+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 Inland Spouse Sponsorship

Raghu_n

Nov 17, 2020
Hey everyone,
I just received an email that saying my application was approved and asks me to reply with my information. Is it the pr portal invitation?
I guess we need some experts in this thread to answer that. I remember receiving a mail like that when I applied for my PR to confirm that I am in the country and answer a few questions, that was somehting like flagpoling.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
I guess we need some experts in this thread to answer that. I remember receiving a mail like that when I applied for my PR to confirm that I am in the country and answer a few questions, that was somehting like flagpoling.
That is the step just before you get the inland portal invitation. That email asks to confirm the UCI and name of all accompanying dependents and the email address that should be used for the portal. Once you reply to the email, you will receive an email inviting you to upload a photo and confirm that you are in Canada along with the address to mail the PR Card.

It takes around a week to get the portal login after you reply, then once you submit the photo and address it can take up to a few months to get the eCOPR and PR Cards in the mail.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Dec 9- Pre arrival letter
Dec 14- Application approved email
Dec 21- Portal access. Uploaded photo and address.
That’s so quick! Do you mind if I ask if it was just for spouse or did you have any children involved as well? We submitted Dec 7 and currently doing medicals but overseas with Christmas and new years the children can’t get medicals until Jan.

Leeds_92

Dec 12, 2022
November 28th: Inland Spousal Application Submitted
December 2nd: Temporary file number issued.
December 15th: Permanent file number and UCI received.
December 22nd: Update saying ive passed the medical exam.......i haven't even done a medical exam. Logged in to check my status online and it also says I've passed the medical exam.

Leeds_92

Dec 12, 2022
Also for biometrics, do you receive a specific email requesting you go for biometrics? I recieved a email about biometrics fees but to discard it if i submitted the fees with my application

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
November 28th: Inland Spousal Application Submitted
December 2nd: Temporary file number issued.
December 15th: Permanent file number and UCI received.
December 22nd: Update saying ive passed the medical exam.......i haven't even done a medical exam. Logged in to check my status online and it also says I've passed the medical exam.
How long did it take for you to access the online tracker? I applied Dec 7 and medicals are in process now but I can’t seem to register for the online status checker. Says my info doesn’t match or my application is not in the system.

Leeds_92

Dec 12, 2022
Like a few days after my AOR, ive had a frw work permits in canada so i was already set up but what a lot of people make the mistake of is the question where it says number of people in the application. I kept putting 1 for the longest time as im the only applicant but you have to include the sponsor so once i put 2 in it worked

Reactions: fever_08

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Like a few days after my AOR, ive had a frw work permits in canada so i was already set up but what a lot of people make the mistake of is the question where it says number of people in the application. I kept putting 1 for the longest time as im the only applicant but you have to include the sponsor so once i put 2 in it worked
I don’t even have the question “how many people in the application”. It just asks for UCI, first and last name, date of birth and place of birth and birth country. I can’t get registered with my UCI or my spouses whom has been in Canada for 8 years with multiple work permit renewals. So I’m not sure, we applied online so you think it would be in the system. I also am unable to link to his Gc key account.

fever_08

Feb 13, 2010
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
06-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
Med's Request
15-12-2022
Med's Done....
29-12-2022
Also for biometrics, do you receive a specific email requesting you go for biometrics? I recieved a email about biometrics fees but to discard it if i submitted the fees with my application
Yes, you get the Biometric Instruction Letter separate from the fee reminder. My husband's instruction letter came 2 days after he received the fee reminder