N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
yeah December 2020 applicants are getting test invites :cool:
It's definitely good news and sort of confirms what I always suspected - being a pilot, the online applicants are now running through a different, accelerated 'ring', while the rest of our paper-based applications are on the normal 'ring'.

While it may be somewhat frustrating for the paper-based applications to watch this happen (I would be lying if I didn't admit there was a small part of me that doesn't feel the slightest tinge of jealousy :D ) this is an important milestone because the faster the folks in that initial batch reach the end of their grant of citizenship 'cycle', i.e. oath, the faster the process and pilot exercise can be examined for either further rollouts (they ran this exercise for very distinct criteria to ensure conformity; it is possible that the next phase for this in their development is to extend it to families as well).

I'm happy for them overall because they're ultimately going to show us what the future of this process is going to look like. There is also a possibility that our applications get pushed into that processing stream too - looking at the December 2020 boards as well, it would appear that the pace is accelerating; setting aside the Online applications going through their own processing 'ring', there are paper-based applications in there as late as Mid-December that have received their AORs. This is also excellent news because it means that something has definitely improved about processing times starting end-October.

As for our own cohort of applicants - setting aside:

a) Three applicants who, unfortunately, had their applications returned to them,
b) Six applicants whose status is currently unknown (I've either been unable to reach them because they don't exist as users here on the forums or they basically never came back after asking to be added to the tracker :rolleyes: )
c) Two - three applicants that I know of that are awaiting their updates still

The result is actually.....staggeringly good. I'm quite pleased that this batch has almost all the details filled out and because this cohort actually didn't have any urgent cases in it, the timelines are very consistent and are being reflected going into December 2020 as well. We should be keeping an eye on the progress of this December 2020 online application pilot because it will end up being one of the tools the IRCC uses to ease the current backlog.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Same for me - gonna give it a few more days and then just call up IRCC to get it done, if possible.
A small update on this - when I checked this morning, that other box (with my old mailing address) was gone entirely - there's just my Home address now and a button to change it (if needed). Just wanted to check if others see the same thing on their side as well.

If yes, then it means they either:

a) Fixed the issue when I sent the change address notification a few days after my AOR, or
b) (If this appears for everyone, not just for the folks that asked for their address to be updated) That they got so many complaints about it they finally decided to get rid of it entirely :p

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017

eager

Jul 20, 2015
A small update on this - when I checked this morning, that other box (with my old mailing address) was gone entirely - there's just my Home address now and a button to change it (if needed). Just wanted to check if others see the same thing on their side as well.

If yes, then it means they either:

a) Fixed the issue when I sent the change address notification a few days after my AOR, or
b) (If this appears for everyone, not just for the folks that asked for their address to be updated) That they got so many complaints about it they finally decided to get rid of it entirely :p
Thank you for the information, I do not see any change for me as yet. Maybe they will get to it when its my turn. I will keep the forum informed if i see any movement to my request for address change.

Juansehli

Dec 2, 2020
Thank you, my situation is really strange, and I do not know what to do. My wife and I never received AOR e-mail or letter. We applied as family in same envelope. My ECAS showed from two weeks ago that my application received. My wife ECAS did not show anything. Then the last week mine disappeared (that came with ECAS update in which they ask you if you received AOR or not), I no longer can see it. Is that means it is returning to us. I called IRCC but the agent said that they can not see it, and to wait few months!!!.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Thank you, my situation is really strange, and I do not know what to do. My wife and I never received AOR e-mail or letter. We applied as family in same envelope. My ECAS showed from two weeks ago that my application received. My wife ECAS did not show anything. Then the last week mine disappeared (that came with ECAS update in which they ask you if you received AOR or not), I no longer can see it. Is that means it is returning to us. I called IRCC but the agent said that they can not see it, and to wait few months!!!.
Honestly, I'm a little confused by what you just described. Let's see if I have it correct:

a) You and your wife submitted your applications together in a single envelope
b) You and your wife never got your AOR E-mails.
c) Your eCAS showed that you received an 'Application Received' (i.e. as per eCAS you got an AOR)
d) Your wife's eCAS didn't show anything
e) Suddenly last week your eCAS stopped showing anything
f) When you called IRCC, the agent couldn't find your application anymore.

If (a) through (f) is correct, then it's tough to say, honestly. It could be a glitch in their system or it means that after they processed your package and thought it was complete, they found something was missing after all and are preparing to send it back to you. I would suggest just waiting to see what happens next because it's a strange situation.

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
It's definitely good news and sort of confirms what I always suspected - being a pilot, the online applicants are now running through a different, accelerated 'ring', while the rest of our paper-based applications are on the normal 'ring'.
Progression is always good. Even if they are running through a different stream regardless the "official" processing time 12 months still.

While it may be somewhat frustrating for the paper-based applications to watch this happen (I would be lying if I didn't admit there was a small part of me that doesn't feel the slightest tinge of jealousy :D ) this is an important milestone because the faster the folks in that initial batch reach the end of their grant of citizenship 'cycle', i.e. oath, the faster the process and pilot exercise can be examined for either further rollouts (they ran this exercise for very distinct criteria to ensure conformity; it is possible that the next phase for this in their development is to extend it to families as well).
It's not frustrating honestly. It's how they are handling it. You have a choice to apply online and paper. Which route you're gonna take that upto you. But IRCC is not giving us the clear picture about it, that's all. On the other hand, am I jealous? A little bit, not gonna lie. They launched this program around December 2020 right after we applied in November :cool:

I'm happy for them overall because they're ultimately going to show us what the future of this process is going to look like. There is also a possibility that our applications get pushed into that processing stream too - looking at the December 2020 boards as well, it would appear that the pace is accelerating; setting aside the Online applications going through their own processing 'ring', there are paper-based applications in there as late as Mid-December that have received their AORs. This is also excellent news because it means that something has definitely improved about processing times starting end-October.
I am happy for anyone who's becoming a Canadian. The system should be fair at the same time. I've seen people from 2018 are still waiting for OATH invite, people from 2019 are still waiting for Test Invite. This is not fair to them. Lets skip for those who have complicated cases but for those who got invite in March 2020 but cancelled due to COVID 19. Some of them are still waiting for Test Invite. It's not fair at all at any circumstances. It is what it is. Life is not fair to all. So move on :)

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Honestly, I'm a little confused by what you just described. Let's see if I have it correct:

a) You and your wife submitted your applications together in a single envelope
b) You and your wife never got your AOR E-mails.
c) Your eCAS showed that you received an 'Application Received' (i.e. as per eCAS you got an AOR)
d) Your wife's eCAS didn't show anything
e) Suddenly last week your eCAS stopped showing anything
f) When you called IRCC, the agent couldn't find your application anymore.

If (a) through (f) is correct, then it's tough to say, honestly. It could be a glitch in their system or it means that after they processed your package and thought it was complete, they found something was missing after all and are preparing to send it back to you. I would suggest just waiting to see what happens next because it's a strange situation.
If this in ecas,it's not coming back , no way coming back , if it disappeared even than not coming back ,as it was there and you saw dates, if it was one package , you should be good

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Today, I received AOR for myself and all of my family members.
Application send nov 28
Application received nov 30
Number of days 1825
AOR received Feb 25.