Online Outland
Application Received: 29 Nov.
F12 documentApproved true: 09 Feb.
AOR. (implied by BIO request?)
BIO: 10 Feb.
GCKey Linked 10 Feb.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
What does the F12 document approved mean?
This is a way for people with patience issues, such as myself:D, to know few days in advance that their application has been reviewed and it usually followed by AOR (or no AOR, I guess). It has absolutely no other purpose or benefit.

It involves using developer extensions of a browser to get available but not displayed data about your application. You can search forum for detailed description but in short: you press F12 while on the first page after login, go to network tab and refresh. Look for ``case` (you can filter by Fetch/XHR button). Expand the response/preview data and you'll see some info about you application in JSON format. But since you are way past the AOR it has no use for you.`

Last edited:
Reactions: lenuxii

lenuxii

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
This is way for people with patience issues, such as myself:D, to know few days in advance that their application has been reviewed and it usually precludes AOR (or no AOR, I guess). It has absolutely no other purpose or benefit.

It involves using developer extensions of a browser to get available but not displayed data about your application. You can search forum for detailed description but in short: you press F12 while on the first page after login, go to network tab and refresh. Look for ``case` (you can filter by Fetch/XHR button). Expand the replies and you'll see some info about you application in JSON format. But since you are way past the AOR it has no use for you.`
Ohhh I see thank you that makes sense haha I didn't know this was possible

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Online Outland
AOR. 10 Feb.
GCKey Linked 10 Feb.
SA: 13 Feb

tizzyboi

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Online Outland
AOR. 10 Feb.
GCKey Linked 10 Feb.
SA: 13 Feb
the AOR you're referring to was a mail from ircc like this?:

"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2022/11/05 on behalf of the following member(s):"

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
the AOR you're referring to was a mail from ircc like this?:

"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2022/11/05 on behalf of the following member(s):"
Yes, In certain circumstances it may be implied by BIO request, SA or any other letter having Application number and UCI of the addressee. There were reports of people never getting explicit AOR letters.

You had your SA - this for sure had Application number and your UCI. Register in the PR tracker and see what it has in the status history. I doubt that they can issue SA prior of validating your complete application.

Last edited:
Reactions: tizzyboi

Cocomaysee

Feb 7, 2023
Hey did anybody get a temporary number before receiving the AOR, if yes how many days after you got a temporary number did you receive the AOR?

Cocomaysee

Feb 7, 2023
Can you explain what is temporary number?
Normally when you get a file number it has one letter in front of it for family class the letter is F , when you get a temporary file number in family sponsorship it has the letter X F and than your file number follows. According to what I have been reading people say "This temporary number only means that your file was received and picked up by the IRCC to evaluate if it error free or not. First acknowledgment (AOR1) or removal of 'X' as initial from the file number would mean that your file is accepted by IRCC because it was error free."

tizzyboi

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Yes, In certain circumstances it may be implied by BIO request, SA or any other letter having Application number and UCI of the addressee. There were reports of people never getting explicit AOR letters.

You had your SA - this for sure had Application number and your UCI. Register in the PR tracker and see what it has in the status history. I doubt that they can issue SA prior of validating your complete application.
i never got an explicit AOR but got SA and biometric req.. PR tracker with PA's UCI shows documents received.. biometric received.. but eligibility/medical/background not started.. what does yours say?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Normally when you get a file number it has one letter in front of it for family class the letter is F , when you get a temporary file number in family sponsorship it has the letter X F and than your file number follows. According to what I have been reading people say "This temporary number only means that your file was received and picked up by the IRCC to evaluate if it error free or not. First acknowledgment (AOR1) or removal of 'X' as initial from the file number would mean that your file is accepted by IRCC because it was error free."
Didn’t know that. Thanks for explaining. Sorry, can’t advise you on that. Have you tried to register on pr tracker using sponsors or pa uci?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
i never got an explicit AOR but got SA and biometric req.. PR tracker with PA's UCI shows documents received.. biometric received.. but eligibility/medical/background not started.. what does yours say?
We are unable to register in the pr tracker with PA uci. But in my sponsor account it’s written “
Acknowledgement of receipt
We sent you a message telling you we received your application. We have now officially started processing your application.”

see if you can register with sponsor uci

Cocomaysee

Feb 7, 2023
Didn’t know that. Thanks for explaining. Sorry, can’t advise you on that. Have you tried to register on pr tracker using sponsors or pa uci?
No problem thank you for at least answering my message. Yes I have tried register on pr tracker and no luck. All i can do is con't to wait :(

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
No problem thank you for at least answering my message. Yes I have tried register on pr tracker and no luck. All i can do is con't to wait :(
You tried using both sponsor`s data and pa`s and neither works? What about GCKEY - have you tried linking it? Not that it will help you much, it may provide some additional insight into the status but not much.
Anyway, at least you got something from them, meaning it's not lost. Maybe there is some particularities with your application that required more verification or validation.