+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

Admin71

Oct 22, 2017
Congrats!! Do your other stages of the application still say In-Progess by the way?

Just checked again so I could give you the full picture:

Background Check & Citizenship Test: COMPLETE
Language Skills, Physical Presence and Prohibitions: IN PROGRESS
Citizenship Ceremony: NOT STARTED

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
Just checked again so I could give you the full picture:

Background Check & Citizenship Test: COMPLETE
Language Skills, Physical Presence and Prohibitions: IN PROGRESS
Citizenship Ceremony: NOT STARTED
Thanks for checking! So I guess a test invite isn't contingent on the others being competed, interesting!

Congrats again :D hope you get oath invite asap!

Reactions: Kornet and Admin71

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Expect test invites around 90 days after background check completion.
What do you mean by back ground check completion....Are you referring to the complete check - including Language, Prohibitions and physical presence?
if that is the general rule of thumb....wouldn't we see a lot of movement in the test invites for people who applied earlier that Oct / Nov 2020....

For e.g., my background check as per the new website was completed on April 19th and status updated in the new website on April 24. But language, prohibition and physical presence is in progress. Does this men that I can expect test invites by July (mid to end)?

Is this irrespective of the location?

Sounds too good to be true but really want this to come true.

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I moved 5 times during my eligibility period so I have 5 different address & 4 employers on my citizenship application. Does anybody know if that's is causing delay in background verifications -criminality to be specific?

canjpnphl

Mar 24, 2021
What do you mean by back ground check completion....Are you referring to the complete check - including Language, Prohibitions and physical presence?
if that is the general rule of thumb....wouldn't we see a lot of movement in the test invites for people who applied earlier that Oct / Nov 2020....

For e.g., my background check as per the new website was completed on April 19th and status updated in the new website on April 24. But language, prohibition and physical presence is in progress. Does this men that I can expect test invites by July (mid to end)?

Is this irrespective of the location?

Sounds too good to be true but really want this to come true.
From what I understand from several posts in FB and this forum, the process is usually BG Check -> Citizenship Test -> Language Skills, Physical Presence, Prohibitions > Oath Taking.

Language Skills, Physical Presence, and Prohibitions are checked after the test results are verified, that is why there are some people who get an interview a few weeks after the taking the test if the officer needs more information (in order to check those aforementioned three).

So it seems that the main driver to get a test invite is to get the BG Check complete. I also got my BG Check completed recently, so hopefully we get our test invites soon.

cat_woman

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-06-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Med's Request
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
08-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
LANDED..........
08-07-2017
You need to register for new status portal. Link is in my signature.
Thank you for sharing this information. I was unaware and it actually helped me gain more insight into my process which I didn't believe I had access to.
It shows that my Background check is completed as of April 9th while my Language skills/Physical presence/Prohibitions are In Progress, and the Citizenship test/Citizenship Ceremony has not started.

My Application status was last updated on the 23rd of April 2021. Hopefully, there will be another update soon!

Reactions: Gunners

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
From what I understand from several posts in FB and this forum, the process is usually BG Check -> Citizenship Test -> Language Skills, Physical Presence, Prohibitions > Oath Taking.

Language Skills, Physical Presence, and Prohibitions are checked after the test results are verified, that is why there are some people who get an interview a few weeks after the taking the test if the officer needs more information (in order to check those aforementioned three).

So it seems that the main driver to get a test invite is to get the BG Check complete. I also got my BG Check completed recently, so hopefully we get our test invites soon.

That's a positive analysis! Someone also quoted in a previous post that test invites seem to be issued 90 days after background check completion so if we got background check let's say 14 April, we should technically receive test invite beginning to mid-July, which would make sense given the trend we're now seeing for the first half of 2020.
What do you guys think?

Edit: some applicants after August 2020 are receiving test invites at 60 days rather than 90 days so we could start seeing more tests for November as early as mid June!

Reactions: OllySyd

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
That's a positive analysis! Someone also quoted in a previous post that test invites seem to be issued 90 days after background check completion so if we got background check let's say 14 April, we should technically receive test invite beginning to mid-July, which would make sense given the trend we're now seeing for the first half of 2020.
What do you guys think?

Edit: some applicants after August 2020 are receiving test invites at 60 days rather than 90 days so we could start seeing more tests for November as early as mid June!
Some are getting from 60 days as well so hopefully we get something in June itself

Reactions: phoenix111