+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

VOBIEGBU

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Yes, background verification here refers to eligibility, which has not started yet.
What about my response about background verifications currently valid and same webform says eligibility requirement yet to be started by VO how do you then interpret it?? Am expecting my gcms soon

VOBIEGBU

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
What about my response about background verifications currently valid and same webform says eligibility requirement yet to be started by VO how do you then interpret it?? Am expecting my gcms soon
Kindly interpret pls, webform says background verifications currently valid yet eligibility requirement yet to be initiated by VO?

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
Hi everyone

FSW-O
AOR November 2020

I was hoping to get some help with interpreting the response I received to a webform.

I submitted a webform in June 2021, enquiring specifically about the status of my edibility and security stages.

This is the response I received (19/06/2021):

Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications have not been initiated.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
My question is: is the background verification referred to above the same as "eligibility"? Or did they just not address my request regarding specifically eligibility?

Any help will be much appreciated!
I think they didn't address the question re eligibility. It may or may not have been passed by now.

Check legalfalcon's post here re BGC:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2019-aor-join-here.666708/post-8515404

Reactions: cjeannep

CanWish

Jul 6, 2021
Hi everyone

FSW-O
AOR November 2020

I was hoping to get some help with interpreting the response I received to a webform.

I submitted a webform in June 2021, enquiring specifically about the status of my edibility and security stages.

This is the response I received (19/06/2021):

Furthermore, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications have not been initiated.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
My question is: is the background verification referred to above the same as "eligibility"? Or did they just not address my request regarding specifically eligibility?

Any help will be much appreciated!
Hi there!
What does your Background Check status say in your GC Key account? Is it 'Your application is in progress, we will message you once we start your background check' OR is it 'We are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information'?

Reactions: cjeannep

cjeannep

Jul 8, 2021
I think they didn't address the question re eligibility. It may or may not have been passed by now.

Check legalfalcon's post here re BGC:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2019-aor-join-here.666708/post-8515404
That's what I thought. Initially I equated background check to eligibility, but after looking at it again today, I thought perhaps they overlooked the eligibility part of my question :) I did order GCMS notes at the end of June and when I receive them I'll share the summary. Thank you so much!

Reactions: îleless

cjeannep

Jul 8, 2021
Hi there!
What does your Background Check status say in your GC Key account? Is it 'Your application is in progress, we will message you once we start your background check' OR is it 'We are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information'?
My husband normally checks for me - I'll ask him to check when he gets back from work. Last night it showed the same as it has been since January - I think it's been stuck at "in progress" this year :)

Reactions: CanWish

JRD0218

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
I got 60 days extension.
Does anyone have any clear idea about IRCC processing time of gcms ?
I have heard that they will have to provide gcms within 30 days. Extension of deadline is not allowed.
Is it true ?

cjeannep

Jul 8, 2021
Hi there!
:)Okay - on the GC Key account Background Check, it says: "We are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information" - this is the message that has been there since the beginning :oops:

JRD0218

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
:)Okay - on the GC Key account Background Check, it says: "We are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information" - this is the message that has been there since the beginning :oops:
I guess for almost everyone, that statement has remained constant.

Reactions: walnorez