+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Sogigurpreet

Jun 11, 2020
@legalfalcon, I am CEC Candidate and I got my AOR on November 16,2020. I passed my medical on 22 Dec and when I spoke to IRCC agent in May I was told I have cleared all the stages and now waiting for the final decision. I called them yesterday and I was told the same thing. when I asked more about my file from IRCC agent she told me nothing to worry about everything looks clear. I have been waiting for the last four months with the same info what should I do to understand whats going on with my file. last time my file was updated was in April. please help me with this situation

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, I am CEC Candidate and I got my AOR on November 16,2020. I passed my medical on 22 Dec and when I spoke to IRCC agent in May I was told I have cleared all the stages and now waiting for the final decision. I called them yesterday and I was told the same thing. when I asked more about my file from IRCC agent she told me nothing to worry about everything looks clear. I have been waiting for the last four months with the same info what should I do to understand whats going on with my file. last time my file was updated was in April. please help me with this situation
Have you requested your GCMS notes to see where your application stands?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
yup I have applied for GCMS notes Its been 2 weeks , I have raised webform as well waiting for the reply
Once you have your GCMS notes you will have a clear picture.

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Do not want to add my child in my application but got request letter to add, how to respond

Hi,

In response to 'ready for visa' email, I informed the birth of my child to ircc. However, I mentioned that I do not want to add my child in my application. But, I received a request letter in my account acknowledging my intention to add my child in my application and asked me to submit documents within 30 days. They said if I failed to meet the deadline, they will make a decision on the existing documents and the application could be rejected. I saw a link has been opened in my account to upload documents.
How can I inform ircc that I DO NOT WANT TO ADD my child to my application? How can I send reply to IRCC that I never intended to add my child. Is it mandatory to add my children in PR application before landing?

My child is a US citizen and I believe he can accompany me in Canada while landing without any visa. Is that correct? My spouse and I, intend to land in Canada and stay there for 2-3 weeks. Will my child be able to accompany me as he is a US citizen?

Thanks.

sm07

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Do not want to add my child in my application but got request letter to add, how to respond

Hi,

In response to 'ready for visa' email, I informed the birth of my child to ircc. However, I mentioned that I do not want to add my child in my application. But, I received a request letter in my account acknowledging my intention to add my child in my application and asked me to submit documents within 30 days. They said if I failed to meet the deadline, they will make a decision on the existing documents and the application could be rejected. I saw a link has been opened in my account to upload documents.
How can I inform ircc that I DO NOT WANT TO ADD my child to my application? How can I send reply to IRCC that I never intended to add my child. Is it mandatory to add my children in PR application before landing?

My child is a US citizen and I believe he can accompany me in Canada while landing without any visa. Is that correct? My spouse and I, intend to land in Canada and stay there for 2-3 weeks. Will my child be able to accompany me as he is a US citizen?

Thanks.

bluemotion

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
My landing experience

I thought to share my landing experience.

After a very long 21-month journey (story shared here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2020-aor-join-here.708612/page-229) my husband and I received our COPR in the month of May 2021. With the hotel quarantine requirement still in place, we decided to put off immediate traveling to Canada. However, in the month of June, we were glad to know that vaccinated travelers will be exempted from this requirement starting from the 5th of July. We booked our tickets to Toronto (although, Alberta is our province of settlement). In preparation for the landing procedure, we filled the CBSA forms (BSF186 and BSF186A) for declaring the goods we were coming with and goods to follow. A day before our travel, we kept in our details on the ARRIVECAN app. To make the process easy and straightforward, we printed out the code gotten from the ARRIVECAN app after check-in, our COVID test, vaccination records, and the completed CSBSA forms. We also printed out our bank statements with the minimum required funds for a family of two, we also had our marriage certificate with us.

