+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
Same happened with me, AOR Nov 24. In Jan end agent told me that criminality passed and nothing else started. This week agent told that eligibility passed and nothing else started. I asked him that in jan I was told the opposite, he said this is what he can see and he don’t have any further detail. Any detail you got for this change?
No..its the same for me as well, I have ordered gcms to get a better insight. Do you know your VO?

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Is that really the case. I was told my eligibility was passed last month but security is not initiated yet. Am I missing something here?
I would suggest not to believe rushed agents answering on the phone. For example, I ordered GCMS in late December and 1 month later received them. The first pages say that Criminality is passed, but when you continue reading you reach the detailed description where it says BIO Passed, which just means that Biometrics were received and sent for the check to US, New Zealand and Australia. Then, in the Notes section the analyst mentions that he gives me a pass on 2 Police clearance certificates out of 3 and for last one leaves status as Review required.

So, if you would call them, they would probably just see the first page and tell you that you passed Criminality, but de facto that status isn’t complete. And later I saw a GU update in February, which changed my status on IRCC website to “We didn’t start yet your Criminality check....”

Just saying, as long as you are FSW-O, chances are high you are nowhere close to Eligibility or Criminality fully passed. Most of us only finished submitting the fingerprints one month ago and they still didn’t fully check them or the PCCs. When you submit fingerprints they send them to other friendly English speaking countries (mentioned above) and those send them back a reponse if they found your fingerprints in their criminal database. Even though they won’t find anything, they don’t review the results straight after receiving them (which takes 2-3 weeks). They rather put themselves a deadline in 1 month pr more on when to come back to checking their response. Then also you might face a situation where they don’t like your PCC, especially if it‘s a non-Western country issuing you one and which can’t be checked online.

It is logical for them to start checking Eligibility only after you passed Medicals and Criminality. Why waste time on your work background check if later on they’ll find out that you didn’t pass PCCs or medicals? So, whatever they tell you on the phone, believe logic. They’ll check Eligibility for FSW-O not earlier than after Criminality fully passed, which should happen maybe in February-March, so Eligibility check could happen in April-May at best. Then after you pass it, they send the request to check you in terrorist databases to some third-party agency and they wait for 1 month for their report back - that is last stage (Security check).

Reactions: zac0999

Adoul95

Dec 20, 2020
Hey, I called IRCC last week and my VO is Paris ? Is it a fast one ?
They also told me that my eligibility passed, is it a good sign ?
Thanks
AOR : 28th November
VMF and BIL : 7th January

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Thanks
Open Immitracker and check the VO stats. Last time someone knew that his VO is Paris and he received PPR was a guy from Egypt who applied in June and received PPR in October. Note that most people don’t know their VO and don’t report it on Immitracker.

Adoul95

Dec 20, 2020
Open Immitracker and check the VO stats. Last time someone knew that his VO is Paris and he received PPR was a guy from Egypt who applied in June and received PPR in October. Note that most people don’t know their VO and don’t report it on Immitracker.
Yeah I just checked and it really ranges from 160 days to 350 days. I'll hope to get the PPR soon. Thanks for your reply, sir !

Risingstar13

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
I would suggest not to believe rushed agents answering on the phone. For example, I ordered GCMS in late December and 1 month later received them. The first pages say that Criminality is passed, but when you continue reading you reach the detailed description where it says BIO Passed, which just means that Biometrics were received and sent for the check to US, New Zealand and Australia. Then, in the Notes section the analyst mentions that he gives me a pass on 2 Police clearance certificates out of 3 and for last one leaves status as Review required.

So, if you would call them, they would probably just see the first page and tell you that you passed Criminality, but de facto that status isn’t complete. And later I saw a GU update in February, which changed my status on IRCC website to “We didn’t start yet your Criminality check....”

Just saying, as long as you are FSW-O, chances are high you are nowhere close to Eligibility or Criminality fully passed. Most of us only finished submitting the fingerprints one month ago and they still didn’t fully check them or the PCCs. When you submit fingerprints they send them to other friendly English speaking countries (mentioned above) and those send them back a reponse if they found your fingerprints in their criminal database. Even though they won’t find anything, they don’t review the results straight after receiving them (which takes 2-3 weeks). They rather put themselves a deadline in 1 month pr more on when to come back to checking their response. Then also you might face a situation where they don’t like your PCC, especially if it‘s a non-Western country issuing you one and which can’t be checked online.

It is logical for them to start checking Eligibility only after you passed Medicals and Criminality. Why waste time on your work background check if later on they’ll find out that you didn’t pass PCCs or medicals? So, whatever they tell you on the phone, believe logic. They’ll check Eligibility for FSW-O not earlier than after Criminality fully passed, which should happen maybe in February-March, so Eligibility check could happen in April-May at best. Then after you pass it, they send the request to check you in terrorist databases to some third-party agency and they wait for 1 month for their report back - that is last stage (Security check).
Thank you for detailed explanation. May I know your AOR . I m pnp candidate

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020

Very informative. If that's the case, I am Nov AOR and my criminality was passed in December. But when I spoke with the agent end of January, the status has changed to "not started". Can your share your view on this pls?

Zino55

Feb 12, 2021
Thanks
I think that Paris VO is quite fast compared to ottawa, i saw some PPRs issued after 4/5 months.
Did you get any Ghost Update when your eligibility passed ?

Reactions: Chirusua

karam2233

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hi All,

Need your kind advice, please.
under the definition of immediate family members from the IRCC website:
  • parents or step-parents of the spouse or common-law partner.
I am the principal applicant and my wife's mother is a PR holder who currently lives in Canada. I have declared her when I submitted my PR application, so based on my understanding I am exempt from the travel restrictions. Is my understanding correct?

Furthermore, do I need to contact them via the webform to highlight this point or they will automatically take it into account when they process my application?

It is worth mentioning that I applied via SINP, so I am a PNP and my wife's mother lives in Ontario, not sure if this will affect this exemption negatively.