+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 / Inland Sponsorship

Holdyourbreath

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
Hi! It looks like I might have missed handwritten signature besides printed name in bg declaration form, I didn't save the physical copy of the form so I am not 100% sure. Is it possible to update the form with handwritten signature using webform? Or would my application be return irrespective?
Hope you dint miss it, the same mistake I committed in march by missing the hand written signature. They returned my complete application. Its clearly present in the checklist for Imm5669 if there is no handwritten signature with few other conditions they will return the application. It even depends on the officer aswell.
There is no harm in trying out by signing and sending it thru webform , sometimes they do accept it. Don't worry lets hope for the best.

Reactions: may4ank and riya21

Holdyourbreath

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
Can someone please tell me the steps or what documents are needed to extend visitor status. We have submitted inland pr application with owp but spouse visitor status is almost at 6mths and we want to be safe by extending visitor status.
In short you need to fill out imm5708e form. There is a checklist(IMM5558e) you need not attach but can refer it for filling and supporting documents to be attached for extension. Its always good to send a cover letter along with supporting documents to explain you have already applied for OWP+PR in order to maintain legal status you need to extend your stay. if possible attach your PR payment receipt and Temp AOR to support as a proof. Its anyways taking more than 6 months for extension hopefully by that time we may get our OWP ;)

Reactions: Blessedgirl0808

Holdyourbreath

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
Hope you dint miss it, the same mistake I committed in march by missing the hand written signature. They returned my complete application. Its clearly present in the checklist for Imm5669 if there is no handwritten signature with few other conditions they will return the application. It even depends on the officer aswell.
There is no harm in trying out by signing and sending it thru webform , sometimes they do accept it. Don't worry lets hope for the best.
Even try checking these answers from different thread it might be useful for u.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/submitting-imm5669-to-replace-one-with-missing-signatue.619122/

Reactions: riya21

riya21

Apr 12, 2016
Looks like CIC has disabled option to contact customer support. I have been trying since 2 weeks now, unable to reach them.

Holdyourbreath

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
Looks like CIC has disabled option to contact customer support. I have been trying since 2 weeks now, unable to reach them.
I tried today morning and was able to speak to customer support agent but still no much use. The agent replied with prospective AOR number she will not be able to check the information. I requested her to verify if they started completeness check review for November month but she was reluctant. For every question she was mentioning with prospective AOR she will not be able to check anything. Will keep trying for the supportive agent who can respond properly.

riya21

Apr 12, 2016
I tried today morning and was able to speak to customer support agent but still no much use. The agent replied with prospective AOR number she will not be able to check the information. I requested her to verify if they started completeness check review for November month but she was reluctant. For every question she was mentioning with prospective AOR she will not be able to check anything. Will keep trying for the supportive agent who can respond properly.
I tried today again, was able to talk to the agent. The mistake I was making earlier was I was selecting `I want to sponsor..` option and then connect with agent, Today I didn't select `I Want to sponsor..` option and directly selected connect with agent, and it worked.
The agent I talked to looked up my application and said it's not yet checked by officer for completeness. I submitted my application on nov 4th. Will check back again next week.

Holdyourbreath

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
I tried today again, was able to talk to the agent. The mistake I was making earlier was I was selecting `I want to sponsor..` option and then connect with agent, Today I didn't select `I Want to sponsor..` option and directly selected connect with agent, and it worked.
The agent I talked to looked up my application and said it's not yet checked by officer for completeness. I submitted my application on nov 4th. Will check back again next week.
Ya even i spoke with an agent today and they said its not yet checked by officers for completeness. I submitted my application on Nov5th. Lets wait till march and again connect with them.

Holdyourbreath

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
Hi All,
In the sheet for November month we can see two persons received AOR and one person got their application returned. I just wanted to know did anyone get to call the agents and checked if they have started processing? Any other updates??

aman635

Nov 18, 2020
So the two those you mention above did they gor AOR or prospective one

really thanks for the information that you provided