On the day of our travel, we got to to the airport 3 hours before our departure time. Check-in with Air Canada was very smooth. We landed after 1 hour in Toronto where we were directed to check-in electronically. Afterward, we were directed towards the immigration section. We presented our immigrant visa, COPR, COVID result, and ARRIVECAN code after which we proceeded to complete our landing procedure. In the area designated for landing, we were attended to by a very nice lady who asked for our visas and COPR nothing more. We were asked for an address we would like our PRC card to be mailed to us. We provided an address in Manitoba. We were congratulated for becoming permanent residents and then proceeded for our on-arrival COVID test. It was a very smooth process. We had initially opened a SWITCH HEALTH account (even if we had not, there was provision for opening an account either online by yourself, or one of the persons in charge of the testing would gladly help with it). After the test, we proceeded to customs declaration. We were asked for photos of the pieces of jewelry we were planning to bring in later on. We never had this and so, the officer told us to come back later to complete the declaration process. We were a little shocked by this as we were of the opinion that this has to be done on the day of landing to avoid tax later on. We were told to go to the customs section once we have the pictures with 2 copies of each of the BSF186 forms. We then proceeded to claim our baggage and headed to our AIRBNB reservation. We received our negative test in the night and were cleared from any quarantine requirements.

The next day, we went to one of the Service Canada locations to obtain our social insurance number. It was a very easy process. We needed a Canadian telephone number and so, we used the number we had gotten from the textnow app. Our SIN was issued and we went ahead to register for a SIM card. We put off registering for our health card as our final destination of settlement was somewhat dependent on where we get employed. Two weeks later, we went back to the airport to declare our good to follow. It was a very smooth and easy process. We were given some documents that we will need to present when the goods are brought into Canada.

On the day of arrival, we had linked our PR card application to our CIC account and we kept monitoring it for any updates. A week later, we got a ghost update on the application. We called the customer service line and were told by the agent that our cards were sent for production. Two weeks later, we received an email stating that we have a message in our account. We logged in and saw our status as approved. Our cards were mailed to us!!

We had begun interviewing for jobs prior to us arriving in Canada and we were happy to secure a position within 1 week of arrival. Canada is a beautiful place with very nice people.

It's been a journey. I wish everyone success in their immigration journey. Thank you all for all the support so far.
Many congratulations on completing the journey! it looks like everything went smooth for you and i wish the future holds abundance of success for you and your family.

i would deeply appreciate if you could share the timelines of visiting service canada, obtaining SIN and other things and also the timeline of your PR card. how many days did PR card take in total to come to you by post?

thank you!

Last edited:

Rayaan

Aug 26, 2018
My landing experience

I thought to share my landing experience.

After a very long 21-month journey (story shared here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2020-aor-join-here.708612/page-229) my husband and I received our COPR in the month of May 2021. With the hotel quarantine requirement still in place, we decided to put off immediate traveling to Canada. However, in the month of June, we were glad to know that vaccinated travelers will be exempted from this requirement starting from the 5th of July. We booked our tickets to Toronto (although, Alberta is our province of settlement). In preparation for the landing procedure, we filled the CBSA forms (BSF186 and BSF186A) for declaring the goods we were coming with and goods to follow. A day before our travel, we kept in our details on the ARRIVECAN app. To make the process easy and straightforward, we printed out the code gotten from the ARRIVECAN app after check-in, our COVID test, vaccination records, and the completed CSBSA forms. We also printed out our bank statements with the minimum required funds for a family of two, we also had our marriage certificate with us.

On the day of our travel, we got to to the airport 3 hours before our departure time. Check-in with Air Canada was very smooth. We landed after 1 hour in Toronto where we were directed to check-in electronically. Afterward, we were directed towards the immigration section. We presented our immigrant visa, COPR, COVID result, and ARRIVECAN code after which we proceeded to complete our landing procedure. In the area designated for landing, we were attended to by a very nice lady who asked for our visas and COPR nothing more. We were asked for an address we would like our PRC card to be mailed to us. We provided an address in Manitoba. We were congratulated for becoming permanent residents and then proceeded for our on-arrival COVID test. It was a very smooth process. We had initially opened a SWITCH HEALTH account (even if we had not, there was provision for opening an account either online by yourself, or one of the persons in charge of the testing would gladly help with it). After the test, we proceeded to customs declaration. We were asked for photos of the pieces of jewelry we were planning to bring in later on. We never had this and so, the officer told us to come back later to complete the declaration process. We were a little shocked by this as we were of the opinion that this has to be done on the day of landing to avoid tax later on. We were told to go to the customs section once we have the pictures with 2 copies of each of the BSF186 forms. We then proceeded to claim our baggage and headed to our AIRBNB reservation. We received our negative test in the night and were cleared from any quarantine requirements.

