CAD. :D

tridmax

Sep 30, 2009
Hi RN,
One of my friend is coming to Toronto along with his family (PR status) end of this month. My friend's wife, she used to work in Dubai and India as a nurse (she has 3 years diploma in nursing) and about more than 12 years experience in hospitals. My question is....after she get there, she needs to take any training or she would get a nurse job with her experience? Or she has to write and pass any exams? Would you please give me a feedback? Because I am not in nursing field, thats why I don't know anything (I am in IT). Kindly give me a reply with all details, as much as you can. Your guidance is important for my friend as a senior.

Thanks in Advance!!
GMG

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

When she gets here, she will need to submit her documents to the College of Nurses of Ontario or the nursing regulatory body in her province, to become a registered nurse in Canada. The regulatory body of nursing in the province she is in, will determine if she is qualified to become a nurse. With a 3 year diploma in nursing, she will probably not be qualified to be a registered nurse. Unless she can speak french and goes to the province of Quebec (I think but not sure). Almost all province in Canada requires a bachelors degree to get registered to become a registered nurse. She will most likely be able to get a license as a practical nurse. Search my postings on information on practical nurse.

To become a nurse she will have to write the national registered nursing or registered practical nursing exam.

She should also note that it may take some time to become a nurse. She should budget 6 months to 1.5 years, from the time the document gets to the nursing registration body to the time she actually qualifies for full license as a registered nurse or registered practical nurse. Of course, this time will depend on her unique conditions including the time it takes to verify her credentials, contact her references and also if she needs to attend bridging programs. For example, if she is planning to become a registered nurse (and not a practical nurse) in Ontario, it will take at least 2.5 years from the time of submitting her documents to get an unrestricted license to practice.

Yes, she may need to attend bridging programs, even to qualify as a practical nurse. However, this is not certain and cannot be determined unless she submit her document to the regulatory body.

I strongly suggest you tell her to submit her document to the regulatory body in the province that she will be staying. Search my past posting as there is a link to all the regulatory bodies in one of them.

Bebe05, I suggest you contact the college of nurses for your question to get the most current answer. Things change soo frequently over there.

For those considering masters studies, good thing to consider. Especially after you have settled as a registered nurse in canada. Many hospitals will offer some support for tuition reimbursement if you are employed full time with them. Also, there is a registered nurses association of ontario bursary, maximum 1,500 for nurses (both RN and RPN) to go to school yearly. Note that it is only available to you after you have become a registred nurse or registered practical nurse and it is a reimbursement that is not absolutlely guranteed, although most people who apply do get it. Also, for nurses in Ontario, if you teach at a RN or RPN school (as a course instructor or clinical instructor) you can get your tuition paid for by the Ministry of Education. Another source of funding, although Im not sure how long it will be in place for.

Something you can think about and have plans for the future. But for now, try to achieve the first goal, which is to become registered to practice. Extremely important

Good luck to all as you achieve your goals in Canada and congratulations to those who have recieved their visa.

lyn2011

Apr 13, 2011
Hi everyone!! I'm a newbie seeking for help. I recently relocated from US to Ontario last week, due to my family. I have associate degree in nursing in the states with 4 years med-surg. experience as RN and 2 1/2years experience as LPN. I had completed my assessment with the College of Nurses of Ontario last year with option to withdraw or provide more educational equivalence to Baccalaureate Degree. I requested to re-evaluated for RPN which assessment is currently in process. I'm also seeking admission at York University for Post RN-BSCN Internationally Educated Nurses Program. My questions are:
1. Will I be qualified to take RPN exam and practice as RPN while pursuing my BSCN degree?
2. Anyone in same boat or had been through this before?
3. Anyone been through York University Post RN-BSCN IEN program or currently attending now?
I really appreciate your kind input or advice for me. God bless!

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
If the college allows you to take the program at york, you are likely to qualify to take the RPN exam, if you pass the exam

I havent been through the york university program but a close friend teaches in the program and I have friends that have completed it. If you have questions, you can compile them and I can ask them on your behalf.

