+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

mrmrtn

Nov 3, 2020
I called CIC and was told that I am BG complete and just waiting to be invited for testing. Likely just waiting for all the previous applicants to get invited. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
I called CIC and was told that I am BG complete and just waiting to be invited for testing. Likely just waiting for all the previous applicants to get invited. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thats good. At least we know we are waiting on test invites. "BG complete" is a good news cause if IRCC is asking for FP that means your application is taking the non-routine route. So, its better than that.
A lot of DEC online applicants have already got their test and oath done too
Mostly online applicants. Thats good as well. Progression is always better than standing in a limbo.

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
Thats good. At least we know we are waiting on test invites. "BG complete" is a good news cause if IRCC is asking for FP that means your application is taking the non-routine route. So, its better than that.

Mostly online applicants. Thats good as well. Progression is always better than standing in a limbo.
Agreed! Thanks for the positive vibes (:)

halayqa

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Online tracker is not showing me anything related to BG. This is strictly what the guy from CIC told me.

Pretty much. To quote the guy:

"Congratulations, seems like you've passed the BG check and all that's left is to wait for the invitation to take the exam."

If this is any helpful, I've already done FP'ing for work related reasons, so I'm fairly sure they already had that from the very get go.
I got what's called reliability security clearance that's work related, but BG verification still in progress . Not sure if that can help processing my file .

mrmrtn

Nov 3, 2020
I got what's called reliability security clearance that's work related, but BG verification still in progress . Not sure if that can help processing my file .
Sorry, I deleted my post because I realized I made a mistake. I was only using ECAS to track the status of my application which doesn't show anything related to BG.

Using the current tracker (which I didn't know existed) I found the following:

Seems like my BG check was complete a while ago. Everything else is in progress, which doesn't really match what the guy said. Go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On a side note:

If they fingerprinted you at an RCMP offices and you've been BG checked by the gov you shouldn't have to wait long I think At least, I think this is the reason my BG Check went by so fast.

Reactions: Gunners and halayqa

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Even I have a RAIC Security clearance pass which I use when I work at the airport. Sometimes it help bypasses the Security at an airport. Filled out similar form like citizenship where I had to fill in address and employers for last 10 years. A thought Criminality check was carried even finger prints were taken for that purpose.
I don't see my Security clearance is helping me in anyway my BG verification is still in progress due to Criminality. I'm july2020.

Reactions: halayqa

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
Sorry, I deleted my post because I realized I made a mistake. I was only using ECAS to track the status of my application which doesn't show anything related to BG.

Using the current tracker (which I didn't know existed) I found the following:

Seems like my BG check was complete a while ago. Everything else is in progress, which doesn't really match what the guy said. Go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On a side note:

If they fingerprinted you at an RCMP offices and you've been BG checked by the gov you shouldn't have to wait long I think At least, I think this is the reason my BG Check went by so fast.
yes everything else will be IN PROCESS- till after the test

halayqa

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Even I have a RAIC Security clearance pass which I use when I work at the airport. Sometimes it help bypasses the Security at an airport. Filled out similar form like citizenship where I had to fill in address and employers for last 10 years. A thought Criminality check was carried even finger prints were taken for that purpose.
I don't see my Security clearance is helping me in anyway my BG verification is still in progress due to Criminality. I'm july2020.
If its gonna take same as PR, then it would be 10 months to finish the BG verification.

Admin71

Oct 22, 2017
UPDATE:

Language Skills - COMPLETED (31 May 21)
Physical Presence - COMPLETED (31 May 21)
Citizenship Test - COMPLETED (27 May 21)
Background Verification - COMPLETED (08 Apr 21)
Prohibitions - COMPLETED (31 May 21)
Citizenship Ceremony - NOT STARTED

I’ll update when the final piece of our journey concludes :)

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
yes everything else will be IN PROCESS- till after the test
A bit confusing though. If the language skills is in progress, I would think they are validating the documents submitted.

I would expect...BGC, Language, Prohibition, Physical presence to be complete - before the Citizenship test invite is sent isnt it?

If there is an issue with the documents, what will they do?

Reactions: Gunners

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A bit confusing though. If the language skills is in progress, I would think they are validating the documents submitted.

I would expect...BGC, Language, Prohibition, Physical presence to be complete - before the Citizenship test invite is sent isnt it?

If there is an issue with the documents, what will they do?
As per my understanding, they start process of verification & it is marked as complete after interview.