+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

Inland Refugee

Jun 18, 2017
When I called IRCC today to check on my application, I was surprised that my criminality check was passed and my security clearance is in process although ATIP notes (received less than a month ago) showed them as not started before. I thought criminality usually takes more time with the RCMP than the CSIS security clearance right? Does that suggest more likely they will not ask for fingerprints? Also, only these two checks are required for background verifications, right? Any idea when I can expect a test invitation? Thanks

Dec 4, 2020
When I called IRCC today to check on my application, I was surprised that my criminality check was passed and my security clearance is in process although ATIP notes (received less than a month ago) showed them as not started before. I thought criminality usually takes more time with the RCMP than the CSIS security clearance right? Does that suggest more likely they will not ask for fingerprints? Also, only these two checks are required for background verifications, right? Any idea when I can expect a test invitation? Thanks
If you look in your ATIP notes under criminality, it will say CIT- Fingerprints Required or something like that if they needed fingerprints. This might not appear if criminality was not "in progress" when you requested notes. Either ways, if it's passed then they probably won't request it but take it with a grain of salt.
Also, CSIS is extremely fast and responds to request almost next day so you are absolutely correct, RCMP is the slower one but the slowest is CIC which can take weeks or months or even years to update that info. in your file.

Which office is your file at?

Reactions: Inland Refugee

Inland Refugee

Jun 18, 2017
If you look in your ATIP notes under criminality, it will say CIT- Fingerprints Required or something like that if they needed fingerprints. This might not appear if criminality was not "in progress" when you requested notes. Either ways, if it's passed then they probably won't request it but take it with a grain of salt.
Also, CSIS is extremely fast and responds to request almost next day so you are absolutely correct, RCMP is the slower one but the slowest is CIC which can take weeks or months or even years to update that info. in your file.

Which office is your file at?
Edmonton

eager

Jul 20, 2015
My background verification completed on Apr 9th and then no movement . I wonder how much longer they will take to send test invites . Anybody with the same timeline. BG complete - Apr 9th?

Carla2016

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2016
Doc's Request.
Not needed at this time
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-06-2016
Med's Request
Re medical request 14-nov-2016
Med's Done....
Up front November 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- dec- 2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-feb-2017
LANDED..........
April 7th 2017
My background verification completed on Apr 9th and then no movement . I wonder how much longer they will take to send test invites . Anybody with the same timeline. BG complete - Apr 9th?

Mine completed April 12

Reactions: Gunners and eager

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Well on other threads, ppl are saying that average time between BG Complete to send Test Invite is 90 days. This is just an assumtion, keep that in mind though.

Reactions: eager and Gunners

saleem7821

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Nomination.....
PER Received :16-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 Remedical Assessment Request : 26-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2014 Remedical done : 17-09-2015
Passport Req..
PPR1 : 28-Oct-2014 , PPR2 : 26-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
InshahAllah May 2016 Welcome Edmonton
Mine completed on April 12th .

Reactions: eager