SA: FEB 8
Med req: Feb 23
Bio: Not yet

TRV application : FEB 24
TRV AOR: FEB 25
TRV BIO req: FEB 25

cygnusx1

Mar 13, 2020
Oh great. We applied from Nigeria and was initially treated in Sydney but later moved to Accra.
What’s the need to apply for TRV if I may ask?
We don’t plan on applying for a visitor visa. We tried it prior to being married and it was rejected for the usual reasons (they didn’t think she’d go back)

So just waiting for approval now

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
We don’t plan on applying for a visitor visa. We tried it prior to being married and it was rejected for the usual reasons (they didn’t think she’d go back)

I think we are both in same shoes. We also did similar thing before we got married early last year but it was also refused and we put in immediately another TRV application. Up till now we haven’t heard from them so we decided to apply for a spouse visa late last year.

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019

Just asking- how confident are you that the TRV is going to get approved?
I heard people do this a lot

cygnusx1

Mar 13, 2020
Just asking- how confident are you that the TRV is going to get approved?
I heard people do this a lot
For us, we weren't confident at all that it would get approved, which is why we didn't do it. The reasons they stated for denying it (didn't think she would return to her country) are arguably even stronger now that we are married. Why would anyone believe that she would return back home at the end of her temporary stay? So we'll just wait for the PR approval.