The next day, we went to one of the Service Canada locations to obtain our social insurance number. It was a very easy process. We needed a Canadian telephone number and so, we used the number we had gotten from the textnow app. Our SIN was issued and we went ahead to register for a SIM card. We put off registering for our health card as our final destination of settlement was somewhat dependent on where we get employed. Two weeks later, we went back to the airport to declare our good to follow. It was a very smooth and easy process. We were given some documents that we will need to present when the goods are brought into Canada.

On the day of arrival, we had linked our PR card application to our CIC account and we kept monitoring it for any updates. A week later, we got a ghost update on the application. We called the customer service line and were told by the agent that our cards were sent for production. Two weeks later, we received an email stating that we have a message in our account. We logged in and saw our status as approved. Our cards were mailed to us!!

We had begun interviewing for jobs prior to us arriving in Canada and we were happy to secure a position within 1 week of arrival. Canada is a beautiful place with very nice people.

It's been a journey. I wish everyone success in their immigration journey. Thank you all for all the support so far.
Congratulations and thank you very much for sharing your experience in landing process. 1.Could you plz share how you moved to the province which nominated you..
2.did they ask you, why you are landing in Toronto instead of Manitoba.
3. Do we need to show them the jewellery photos which currently we have and as well as which we are going to bring in the future? what about new jewellery if will by in future and bring to Canada.. can't we declare when actually we are bringing those.

Appreciate if you could share this..if you know☺

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Many congratulations on completing the journey! it looks like everything went smooth for you and i wish the future holds abundance of success for you and your family.

I would deeply appreciate if you could share the timelines of visiting service Canada, obtaining SIN and other things, and also the timeline of your PR card. how many days did the PR card take in total to come to you by post?

thank you!
Thank you for the best wishes.

We visited Service Canada the next day after arrival and got our SIN the same day. We have not registered for a health card yet. I plan to do that soon via mail instead. Our PR card took 4 weeks from the day we landed to when it was sent by post.

Landed: July 6
Visited service Canada: July 7
Obtained SIN: July 7
Linked PR Card: July 6
Ghost update: July 11
Card approved and sent: July 30. It takes about 3 days to receive it in the mail.
Health card: not yet registered.
SIM card: Obtained on July 7. We were asked for our SIN in order to be on Koodd's prepaid plan.

All the best!!

Jul 12, 2021
Hi everyone, I am a newbie to posting here. I hear a lot of people talking about visa office (VO) how do I find out my visa office ?

FSW-O (country of residence pakistan, dubai)
AOR NOV-20
Medical DEC-20

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hi everyone, I am a newbie to posting here. I hear a lot of people talking about visa office (VO) how do I find out my visa office ?

FSW-O (country of residence pakistan, dubai)
AOR NOV-20
Medical DEC-20
Most probably its London VO for you. Send a webform and ask about your status updates and which Visa office is processing your application.

bluemotion

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Could someone be kind enough and just tell me in short which month/year applicants are getting processed other than CEC!

just talking about FSW

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
Could someone be kind enough and just tell me in short which month/year applicants are getting processed other than CEC!

just talking about FSW
It's still quite random and LVO dependent but mostly late 2019 and early 2020 applications from what I've noticed.

Edit: All FSW applications are apparently being processed, just not being finalised. That's the official statement anyway. Gcms notes from a lot of the members on here prove that's not the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluemotion