+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
An interesting article for those of us while we wait for our oaths.

Very Interesting ! It has been stressful to keep on waiting for oath and understand the logic behind the invites and the test or decision made dates
I have stopped trying to make sense or put things together. Man! it's simply not worth it! I have been trying not to think about it and focus on anything other than this lol.
Yesterday while I was checking for passport application process to see if there's any updated form for the application. I saw that now if you want to apply in person, you'll have to show them a valid reason to book an in-person appointment! I was like wow! Definitely lot of people have been trying to get their passport asap. I was like who's traveling these days during COVID. Then watch this news the other day and I am like yeah no wonder ppl are desperate to get their passport.

Additionally from the news link from @Gunners
"The family has been waiting months to take their oaths to become Canadian citizens, and the wait has prevented them from visiting a sick family member overseas." -- common you guys have been immigrated to Canada that means you have valid a passport! What's stopping you visiting your own country with your passport!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunners

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
I have stopped trying to make sense or put things together. Man! it's simply not worth it! I have been trying not to think about it and focus on anything other than this lol.
Yesterday while I was checking for passport application process to see if there's any updated form for the application. I saw that now if you want to apply in person, you'll have to show them a valid reason to book an in-person appointment! I was like wow! Definitely lot of people have been trying to get their passport asap. I was like who's traveling these days during COVID. Then watch this news the other day and I am like yeah no wonder ppl are desperate to get their passport.

"The family has been waiting months to take their oaths to become Canadian citizens, and the wait has prevented them from visiting a sick family member overseas." -- common you guys have been immigrated to Canada that means you have valid a passport! What's stopping you visiting your own country with your passport!
Are you from Mississauga office too ? DM since October now/ 3+ Months ?

Hman198

May 11, 2021
Hi all,
Is the test the last step before the DM and oath? Do they ask you to take a test only if all the other eligibilities are met?
i.e., if the test is requested, does it mean that the language, residence and other eligibility are met also?

cainasouza

Dec 6, 2021

It says afterwards "...who can't travel to Bangladesh to be with her mother — who has breast cancer — due to her expired PR card and the delay on her status.". Many people likely don't renew their PR cards counting on the citizenship being approved on time, that sucks.

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
It says afterwards "...who can't travel to Bangladesh to be with her mother — who has breast cancer — due to her expired PR card and the delay on her status.". Many people likely don't renew their PR cards counting on the citizenship being approved on time, that sucks.
well you should have your document updated regardless just like you don't keep expired passports at home! The reason I have pointed that out because it's not a valid reason for someone who can have other better options but chooses not to go that route, that's all. You should know the consequences of your actions.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
It's an infuriating position to be in, tbh:

a) Don't renew PR card because you know your citizenship application is done, the oath is left. I mean, how much longer could it take, right? Right?
b) Oath ceremony takes forever, you think "Ah, hell - looks like I might need to renew PR card after all."
c) Then you see that the PR card renewal now takes almost as long as the entire citizenship process in the first place.
d) Profuse swearing ensues.

Honestly, the only thing the government should consider doing at this point is that they should allow for expedited processing/mass grant of PRTD's for these situations (show us you have an approved citizenship application and your PR card, you will be issued a PRTD so you can travel until your oath is completed) because it's not our fault that the government's moving slow as molasses on processing extensions/renewals on existing valid documentation and citizenship stuff.

RBel

Sep 9, 2015
Hello everyone,

Final update;

AOR: Feb 15 2021
Test notification: July 7 2021
Test taken: July 15 2021
Citizenship oath notification: Jan 4 2022
Citizenship ceremony: Jan 26 2022
Citizenship Oath activity status updated & application updated to closed: Feb 3 2022

Thank you all for the support throughout. Good luck to all that's still in the process.

Tala20-5

Oct 21, 2017
Hi al,

I am having the last touches on my citizenship application and I have a question for those whom applied and received AOR.
Any one provide PR as ID ?!
What kind of IDs did you provide with ur application?!

your input highly appreciated

Gas

Sep 29, 2018
Hello everyone,

Final update;

AOR: Feb 15 2021
Test notification: July 7 2021
Test taken: July 15 2021
Citizenship oath notification: Jan 4 2022
Citizenship ceremony: Jan 26 2022
Citizenship Oath activity status updated & application updated to closed: Feb 3 2022

Thank you all for the support throughout. Good luck to all that's still in the process.
When do u receive DM

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
Whats the next steps after the oath ceremony? We have to wait for the certificate via mail a couple of weeks again ? And then apply passport in person would be quickest?

Reactions: Kornet

Carla2016

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2016
Doc's Request.
Not needed at this time
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-06-2016
Med's Request
Re medical request 14-nov-2016
Med's Done....
Up front November 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- dec- 2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-feb-2017
LANDED..........
April 7th 2017
Hi everybody,

I've been scheduled to attend the citizenship ceremony on February 22, 2022.

London, ON here.

Hi when did you write your test?