+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Hi Team, appreciate your opinions for below response of my MP, I had requested my MP to followup with the immigration team about my application status and I had described all the details in my email last week and today they sent me below response after getting an update.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi XXXX,

I have just gotten an update to your citizenship application. The eligibility has passed and on file. The security verification are in progress. The test is yet to be scheduled. I am sorry I wasn’t given a time frame for when this can be expected to be done. I know that in general immigration is only looking to finalize citizenship application now from back in July 2019. They are that far behind – at least 12 -14 behind in processing all files.

Regards,

XXXXX, Administrative Assistant
XXXXX, MP for XXXXX
Shadow Minister for Economic Development and
Inter-provincial Trade
XXXXX@XXXX
Constituency Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Hi there, just curious have you moved to Alberta? Sorry for asking as from your old posts it appears you are from SK?

ALBERTATHEGREAT

Nov 1, 2020
Hi there, just curious have you moved to Alberta? Sorry for asking as from your old posts it appears you are from SK?
Not yet my friend I am in Regina SK since my landing in Canada and for sure planning to move Alberta after getting my citizenship application approved.

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Hi Team, appreciate your opinions for below response of my MP, I had requested my MP to followup with the immigration team about my application status and I had described all the details in my email last week and today they sent me below response after getting an update.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi XXXX,

I have just gotten an update to your citizenship application. The eligibility has passed and on file. The security verification are in progress. The test is yet to be scheduled. I am sorry I wasn’t given a time frame for when this can be expected to be done. I know that in general immigration is only looking to finalize citizenship application now from back in July 2019. They are that far behind – at least 12 -14 behind in processing all files.

Regards,

XXXXX, MP for XXXXX
Inter-provincial Trade
XXXXX@XXXX
So it's pretty much the same info that you can see on the new tracker and/or ECAS or notes ordering from GCMS.

Well! at least the officer looked into your file. This background process is a beast. This is the place where it takes most of the processing time. No one can say or do anything within this department.

I hope you can see the background process from In Process to Completed soon.

kashifaziz

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
So I just checked my tracker after a long time and saw that everything was completed as of Nov 4th except the Citizenship Ceremony. I was never asked for Copy of Passport Pages. What does this mean? What should I expect next?
  • Language skills
    Completed
  • Physical presence
    Completed
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
  • Background verification
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    Completed
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
Application history
3 new update(s)
  • Nov 4, 2021

Language skills activity status updated
    New update
    Language skills

Language skills status has been updated to Completed
  • Nov 4, 2021

Prohibitions activity status updated
    New update
    Prohibitions

Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed
  • Nov 4, 2021

Physical presence activity status updated
    New update
    Physical presence

Physical presence status has been updated to Completed
  • Aug 27, 2021

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed
  • Aug 20, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between August 20, 2021 and September 9, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Reactions: Roger1985

kashifaziz

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
I just checked my application status!

Everything is now completed and Oath ceremony is not started yet. One last step till I become a citizen! Yayyyy!!!

weirdly, I didn’t received any email from immigration about this update :/

can someone update the tracker for me, please? Thanks a mill!
Everything updated for me too as of Nov 4th. No Email and I was never even asked for Passport Pages. What should we expect next?

Reactions: BuzzBuzz

ALBERTATHEGREAT

Nov 1, 2020
I am excited to share a great news!! As soon as my MP inquired yesterday about my Citizenship application my BG got completed in the tracker today. Its a great day for me I can see the progress on my application now. Really thankful to Sidharth and team for giving me an idea to approach MP.

Please update in our tracker please. Thank you.

Last edited:

December2016

Jan 10, 2018
Hi all, please add me to the excel sheet.
App. sent Nov. 4th, 2020
App. received Nov. 9th
Physical Presence: 1100 days
App. type: Family (2 person)
AOR: Feb. 12nd
In process: March 19
F.P. request: Sept. 14 th (updated in the online account on Sept. 15 ).
F.P. done: on Sept. 16th.
Thank you

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Since its one year, is it worth to raise a web form? My last update was April 23.
well it's been a year that is IRCC's promised processing timeline. It won't hurt you to ask them. But! you won't get any response from them since it's not a priority enquiry!!

Priority enquires include the following situations:
  • You’re in a crisis situation (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)
  • You’re facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)
  • You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances, which has a direct impact on your application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)
  • You need to submit documents requested by one of our officers
  • You’re changing your contact information
  • You’re withdrawing an application or requesting a refund
  • You have questions about the 2021 invitations to apply to sponsor parents and grandparents.

Reactions: ibrahim93

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Hi XXXX,

Regards,

XXXXX, MP for XXXXX
Inter-provincial Trade
XXXXX@XXXX
This is actually funny, since in reality most of the applications that are being finalized these days are those of late 2020 (you are not one of them now, but I expect you will hear from them soon if your file is not complex) and early 2021.

Reactions: Kornet

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Hi All,

My spouse got an update on her CIC online tracker that she has been scheduled for the test between Nov 19 and Dec 9. No email yet. Could you please update the tracker?

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Congrats. Which processing office?
Thank you. I am not sure as we haven't received the invite email yet. The last communication was for FP and that came from Vancouver. But based on where we live, it should be Scarborough is what I think.

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
Thank you. I am not sure as we haven't received the invite email yet. The last communication was for FP and that came from Vancouver. But based on where we live, it should be Scarborough is what I think.
My office is Scarborough too and i applied since june 2020 no test yet