+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

kexx999

Star Member
Oct 31, 2022
Hi,

I sent an email to the Ceremony office of Scarbrough asking for the date of my ceremony and I have been scheduled for 18th July. The email will be sent 1 week prior to the ceremony.
Can we do like that. I got my lpp done on 28th June. Should I wait till the status of changes to in progress from not started. Or just sent an email to them like u did before the status changes ?

eduardo_brazil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2020
Toronto. Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
Hi,
Do you mean the citizenship test? I'm not sure if you can request it in person. best to call them.
no. I wanted to confirm if they are done remotely. In the past, you had to go in person to do the test. So I’m guessing now it’s 100% remote?! There is a chance I’m not in Canadá by the time.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
no. I wanted to confirm if they are done remotely. In the past, you had to go in person to do the test. So I’m guessing now it’s 100% remote?! There is a chance I’m not in Canadá by the time.
You'll need to follow instructions in the Test letter to ask permission to take the test from outside of Canada. If they grant you permission, you may sit the test outside Canada.

However, people who sit the test outside of Canada are more likely to receive other document requests (such as passport scans, boarding documents upon return to Canada, etc.) or an interview at a later date which may extend your processing time... just FYI

zohreh89

Aug 17, 2018
Can we do like that. I got my lpp done on 28th June. Should I wait till the status of changes to in progress from not started. Or just sent an email to them like u did before the status changes ?
yes, you can ask them, it seems when LPP is completed, the oath also is scheduled. if you'd like to know sooner, send them an email

BB123

Jul 4, 2023
Hello everyone,

Has anyone got Ghost update after LPP completed and before Oath in process.?

I received GU after the LPP completed.

thanks

AlexP1

Dec 14, 2022
For those waiting.. i'm in the same boat.
Test completed on March 20th, but still no update on LLP.
Applied online (single) from Mississauga ON, but case processing center is SRC.
AOR was Dec 15, 2022.
So waiting and hoping.
LLP completed: July 1st (reflected on tracker July 4th)!
waiting on ceremony invitation.

steffyc

Apr 23, 2017
**update**

Citizenship ceremony: in progress : June 30 (updated on July 4)
Schedule for oath July 26

Citizenship timeline
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1,535
Application: Family of three (2 adults + 1 minor)
Application sent: November 23rd
Delivered: November 28th
AOR: January 26th
IP: January 28th
GU: March 2nd
BG complete: March 17th
Test invite: March 23rd (test window - March 27th to April 16th)
Test done: March 28th/April 1st (spouse) Test mark complete : April 26/April 22 (spouse)
LPP complete : June 21 (updated June 23)

Reactions: forw.jane