Med's Done....
09-07-2014 Remedical done : 17-09-2015
Passport Req..
PPR1 : 28-Oct-2014 , PPR2 : 26-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
InshahAllah May 2016 Welcome Edmonton
Can you specifically look up the dates of the application package being delivered and them sending you a letter about the pictures?
Application delivered to IRCC on Novemeber 10 and package returned to me on March 15th . Then I resubmitted on March 20 and received PR card after one week.

Reactions: Elchinec

MAT9

Nov 1, 2018
Just for the information of the Fellows waiting for the Grant of citizenship.
Supporting facts and figures
  • Over 108,900 applicants became new citizens between January 1 and December 30, 2020. In 2019, there were over 249,700 new citizens.
  • As of January 31, 2021, there were approximately 310,000 applications in the citizenship grant inventory and over 23,000 applications for proof of citizenship (certificates).
Background
Knowledge test
  • As of January 31, 2021, the inventory of test-ready clients was around 102,200.
  • On November 26, 2020, the Department put in place an online platform for taking citizenship tests. Since the online citizenship test launched on November 26, 2020, over 8,500 applicants have taken the test up to January 31, 2021.
  • Over the next few months, as the system is tested, the Department will continue to invite clients who are eligible to take the online citizenship test on a first-in, first-served basis with priority being given to urgent clients.
  • An important aspect of holding online tests is the verification of applicants’ identities and proctoring, which are important to maintaining the integrity of the knowledge test, especially in an online environment. Measures are in place to confirm each applicant’s identity by capturing a photo of their ID, their face and by taking static photos during the test to ensure its integrity.
  • In February 2021, IRCC ramped up invitations to the test, from 2,000 to 3,000 a week. IRCC is aiming to continue sending out 3,000 invitations a week in March, and ramping up to 5,000 a week before the summer.
E-applications
  • On November 30, 2020, the Department launched the initial phase of the citizenship grant electronic application (e-application). This tool is being tested and refined over the next few months.
  • Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, IRCC had begun a citizenship modernization initiative to improve client service delivery. Electronic citizenship applications, or e-apps, are a part of this initiative.
  • Over the next few months, it is expected that the citizenship e-app will become available to more clients, including adults over 55 years of age, minors under 18 years of age, and family groups.
Oath of Citizenship
  • Bill C-8, introduced on October 22, 2020, brings forward changes to the Oath of Citizenship in response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Call to Action #94 to include reference to Indigenous treaties and rights.
  • On February 4, 2021, the Standing Committee on Indigenous and Northern Affairs completed its study of Bill C-8 and referred it back to the House with no amendments for Third Reading.

Last edited:

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Just for the information of the Fellows waiting for the Grant of citizenship.
Supporting facts and figures
  • Over 108,900 applicants became new citizens between January 1 and December 30, 2020. In 2019, there were over 249,700 new citizens.
  • As of January 31, 2021, there were approximately 310,000 applications in the citizenship grant inventory and over 23,000 applications for proof of citizenship (certificates).
Background
Knowledge test
  • As of January 31, 2021, the inventory of test-ready clients was around 102,200.
  • On November 26, 2020, the Department put in place an online platform for taking citizenship tests. Since the online citizenship test launched on November 26, 2020, over 8,500 applicants have taken the test up to January 31, 2021.
  • Over the next few months, as the system is tested, the Department will continue to invite clients who are eligible to take the online citizenship test on a first-in, first-served basis with priority being given to urgent clients.
  • An important aspect of holding online tests is the verification of applicants’ identities and proctoring, which are important to maintaining the integrity of the knowledge test, especially in an online environment. Measures are in place to confirm each applicant’s identity by capturing a photo of their ID, their face and by taking static photos during the test to ensure its integrity.
  • In February 2021, IRCC ramped up invitations to the test, from 2,000 to 3,000 a week. IRCC is aiming to continue sending out 3,000 invitations a week in March, and ramping up to 5,000 a week before the summer.
E-applications
  • On November 30, 2020, the Department launched the initial phase of the citizenship grant electronic application (e-application). This tool is being tested and refined over the next few months.
  • Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, IRCC had begun a citizenship modernization initiative to improve client service delivery. Electronic citizenship applications, or e-apps, are a part of this initiative.
  • Over the next few months, it is expected that the citizenship e-app will become available to more clients, including adults over 55 years of age, minors under 18 years of age, and family groups.
Oath of Citizenship
  • Bill C-8, introduced on October 22, 2020, brings forward changes to the Oath of Citizenship in response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Call to Action #94 to include reference to Indigenous treaties and rights.
  • On February 4, 2021, the Standing Committee on Indigenous and Northern Affairs completed its study of Bill C-8 and referred it back to the House with no amendments for Third Reading.
Ok so what do I do with this information?

pampal

Dec 19, 2016
Hello, Can anyone please suggest the place in GTA approved by IRCC for fingerprint request? Is there any appointment or walk in is also accepted? Planning to give fingerprint today for the request received on 30th July. I was out of Brampton since last week. Any quick help will be appreciated.
Fingerprint request: 30 July. Fingerprint submitted: 09 Aug

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just seen update regarding biometric requirement in tracker? Is this normal?
anyone went through this step?
applied in Nov 2020 and recived AOR in Feb
Any advice?

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Any advice?
Sounds like a fingerprint request.

Reactions: Jaymin007

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Any advice?
Yup, this happens sometimes. You'll have to have your fingerprints taken and sent to RCMP.

Follow the instructions in the email you'll receive in a few days.

Good luck!

Reactions: Jaymin007

samtoryyy

Oct 2, 2019
Any advice?

Same, my tracker updated to "Submit your fingerprints" today, but I haven't received the email yet. Should I wait for the email or go ahead and get the fingerprints done based on this link? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html#fingerprints

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same, my tracker updated to "Submit your fingerprints" today, but I haven't received the email yet. Should I wait for the email or go ahead and get the fingerprints done based on this link? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html#fingerprints
I am in same boat as you are not sure! I check one of the commission in my area and they have mention that we would required biometric requested letter as one of the documents. So we might have to wait until we recived in email or by mail.

i will keep you posted. Let me know if you can figure out weather we can go ahead and do it based on online tracker update?
Thanks

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Same with my spouse. The 'last updated' status changed from April 23, 2021 to August 11. There is an update that a fingerprint request has been issued. No email yet. Everything except Test and Ceremony in the dashboard is 'In Progress'. I hope there will be some update soon after submitting the figerprints.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Even I received a request but no email or letter.
Same with my spouse. The 'last updated' status changed from April 23, 2021 to August 11. There is an update that a fingerprint request has been issued. No email yet. Everything except Test and Ceremony in the dashboard is 'In Progress'. I hope there will be some update soon after submitting the figerprints.
You'll receive an email in a few days after you see a notification on the online dashboard.