+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 Inland Spouse Sponsorship

Vasun

Dec 11, 2022
Update!
December 7th 2022 : Pre arrival letter (email)
Hi… what does the AOR look like? Was it an email?

We applied similarly to you, Oct 25 via online portal. Docs, biometrics and medical all compeleted and just received prearrival letter. But we did not receive an AOR and as a result cannot apply for an open work permit.

bbayaka

Oct 18, 2022
Did you check the sponsor's email? Medical request, biometric request will be sent to the PA, however sponsor receives the AOR by email.

Vasun

Dec 11, 2022
Did you check the sponsor's email? Medical request, biometric request will be sent to the PA, however sponsor receives the AOR by email.
Thank you for the insight. I was not aware of the AOR going to sponsor. I do see an email now- while it does not have the actual words of AOR, the essence of the email confirms receipt and jives with the date in statustracker.
Oct 25 - in-land spouse and 2 children app submitted
Oct 29 - “AOR” received by sponsor
Oct 31 - medical request email
Nov 14 - biometrics
Dec 8 - pre-arrival email

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Vasun

Dec 11, 2022
Does anyone know what would be the next step?
From scouring the threads, it seems IRCC starts a background check process, which will vary significantly based on the number of people being sponsored and their unique circumstances such as countries where they have lived. This might be why there is a wide disparity of time between next steps. And unfortunately, those you get to the next step stop coming here to update the threads. :) I am only speculating (sadly)…

Chers

Dec 9, 2022
Is anyone who applied inland still waiting on the AOR for applications submitted in December 2022

tiara1998

Dec 5, 2018
Indonesia
From scouring the threads, it seems IRCC starts a background check process, which will vary significantly based on the number of people being sponsored and their unique circumstances such as countries where they have lived. This might be why there is a wide disparity of time between next steps. And unfortunately, those you get to the next step stop coming here to update the threads. :) I am only speculating (sadly)…
True lol

Leeds_92

Dec 12, 2022
November 28th: Inland Spousal Application Submitted
December 2nd: Temporary file number issued

Can anyone explain what the deal with the Temporary file number is? Im not seeing anyone else getting this.
Ive recieved nothing since the 2nd but im seeing people on here recieving AOR, Medical and Biometrics within a week or two of submitting.
I find it a little concerning as I've had various applications for things over the years but this is the first time ive recieved a Temporary file number.

Raghu_n

Nov 17, 2020
December 2nd: Temporary file number issued

Can anyone explain what the deal with the Temporary file number is? Im not seeing anyone else getting this.
Ive recieved nothing since the 2nd but im seeing people on here recieving AOR, Medical and Biometrics within a week or two of submitting.
I find it a little concerning as I've had various applications for things over the years but this is the first time ive recieved a Temporary file number.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/temporary-file-number.709278/post-8975438

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Apologies for off topic post but I think you guys will be right ones to give best possible advise.

I will get married next year in June 2023. Myself and my partner are thinking of moving in together this month as live-in.

I am permanent resident and my partner is on work permit. I will apply for her inland spousal sponsorship later next year after June 2023. Will it create any issues in her inland spousal sponsorship application if she goes ahead and changes her current address to my address?

I can ask her to keep her old address and not update it to my address till we get marry as per Canadian law. Will it make any difference? Looking for experts advise here.

bbayaka

Oct 18, 2022
Hey everyone,
I just received an email that saying my application was approved and asks me to reply with my information. Is it the pr portal invitation?

Reactions: tiara1998

Leeds_92

Dec 12, 2022
December 2nd: Temporary file number issued.
December 15th: Permanent file number and UCI received.

Reactions: tiara1998