+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

crzyvin

Jan 5, 2021
I have applied to Express Entry in FSW-Inland (November AOR), on a visitor visa got an open work permit based on a spouse work permit,
valid till December 2021.
The question is can I travel to India and come back after 3 months?
Can anyone address this question...
thanks in advance...

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Just received a webform response today :
· Your application was received via your account on November 20, 2020.

· Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.

I called on the 25th Jan, eligibility was passed then and my file was still in Sydney, NS. my guess is that it moved just after that to Ottawa.
@legalfalcon Can you please explain what is the meaning of this : "The background verifications are currently valid." ? I thought it was criminality but they wrote that criminal background verification has not been initiated yet.
Can you please tell me when did you fill the webform?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Please advice @legalfalcon
I have applied via pnp inland but have completed one year of canadian experience after submitting AOR . Will I be considered as pnp or cec applicant?
As on the date when you submitted the application, that is what is considered. Subsequent developments after an application is submitted do not matter as the application is locked when it is submitted.

Annixx

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
YEs, very normal. The GCMS notes have to be released within 30 days, however, when an agency is unable to meet this deadline, and needs additional time, due to consultations or volume of documents, it can seek an extension in accordance with section 9.

Unlike IRCC, where extensions are usually for 60 or 90 days, CBSA extensions are limited to 30 or 60 days.

Extension of time limits

• 9(1) The head of a government institution may extend the time limit set out in section 7 or subsection 8(1) in respect of a request under this Part for a reasonable period of time, having regard to the circumstances, if
    • (a) the request is for a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution,
    • (b) consultations are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit, or
    • (c) notice of the request is given pursuant to subsection 27(1)
  • by giving notice of the extension and, in the circumstances set out in paragraph (a) or (b), the length of the extension, to the person who made the request within thirty days after the request is received, which notice shall contain a statement that the person has a right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner about the extension.
i got 90 days extension from CBSA

kanwar144

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
The SIlly bar is back , and No Ghost updates , Nothing change on the status to in progress. All of them say we are processing .

kanwar144

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
And for oct nov AOR , the Medical Update and BIL request was an average 40-45 days , for Jan and Feb AORs, I saw some at 10 days and average at 15-20 days . all fsw Ouland i saw .that very fast for them .

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Just received a webform response today :
· Your application was received via your account on November 20, 2020.

· Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
· Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.

I called on the 25th Jan, eligibility was passed then and my file was still in Sydney, NS. my guess is that it moved just after that to Ottawa.
@legalfalcon Can you please explain what is the meaning of this : "The background verifications are currently valid." ? I thought it was criminality but they wrote that criminal background verification has not been initiated yet.

Background check is a generic term for criminality check, security screening and information sharing. If the web form response indicates valid it can usually be interpreted as passed/completed. Based on this web form response your Eligibility most likely has not been passed by an officer as yet and once it does Security will be initiated.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
I already wrote previously, for FSW-O almost nobody should consider their eligibility passed. We are all in the same boat, we just gave biometrics in January and since then at best - some managed to clear Criminality if the Information sharing (sharing fingerprints between US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand) was already verified. They can waste 1 month and more simply on reopening your file and finally checking that “wow, weeks ago we received an answer from US about your fingerprints in their database”.

I doubt they even checked the response from Information sharing considering there were no ghost updates for over a month.

And if you are lucky, by this time all your PCCs were checked, so this would end your Criminality check. If you are not lucky, they would question your PCCs for double checks by Seniors and that would delay things even more. You can only see that in GCMS, not by phone calls or webforms.

Only after Criminality is passed, they finally pass to Eligibility check. So, for most of us that wouldn’t happen earlier than in April-May or maybe even in the Summer at best (if EE would allow in general any FSW-O to pass in 2021).

After this is passed 1 more month is there for Security check - check in terrorists databases, which is done by third party company and lasts around 1 month.

So, I would suggest to stop calling IRCC and get generic responses, they don’t look past 1 page of your GCMS and that can be misleading. Just spend 15 CAD and get your notes to properly know what is going on.

Risingstar13

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Hello,
I see that CEC from past months are getting copr. Has anyone come across any inland PNPs getting approval or they are purely working on CEC as of now

Canada1991

Aug 28, 2018
Hello,
I see that CEC from past months are getting copr. Has anyone come across any inland PNPs getting approval or they are purely working on CEC as of now
I’m pnp inland too. My observation has been that they are moving the pnp files fast but the focus is still CEC as mentioned on the website.