+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

K.Rehman

Jan 7, 2023
My file is in Scarborough office i contacted ircc they said its your assumption that we are not working on your file....my last update was of background completion onn 11th april.
Before strike everything was going on a good pace but after that nO change....
Can any1 tell that is the delay due to strike backlog or due to Scarborough office?

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
What a good day is today. Thank you IRCC
We submitted the citizenship application on 7th Nove 2022 and AOR was in Den 28 and the Background check was completed on Feb 25th.
Today That is almost 8 months after the application they sent my wife an email and say she does not have enough physical presence in Canada and ALL the applications of my family are canceled!!
WTF
I have to apply again:( Can a family with KId apply online or it is still paper only?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
We submitted the citizenship application on 7th Nove 2022 and AOR was in Den 28 and the Background check was completed on Feb 25th.
Today That is almost 8 months after the application they sent my wife an email and say she does not have enough physical presence in Canada and ALL the applications of my family are canceled!!
WTF
I have to apply again:( Can a family with KId apply online or it is still paper only?
Sorry to hear! Usually for procedural fairness, they will first send an email stating an individual is ineligible for citizenship because of physical presence reasons and then they will give you an opportunité to present your case at a citizenship hearing. They can't cancel your application right away. If you have any doubt about your wife's physical presence days, it is better to withdraw your application instead of proceeding with a hearing with a citizenship judge. A hearing will draw out the process a lot! Once you officially withdraw, you can apply again... Remember to disclose your previous application if asked. Yes, families with minors can apply online!

Also, if it is only your wife's application that is in question, I would ask IRCC to separate yours and your kids application to separately proceed with oath. Cancelling yours and your kids application when they have no issue and meet grant critera does not make sense. That way only your wife needs to apply again. I believe this is the best way to go. I would call IRCC to see what is going on and try to separate your applications to proceed separately

In parallel for your wife, make sure you apply GCMS notes with CBSA for entry and exit dates (travel history). This way you'll see which trips you missed disclosing or why the physical presence did not add up. This will take about 30 days...

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Sorry to hear! Usually for procedural fairness, they will first send an email stating an individual is ineligible for citizenship because of physical presence reasons and then they will give you an opportunité to present your case at a citizenship hearing. They can't cancel your application right away. If you have any doubt about your wife's physical presence days, it is better to withdraw your application instead of proceeding with a hearing with a citizenship judge. A hearing will draw out the process a lot! Once you officially withdraw, you can apply again... Remember to disclose your previous application if asked. Yes, families with minors can apply online!

Also, if it is only your wife's application that is in question, I would ask IRCC to separate yours and your kids application to separately proceed with oath. Cancelling yours and your kids application when they have no issue and meet grant critera does not make sense. That way only your wife needs to apply again. I believe this is the best way to go. I would call IRCC to see what is going on and try to separate your applications to proceed separately

In parallel for your wife, make sure you apply GCMS notes with CBSA for entry and exit dates (travel history). This way you'll see which trips you missed disclosing or why the physical presence did not add up. This will take about 30 days...
Thank you for the explanation.
In the letter, they do not say anything about the hearing or separation of people. They just simply said this application and the applications of other people send at the same time with this application all are canceled. They will refund the fee and ask us all to apply again with a fresh application.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
In the letter, they do not say anything about the hearing or separation of people. They just simply said this application and the applications of other people send at the same time with this application all are canceled. They will refund the fee and ask us all to apply again with a fresh application.
I see, at least they are refunding your application fees! maybe the AOR was in error and they realised their error. I would call to clarify once though.

In this case, I would apply online again... but before you do, make sure you order CBSA travel history GCMS notes

Reactions: Jalalcananda

P@ssw0rd1

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WTF
I am so sorry to hear this and I can feel your pain. IRCC is totally unpredictable.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Also, which office sent you this e-mail? IRCC Vancouver?

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022

When do they actually check the physical presence days? After background complete or Test complete?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
When do they actually check the physical presence days? After background complete or Test complete?
I believe they check after test. Once your GCMS status is "e-Grant Review Ready"

GCMS States:
after AOR: e-Grants Inventory
File in transit to local IRCC: In Transit
once file is received at local IRCC: Registry
when scheduled for test: E-Grant Test Ready
after test was marked completed: E-Grant Review Ready
after Physical presence, Language, Prohibitions market completed: E-Grant Ceremony Ready

When clearance is required: E-Grant clearance pending

CanSal23

May 8, 2023
Sydney processing center
CPCS Program Support Follow-Up / Suivi du Programme de Soutien CTSD (CIC)
I am sorry to hear about your application situation.
It appears that all applications go to Sydney for initial assessment, where are you located and which office sent you test invite?

Last edited:

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I am sorry to hear about your application situation.
It appears that all applications go to Sydney for initial assessment, where are you located and which office sent you test invite?
I did not get any test invitation yet. Just waiting for more than 90 days for the test and today this cancelation came instead of the test.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Can a family with KId apply online or it is still paper only?
Can anyone share the experience? After this cancelation, I like to apply online if it is possible.