+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Thank you. One last thing ,on 27-06-2023,I had citizenship interview to verify docs.It was for just 2 minutes. I was asked to show PR card n passport than she asked me what's my Job. I am a trucker. Than she asked for travel history and gave me her email address. She said once I email her that she will forward my file for oath ceremony.
I have already emailed. There were dozens of trips.
Do they go through each trip or how that works ? Any idea!I appreciate you taking ur time n responding . Thanks

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Me as well!! Kitchener VO and still waiting for LPP to be completed.
You and I have very similar timelines. Same story here. Hamilton office. Test completed March 10. Radio Silence for nearly 4 months now. LPP is still in progress. I don't even check status anymore. Just living my life hoping one day it will all be done!

Reactions: Dr. Walden

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
No updates on my application for 4 and half months. Test completed on 13th Feb 2023.
My timeline is
Type: Online application
Application: Single
Application Sent: Nov 22/23, 2022
AOR: Dec 08, 2022
Background Complete: February 2/3, 2023
Test Invite: Feb 2nd 2023
Test taken: Feb 10th 2023
Test completed: Feb 13th 2023
Language Skills: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress
Physical Presence: In progress
GU1: March 2, 2023

LPP: Waiting
Oath: waiting

It has been 4 month 13 days post test completion. LOL

I have contacted IRCC numerous times (by email and phone calls). I Called them so many times that 1888-xxx-2100 guys know me LOL. Also contacted local MPs office (No help)
There are applications from March 2023 that are invited for oath. Mine is stuck :eek::rolleyes: and probably other 2021/2022 applications as well.
I just told myself that this is may be the last test for my patience. May be 2 years down the line I/we dont even have to think about this process.
Hamilton Niagara IRCC office here too. No movement for nearly 4 months after test. Test complete March 10. LPP is in progress. Maybe its only for us Hamilton/Niagara folks.

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
I was on a facebook citizenship site and someone asked what to put in the subject line of the Oath paper when they email it back.
Some people put screen shots of what was in their Oath invite email and interestingly they were different.
Mine says "In the subject line of your email, include: “Oath form for [your file number], [your family name]
someone else's said "In the subject line of your email, include: “Oath form for [Date and Time of ceremony], [application Number]
and yet another one said "In the subject line of your email, include: “Oath form for [Date and Time of ceremony], [clerks initials]

Why would they be different?
Could you please link this Facebook group?

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
*Update* someone please update the spreadsheet as well.

Aug 3, 2023
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on August 3, 2023.

Jun 28, 2023 (Updated today)
Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.

Best of luck to everyone whose application is still in progress! :)
When did you do your test?

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
You and I have very similar timelines. Same story here. Hamilton office. Test completed March 10. Radio Silence for nearly 4 months now. LPP is still in progress. I don't even check status anymore. Just living my life hoping one day it will all be done!
That's depressing! Did you do your test from abroad?

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
This is the best approach you could possibly have. This is out of our control so let it be and sort itself out. Not making this application control your life is the healthiest thing you can do for your mental health!

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
This is the best approach you could possibly have. This is out of our control so let it be and sort itself out. Not making this application control your life is the healthiest thing you can do for your mental health!
Exactly. No point stressing about it. It will happen when it has to happen. Every application is treated differently. it is NOT a first come first served process. Calling them wont help since they have a 19 month SLA and they wont do anything till 19 months has passed. Till March, everything was going quite smooth and fast for me. To save time, I did my test on the first day of my test window. There is NOTHING I can do and it is beyond anyones control. So I check my status every 2-3 weeks or so and I come here and then forget about it for the next few weeks.

Reactions: oduvan4ik

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Exactly. No point stressing about it. It will happen when it has to happen. Every application is treated differently. it is NOT a first come first served process. Calling them wont help since they have a 19 month SLA and they wont do anything till 19 months has passed. Till March, everything was going quite smooth and fast for me. To save time, I did my test on the first day of my test window. There is NOTHING I can do and it is beyond anyones control. So I check my status every 2-3 weeks or so and I come here and then forget about it for the next few weeks.
I predict that you will see movement by July 23.

Reactions: johnsyk

SalCanada

Jul 22, 2017
Mine was also going superfast until March 2nd. I took the test on the first day of test window (Feb 10th) hoping that the file will move faster. It appears that we have same officer- he/she may be going through COVID or COVID related long term effects, who knows. I am also from Hamilton. Took test sitting in my home in Hamilton.
One day the process will complete.

Reactions: johnsyk