Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-10-2017
What would happen to the timeline of the application if you move to a different province after or during the duration of your test invite window?

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
What would happen to the timeline of the application if you move to a different province after or during the duration of your test invite window?
I think it would depend on a lot of factors

1. Whether you are moving to a province which is relatively quicker or slower than your old one
3. The stage of your processing etc.....

But considering the current trends - it is fair to expect delays and consider yourself lucky when things move faster......

Reactions: sk000

Shirlz

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
IELTS Request
03-06-2016 Upfront
Med's Request
20-03-2017 Upfront
I just checked my application status!

Everything is now completed and Oath ceremony is not started yet. One last step till I become a citizen! Yayyyy!!!

weirdly, I didn’t received any email from immigration about this update :/

can someone update the tracker for me, please? Thanks a mill!

• Love
Reactions: siddharthbala

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
my guess is as good as anyone in this forum......updates seem to be happening quickly for some with oath scheduled in quick time but that is not the norm......

so you could have the party or just the coffee or none at all.......

• Haha
Reactions: Maya88

trv_237

Sep 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent-04-11-2016, Received- 07-11-2016
AOR Received.
SA-Nov 30th, AOR2- 19th December-2016
Any predictions for Montreal November applicants? (sleep emoji)
I have oath ceremony scheduled on Nov 26th. You can also follow a group on facebook for Montreal Citizenship, to get more updates. The oath ceremony has been expedited in these days.

• Love
Reactions: Maya88

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
my guess is as good as anyone in this forum......updates seem to be happening quickly for some with oath scheduled in quick time but that is not the norm......

so you could have the party or just the coffee or none at all.......
probably they are getting ready for in-person Oath ceremony!? who knows! things are getting better. This is our new norm and everyone accepts it.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
probably they are getting ready for in-person Oath ceremony!? who knows! things are getting better. This is our new norm and everyone accepts it.
Agree.....things are getting better.....but there is a huge back log and it is not yet consistent and across the board.....

Maybe you are right that they are getting ready for in person Oath and that could help.....but with COVID cases going up and down and as more restrictions ease.....will be interesting next couple of months....plus holiday is upon us.....

Reactions: sk000

smitsmart

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-10-2017
I have oath ceremony scheduled on Nov 26th. You can also follow a group on facebook for Montreal Citizenship, to get more updates. The oath ceremony has been expedited in these days.
Congrats!!

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Certainly not for me. Test status changed to Complete in August and no more updates since. Never received passport request even though I made a total of three 2-week trips during my eligibility period. Nothing in GCMS to indicate that file is non-routine.

Congrats btw!!

ALBERTATHEGREAT

Nov 1, 2020
Hi Team, appreciate your opinions for below response of my MP, I had requested my MP to followup with the immigration team about my application status and I had described all the details in my email last week and today they sent me below response after getting an update.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi XXXX,

I have just gotten an update to your citizenship application. The eligibility has passed and on file. The security verification are in progress. The test is yet to be scheduled. I am sorry I wasn’t given a time frame for when this can be expected to be done. I know that in general immigration is only looking to finalize citizenship application now from back in July 2019. They are that far behind – at least 12 -14 behind in processing all files.

Regards,

XXXXX, Administrative Assistant
XXXXX, MP for XXXXX
Shadow Minister for Economic Development and
Inter-provincial Trade
XXXXX@XXXX
Constituency Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX

• Haha
Reactions: CaBeaver and sk000