Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Still April 23rd april is the last update. Not sure what's going on !!! At least they can arrange the test for all applicants to give us some hope !. Pretty upset
You bet, for me as well. Its so annoying.
Dont be impatient now itself. There is a long road ahead of the finish line.
Need lot of patience to deal with cic on citizenship application.
Dont get tempted by seeing others progress.
Save your energy and limit your expectations - or else its going to be more painful than it already is.

Waited for 16 months for the test but some waiting longer than me. some early 2020(and some 2019) are still waiting for test - remember that.

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Save your energy and limit your expectations - or else its going to be more painful than it already is.

Waited for 16 months for the test but some waiting longer than me. some early 2020(and some 2019) are still waiting for test - remember that.
Thank you for these calming words :)

Reactions: BuzzBuzz

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

I hope you get it soon Hariraj! I wish you all the very best!

vadim_n

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Nomination.....
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
BuzzBuzz so happy for you! Congrats!

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017

In the grand scheme of things - months really don't matter as much. For some perspective:

You likely began this journey a 4+ years ago.
Your process would have likely taken about 1 year or thereabouts (from the idea of doing it, to gathering all the documents, to doing the IELTS,
You survived in this country, made a life for yourself in the past 3 odd years it took for you to qualify for citizenship.

If you ever ran into who you were half a decade ago and told them that you'd be getting your Canadian citizenship, 'half a decade ago' you would have had 'current day' you committed to a mental institution. :p

What's giving you anxiety right now will be nothing more than a memory a few years from now - keep moving forward and keep focusing on what's coming up. Everything about the future is uncertain, the only thing you have in your control is how you handle yourself.

You've made it this far, haven't you? Come to a new land as an immigrant, unsure of what your future here would be? You faced insurmountable odds to make a life here (some of you had it even worse, because you had families that depended on your success, which was one less burden for me when I came here as a single man) - bureaucratic delay should not be the thing that cracks you. Uncertainty shouldn't be new to you as an immigrant; it is your friend at this point.

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
In the grand scheme of things - months really don't matter as much. For some perspective:

Your process would have likely taken about 1 year or thereabouts (from the idea of doing it, to gathering all the documents, to doing the IELTS,
You survived in this country, made a life for yourself in the past 3 odd years it took for you to qualify for citizenship.

If you ever ran into who you were half a decade ago and told them that you'd be getting your Canadian citizenship, 'half a decade ago' you would have had 'current day' you committed to a mental institution. :p

What's giving you anxiety right now will be nothing more than a memory a few years from now - keep moving forward and keep focusing on what's coming up. Everything about the future is uncertain, the only thing you have in your control is how you handle yourself.

You've made it this far, haven't you? Come to a new land as an immigrant, unsure of what your future here would be? You faced insurmountable odds to make a life here (some of you had it even worse, because you had families that depended on your success, which was one less burden for me when I came here as a single man) - bureaucratic delay should not be the thing that cracks you. Uncertainty shouldn't be new to you as an immigrant; it is your friend at this point.
Well said!!!

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016

Why be SO condescending..??! This person is worried about his application, let him be worried.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: siddharthbala

saleem7821

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Nomination.....
PER Received :16-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 Remedical Assessment Request : 26-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2014 Remedical done : 17-09-2015
Passport Req..
PPR1 : 28-Oct-2014 , PPR2 : 26-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
InshahAllah May 2016 Welcome Edmonton
I'm applying for a new card right now. So I'm curious the answer as well
Yes I renewed my PR card this year . Initially I send the application in November 2020 and they returned my application due to photos specifications in March 2021 . Then I resubmitted in March and requested for urgent processing. Within a week they send me the PR cards .

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Yes I renewed my PR card this year . Initially I send the application in November 2020 and they returned my application due to photos specifications in March 2021 . Then I resubmitted in March and requested for urgent processing. Within a week they send me the PR cards .
Can you specifically look up the dates of the application package being delivered and them sending you a letter about the pictures?