+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

ujji

Jan 28, 2021
Hi,

Does anyone know how long are people waiting after DM to receive an Oath Invitation. I did my test in November 2021 and DM was on Feb 25th, 2022. Still waiting on Oath.

• Wow
Reactions: Carla2016

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Hi FutureImmi. No updates. Every time I open the forum I always hope to see a message instead from you which saying updates.
It's been 5 months since we wrote the test!
Yes unfortunately it's been 5 months and there's no end in sight. All we can do is hope this nightmare of an application end soon.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Can i take citizenship oath outside Canada?
You can. Email them requesting taking oath outside with supporting documents like doctor's diganosis and they will forward the request to Registar of Canadian Citizenship who's the decision maker.

abdou151

Mar 20, 2017
Hi All,
I applied in November 2020, did my test on 14th of January 2022, and no updates yet. No decision made and no oath scheduled.
I'm in Toronto and I believe I'm with the Toronto office. Paper application. Anyone in the same situation? When can I expect my 0ath?

Also, I'm thinking of suing IRCC with the federal court. Anyone tried that before? Would I be successful?

Thanks

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
What a shitty system of scheduling oath, why can't they give applicants option to choose slots and attend oath once they are approved.

• Haha
Reactions: sk000

fafa1004

Jan 5, 2013
Hi FutureImmi. No updates. Every time I open the forum I always hope to see a message instead from you which saying updates.
It's been 5 months since we wrote the test!
Hi Carla2016,

I am also in Edmonton. I’ve done my test in March.

Are all your language,background check, etc mark as completed or not yet ? What’s the next email we expected to get after took the test ? It seems to me some were asked for finger print , some are not ?

I am asking because I didn’t get email for my test invitation . Have I not checked my online tracker , I will miss it . And my test mark as completed 3 weeks after I took it, instead of just few days like most people (just to make sure we don’t get email to confirm our test is completed, right ? Or did I missed another email again?).

Thank you and have a nice day

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Hi Carla2016,

Are all your language,background check, etc mark as completed or not yet ? What’s the next email we expected to get after took the test ? It seems to me some were asked for finger print , some are not ?

I am asking because I didn’t get email for my test invitation . Have I not checked my online tracker , I will miss it . And my test mark as completed 3 weeks after I took it, instead of just few days like most people (just to make sure we don’t get email to confirm our test is completed, right ? Or did I missed another email again?).

I'm assuming your background check is completed, so you shouldn't expect any email requesting fingerprints.

You may, however, be requested to provide passport copies etc at anytime before completing next steps. I would suggest that you thoroughly check your spam folder for any email from ircc with your test invitation (which you most likely already did). Next submit a webform describing you haven't received your test invite through email. Also give them a call and update/ reconfirm your email address just in case.

Edmonton office took 15 days to update my spouse's test as well back in January this year. So I reckon there's nothing for you to stress much about that.
All the best

ujji

Jan 28, 2021
Does changing the address on file with CIC, change the office where the citizenship application was being processed at? Anyone knows about this?

Carla2016

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2016
Doc's Request.
Not needed at this time
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-06-2016
Med's Request
Re medical request 14-nov-2016
Med's Done....
Up front November 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- dec- 2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-feb-2017
LANDED..........
April 7th 2017
Hi Carla2016,

Hi Fafa,
Only background check and test are marked completed for me. All the rest in process except oath not started. That's strange you didn't receive test invite email. But you don't receive an email when you test is marked complete.

As for the next step this cannot be predicted as Cic alone decide on a case to case base

As for the next

fafa1004

Jan 5, 2013
I'm assuming your background check is completed, so you shouldn't expect any email requesting fingerprints.

You may, however, be requested to provide passport copies etc at anytime before completing next steps. I would suggest that you thoroughly check your spam folder for any email from ircc with your test invitation (which you most likely already did). Next submit a webform describing you haven't received your test invite through email. Also give them a call and update/ reconfirm your email address just in case.

Edmonton office took 15 days to update my spouse's test as well back in January this year. So I reckon there's nothing for you to stress much about that.
All the best
Hi FutureImmi ,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I did checked my spam folder (on several gadgets nonetheless, to make sure it wasn’t my particular gadget that somehow missed the email). I end up called CIC, The staff I talked to was incredibly nice and accommodating, it was just the struggle to talk with the actual human that’s so tiring.

I easily get nervous and anxious thus I don’t check my online tracker nor this forum often since I thought I will get email if I need to do anything. But having almost miss important step, I now (feel that I have to) check it more regularly. So, allow me to join you guys who are waiting (impatiently) and checking up (on constant basis)

Have a great day !