Thank you

peanuts

Sep 11, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
november 2009 to NS, may 2010 to VO
Doc's Request.
february 2010
AOR Received.
february 16, 2010; may 26, 2010
IELTS Request
copy submitted to CIO with initial app
File Transfer...
february 2010
Med's Request
august 2010
Med's Done....
august 18-19, 2010- med done: august 23- sent
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 22-received; october 1-sent; october 27- DM
VISA ISSUED...
visa received nov 11, 2010
LANDED..........
June 02, 2011 thank you God...
a valuable thread for IENs bound for Ontario...

lyn2011

Apr 13, 2011
I received a job offer from Port Huron hospital in Michigan, USA to work as RN, which is what I've been working as before I relocated to Ontario last month with PR. Now, if I move to Sarnia, Ontario, the Hosipital will be only 10miles drive. I don't know if canada will allow me to work in USA while I'm still a permanent resident and USA citizen. If I cross the border twice per week to work in USA, will Canada count that against me when I apply for canadian citizenship in next 3years?. Since College of Ontario didn't accept my ADN RN degree with my ample years of experience plus Bachelor degree in Psychology from USA to practice here as RN, and still assessing my eligibility as RPN, I would rather work from the border while attending York University for BSCN. Instead of me sitting here waiting for CNO to arrive with their decision whether to qualify me to take RPN exam and practice :-\.
Please, fellow nurses, what's ur advice for me?
Tnx!!

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I used to live in Windsor and most nurses in Windsor work in detroit. I dont think it will be looked at badly by the Canadian government since you are still permanent resident in Ontario (you sleep and wake up in Ontario). I think what you are doing is a good idea (you should wait for others response to confirm if it will work but I think it will). But I dont know or think it will work for you to be going to school at York University and working in detroit. The distance is too far. Have you considered completing your degree at Wayne State University. From what I know 6 years ago, if you go to school at Wayne state and you are ontario resident, you dont pay international fees, you pay like a domestic student.

Hence, you live in Windsor and its only like 10 minutes drive from downtown windsor.

Good luck on your choices.

Thank you,

niwrrehs

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Doc's Request.
January 2010
File Transfer...
January 2010
Med's Request
June 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Passport Req..
September 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 2010
LANDED..........
March 24 2011
Hi to all... FYI if you applied for RN assessment at CNO and they requested you to submit your transcript TOR, try to submit also your diploma. for sure they will request it again as like what happens to us. Avoid from delays and cost lots of money in sending thru courrier. This may help guys

Apr 23, 2011
Hello,
I am 23 years old, I am a recent graduate in "BSc nursing" from Rajindra collage of nursing, Patiala, Punjab, India. I have a good knowledge of English, i have scored 7 bands in IELTS. I have also passed CRNE exam of canada. I have a one year and nine months experiance in staff nursing. i can use the computer and have some experience in laboratory at hospital.

I hope to find a job soon in Canada to get a work permin my field
I have a great will to learn, to progress in my professional field.

I hope somebody can help me

Thanks!!

niwrrehs

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Doc's Request.
January 2010
File Transfer...
January 2010
Med's Request
June 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Passport Req..
September 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 2010
LANDED..........
March 24 2011
jaspreet kaur bharot said:
Hello,
I am 23 years old, I am a recent graduate in "BSc nursing" from Rajindra collage of nursing, Patiala, Punjab, India. I have a good knowledge of English, i have scored 7 bands in IELTS. I have also passed CRNE exam of canada. I have a one year and nine months experiance in staff nursing. i can use the computer and have some experience in laboratory at hospital.

I hope to find a job soon in Canada to get a work permin my field
I have a great will to learn, to progress in my professional field.

I hope somebody can help me

Thanks!!
hi.. your in canadaryt now? you have a great chance if you already pass the CRNE.

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I agree with Niwrrehs,

If you are already in Canada, you have a good chance of getting a job (assuming you have passed the CRNE).

If you are not in Canada, wait until July and August (when a new list for occupations in demand is released) and apply to migrate as a skilled worker (RN).

rms75

Apr 27, 2011
Hi RN,
I'm from the philippines a graduate of BS nursing and holder of a Master's degree (MAN). I'm a associate professor (Lecturer and Clinical Instructor) for the past 6 years prior to being a professor I was a staff nurse for almost 2 years. I am in the process of applying under CNO. CNO requires IEN to present an evidence of safe nursing practice for the last five years. Will my experience be enough because it was not clearly stated that the evidence they need be either hospital base practice or any field in nursing? Your inputs will be highly appreciated.
Thank you very much in advance.