NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Oct 19,2023
AOR Received.
November 17,2023
I got ADR on May 8. My AOR is Nov 17.
They want proof of funds. For family of 5. Back in November I sent my job letter with the amount I'm expecting to earn in a year. And my job details and salary. Now they requesting more proof of funds. I am already here in canada working so why are they requesting proof of funds ?

thirdfromright

Star Member
May 14, 2023
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10-01-2024
AOR Received.
18-01-2024
Passport Req..
13-05-2024
I got ADR on May 8. My AOR is Nov 17.
They want proof of funds. For family of 5. Back in November I sent my job letter with the amount I'm expecting to earn in a year. And my job details and salary. Now they requesting more proof of funds. I am already here in canada working so why are they requesting proof of funds ?
For proof of funds you need to show that you already have the requisite amount of funds in your account. Expected earnings are not considered as proof of funds. That is the reason you have received an ADR.

Reactions: Trayceee

Arcu

Star Member
Aug 7, 2023
I still have 'Final Decision - March 13, 2024: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.' on GCKey, but I haven't received the letter. I've called them several times, and they told me that I had to wait. What do you recommend I do? I am getting frustrated, this process is taking forever...

Never mind I've just got the letter!

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I still have 'Final Decision - March 13, 2024: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.' on GCKey, but I haven't received the letter. I've called them several times, and they told me that I had to wait. What do you recommend I do? I am getting frustrated, this process is taking forever...

Love the last line. Congrats!

Usama96

Star Member
Nov 23, 2023

Congrats!

Reactions: Trayceee and Arcu

humah81

Jan 30, 2024
Hi all.
One question..
Do we need to carry specific amount with us to Canada as we are landing there for the first time on Immigrant Visa?
Please answer with your personal experience.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi all.
One question..
Do we need to carry specific amount with us to Canada as we are landing there for the first time on Immigrant Visa?
I landed with zero cash. But I had my updated PoF with me to show to the border agent in case they asked. Just make sure that you got your PoF covered so that you won't be refused your PR upon failing to meet the conditions of PR and you should be good.

Generally speaking, do carry some cash with you to cover cost of living expenses till you sort out Canadian banking.

Nuida

Dec 6, 2023
Hi all.
One question..
Hi I just landed in Canada 10 days ago, You definitely need cash the first few days by the time you sort out your canadian banking and the time your home country bank needs to transfer the money to your new account.
In my case I needed to show money in the bank in Canadian dollars to be accepted for a lease.

• Love
Reactions: sabensaid92

Newbie2710

Feb 1, 2024
Hi, I called them last week they said to just wait! My security hasn’t started yet and criminality is in progress, AOR Nov 14th :( under healthcare category, anyone else is the same? Why does it take so long when on website it says 5 months

Reactions: Trayceee

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi, I called them last week they said to just wait! My security hasn’t started yet and criminality is in progress, AOR Nov 14th :( under healthcare category, anyone else is the same? Why does it take so long when on website it says 5 months
The 5 month timeline is not a rigid one. The SLA is rather 6 months, but for processing 80% of applications - you can be a part of the remaining 20% applicants. With the political light immigration is in right now, won't be too hard to see a future in which these timelines are way longer for future AOR cohorts.

NimmaDreamland

Star Member
Jan 15, 2024
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
RROC
AOR Received.
28th Nov 2023
Hello, I wanted to ask does the dependent's eligibility in the tracker ever show in progress or completed? to this date it says "not started" in my tracker whereas now everything else show completed.