+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

fafa1004

Jan 5, 2013
Hi Fafa,
Only background check and test are marked completed for me. All the rest in process except oath not started. That's strange you didn't receive test invite email. But you don't receive an email when you test is marked complete.

As for the next step this cannot be predicted as Cic alone decide on a case to case base

As for the next
Hi Carla2016,

Thank you for your reply. I phoned CIC 3 days before my deadline to take the test to make sure I indeed don’t get the email and they said that they did send the email but probably there was a glitch or some sort. I just hope no one else experience it , or if they do , it happens to someone who check online tracker regularly (I certainly didn’t do it before all this happened)

This case to case basis is certainly frustrating, isn't it ? That’s why I don’t check my online tracker nor this forum often . I get anxious easily and what’s the point of getting anxious when I can’t do anything about it. Hopefully, come summer they’ll sped up the process ( I don’t see how it correlates but hopeful thinking won’t hurt, will it ? :) )

Have a great day!

Hman198

May 11, 2021
You can. Email them requesting taking oath outside with supporting documents like doctor's diganosis and they will forward the request to Registar of Canadian Citizenship who's the decision maker.
what should be the case that i need to talk in the email?
Also to which email should i send? i have not received any email from them yet but i only checked trhough ECAS online and i realized i am scheduled for oath. Thanks in advance.

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Hello,

I mailed my citizenship application in November 2020, and I see that my application started processing on Jan 21 2021.. No progress at all from that point on.. Everything like language skills, physical presence is in progress, but really no movement from Jan 2021 to now.

I contacted them twice through web form, and the only thing they got back to me with is >> due to covid19, our processing time is taking longer.

I have three friends who applied around the same time I did, and they're now citizens. They're in Toronto. I am in Montreal.

lezah07

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
I just checked my application, and everything is completed last yesterday, May 23, except for the Oath taking Ceremony.
In your experience, how long before I receive an actual invite?

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
I just checked my application, and everything is completed last yesterday, May 23, except for the Oath taking Ceremony.
In your experience, how long before I receive an actual invite?
I received the update about the ceremony 2 weeks after I got everything Completed. Although, I am still waiting for the email with the detailed instructions for the ceremony.

Reactions: lezah07

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Oh wow, congratulations! & you submitted your application in Nov 2020? I did my test Nov 26th last year, and no updates whatsoever since. Sucks lol
Thank you! :) Yes, IRCC received it Nov 20, 2020. That is definitely sucks, I would contact them, because it's been a long time since your test. Did you get an update that they confirmed your test results?

Reactions: sk000

Carla2016

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2016
Doc's Request.
Not needed at this time
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-06-2016
Med's Request
Re medical request 14-nov-2016
Med's Done....
Up front November 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- dec- 2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-feb-2017
LANDED..........
April 7th 2017
C
Hello,

I mailed my citizenship application in November 2020, and I see that my application started processing on Jan 21 2021.. No progress at all from that point on.. Everything like language skills, physical presence is in progress, but really no movement from Jan 2021 to now.

I contacted them twice through web form, and the only thing they got back to me with is >> due to covid19, our processing time is taking longer.

I have three friends who applied around the same time I did, and they're now citizens. They're in Toronto. I am in Montreal.
Contact your MP

Reactions: sk000

fafa1004

Jan 5, 2013
Hi all,

*My old ecas (the one that ask family name , DOB ) said Decision Made
*My new ecas (the one that only need UCI) said in process. Other than oath, all requirements is completed (12 May)
*I called CIC and they said my application is open , means haven't reach DM yet and they said DM means I will get oath invitation

My question:
  1. Is it normal that old and new ecas show different progress ?
  2. Shouldn’t I get email for decision made ? From the moment your ecas show DM , how long you wait for DM email ?
  3. I read few pages back , a member wrote in this thread that CIC seems to send DM email when oath is near in horizon . Do you think it’s still the case ?

Thank you and have a great day

Last edited:

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
C

Contact your MP
Hello @Carla2016 , do you happen to know any 2020 applicants from Edmonton office? I’m trying to put together a timeline to make sense of this mess.

Every other office seems to be processing November/ December 2020 applicants except Edmonton. And applicants from October haven’t updated the tracker either so really not sure where Edm is in terms of timeline.

Seeksadv

May 27, 2022
Hi guys, need some advise on an important issue.

I have recently applied for my citizenship application. At the same time my marriage of 3 years seems to be heading south.

I have some questions in mind which i’d be very grateful if can be answered correctly;

1. Does separation/divorce impact my citizenship application in anyway?

2. If we separate, do I need to inform IRCC about this change?

3. If it’s a “YES” for the above then what if we separate and after sometime resolve our differences and are able to get back together. In this case would I have to get in touch with IRCC a second time to inform them we are back together?

*note we immigrated to Canada on PR statuses as a married couple. And not through spousal visa.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Dreamlad

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Hi guys, need some advise on an important issue.

I have recently applied for my citizenship application. At the same time my marriage of 3 years seems to be heading south.

I have some questions in mind which i’d be very grateful if can be answered correctly;

1. Does separation/divorce impact my citizenship application in anyway?

2. If we separate, do I need to inform IRCC about this change?

3. If it’s a “YES” for the above then what if we separate and after sometime resolve our differences and are able to get back together. In this case would I have to get in touch with IRCC a second time to inform them we are back together?

*note we immigrated to Canada on PR statuses as a married couple. And not through spousal visa.

Thanks in advance.
Your marital status has no bearing on your citizenship application. However you will need to select your marital status while applying for your citizenship. Also when things get better you’ll again have to update them with your situation.

All they care is that you meet the requirements and don’t have any criminal records or proceedings against you.

Hope you find your peace and all the best with your application.

Reactions: Jack-Can

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Your marital status has no bearing on your citizenship application. However you will need to select your marital status while applying for your citizenship. Also when things get better you’ll again have to update them with your situation.

All they care is that you meet the requirements and don’t have any criminal records or proceedings against you.

Hope you find your peace and all the best with your application.
IRCC said they're finalizing my application. What does it mean?