+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I haven’t used ECAS since the new status system came online but I checked it anyway and it still says “In Progress.”

I would recommend using the Immigration Application Status tracker as provided by CIC as it is populated with more relevant information:

https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
Yeah I'm aware of the new dashboard. However, I don't think you'll see the date your application went to "Decision Made" on the new dashboard. This update is specific to ECAS.

Admin71

Oct 22, 2017
Yeah I'm aware of the new dashboard. However, I don't think you'll see the date your application went to "Decision Made" on the new dashboard. This update is specific to ECAS.
You've misread my post.

As I said, I went back and checked ECAS (specifically in response to your post). It still reads “In Progress.” There is no other information on that platform other than the standard AOR.

Given the new dashboard, I don’t see the point of using the (now) outdated ECAS system and would assume it is not a priority for IRCC to update, which is why I’d recommend anyone looking for updates used the aforementioned link.

Good Luck with your application, I hope you come to a resolution soon.

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Out of curiosity, from your signature, your status is "Test Ready" since March and Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions "Passed" as well but still you haven't received the test invite! Interesting!! I understand its a waiting game but I wonder how the sequences work at IRCC. Thanks for your insights on various threads.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Out of curiosity, from your signature, your status is "Test Ready" since March and Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions "Passed" as well but still you haven't received the test invite! Interesting!! I understand its a waiting game but I wonder how the sequences work at IRCC. Thanks for your insights on various threads.
The "Test Ready" status is from my GCMS notes. Been like that since March 24th but no test invite LOL. No - Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions are "In Progress". I agree that portion of my signature is confusing. I'll update it. It sure is a waiting game :) .

Reactions: sk000

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys heads up. Looks like someone just got an in-person test.

Look at this post. There is no test window and the words "online test" is not seen on their status update. They've given the applicant a single date (June 7) to attend the test. The OP still hasn't received an email.

We're still NOT SURE if this is an in-person test but be sure to check that thread when the OP responds once s/he receives the test invitation in the email.

UPDATE: This could just be IRCC modifying the process to allow only 1 day for online tests instead of the 21 day window. We won't know until the OP gets back to us once s/he received an email invite.

Last edited:

cash247

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Is this unusual? A friend’s portal update says next step is to take the test online and test is scheduled for June 9-23 but he hasn’t received any test invitation. Anyone know what’s going on?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Is this unusual? A friend’s portal update says next step is to take the test online and test is scheduled for June 9-23 but he hasn’t received any test invitation. Anyone know what’s going on?
Test invitation via email will be sent around 5 days before the test. Some people have received it like 2 - 3 days before the test.

Reactions: cash247

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016

Look at this post. There is no test window and the words "online test" is not seen on their status update. They've given the applicant a single date (June 7) to attend the test. The OP still hasn't received an email.

We're still NOT SURE if this is an in-person test but be sure to check that thread when the OP responds once s/he receives the test invitation in the email.

UPDATE: This could just be IRCC modifying the process to allow only 1 day for online tests instead of the 21 day window. We won't know until the OP gets back to us once s/he received an email invite.
That's pretty interesting if they want to speed applications

Reactions: Admin71

sk000

Jan 3, 2015

This is interesting if it's true! IRCC is giving someone to prepare for the test just 4 days regardless of it's in-person or online!!! If that is the case and if our assumption is right then we have to be prepare for the test o__O (right after receiving "In Process" or "BG check complete"!!)

Reactions: Gunners

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
This is interesting if it's true! IRCC is giving someone to prepare for the test just 4 days regardless of it's in-person or online!!! If that is the case and if our assumption is right then we have to be prepare for the test o__O
Yup but let's wait for the OP to get back to us with an update or more applicants report cases like this. This was just a heads up, just in case we have to be prepared because 4 days is short notice.

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
Looking at September and previous months, it seems that test invites are now being issued for those whose BG was completed on or before mid-March. I think for most of us in November, we got our BG completed in April so we should be getting our invites this month for sure!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Looking at September and previous months, it seems that test invites are now being issued for those whose BG was completed on or before mid-March. I think for most of us in November, we got our BG completed in April so we should be getting our invites this month for sure!
Well, someone said people get test invites around 90 days from when the BG checks were set to "Completed". However, I'm not sure how true this is. My Background Checks were set to "Completed" on March 9th. My GCMS showed my application moved to "Test Ready" status in Mississauga office on March 24th. Makes me think the test invites might be sent out around the 90 day mark from when the application went to "Test Ready" status (again, no evidence for this, just putting the possibility out there) which means I could, perhaps, receive a test invitation on or before 24th June.

Without a sizable number of applicants reporting this, we can't arrive at any conclusions.