+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

karam2233

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hi All,

Need your kind advice, please.
under the definition of immediate family members from the IRCC website:
  • parents or step-parents of the spouse or common-law partner.
I am the principal applicant and my wife's mother is a PR holder who currently lives in Canada. I have declared her when I submitted my PR application, so based on my understanding I am exempt from the travel restrictions. Is my understanding correct?

Furthermore, do I need to contact them via the webform to highlight this point or they will automatically take it into account when they process my application?

It is worth mentioning that I applied via SINP, so I am a PNP and my wife's mother lives in Ontario, not sure if this will affect this exemption negatively.
@legalfalcon could you please advice, appreciate it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon could you please advice, appreciate it.
If you meet the travel exemptions, which your spouse does, as her mother is a PR in Canada, only your spouse will be exempt from travel restrictions.

Who is an immediate family member
An immediate family member is defined as a

For the processing of PR applications, immediate or extended family members is not a factor. The application will be processed on its own merits. Once you have a COPR, then your spouse can travel. However, if you are the PA, your spouse cannot land as a PR before the primary applicant does.

So your spouse will need a TRV to travel to Canada even if your spouse has a valid COPR, since your spouse cannot be admitted as a PR without the PR landing first. Since you as the PA, are not exempt from travel restrictions, you currently cannot travel, unless you have an authorisation to travel.

Reactions: karam2233

beyourownak

Jan 5, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
12-12-2020
Can Anyone login into their GCkey Account?? I am Having trouble since yesterday

Sahil318

Sep 12, 2020
Hello everyone

I see almost everyone talking about the GCMS Notes, i have no clue how to get that and what to do with it. It seems everyone here is so much knowledgeable about the process and related things. I would be obliged to seek some support from you guys:

1. How do i order my GCMS, is it a paid Service or Free?
2. In India, the VACs are not doing bio-metrics for PR applications yet, should i wait for it to open or go to a neighboring country?
3. I am a CEC-Outland applicant, do i still stand a chance to enter Canada in 2021, Looking at the conversations here, everything seems negative right now

Kindly provide your valuable inputs.
@legalfalcon

Thanks
SB

fc123

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Hello everyone

I see almost everyone talking about the GCMS Notes, i have no clue how to get that and what to do with it. It seems everyone here is so much knowledgeable about the process and related things. I would be obliged to seek some support from you guys:

1. How do i order my GCMS, is it a paid Service or Free?
2. In India, the VACs are not doing bio-metrics for PR applications yet, should i wait for it to open or go to a neighboring country?
3. I am a CEC-Outland applicant, do i still stand a chance to enter Canada in 2021, Looking at the conversations here, everything seems negative right now

Kindly provide your valuable inputs.
@legalfalcon

Thanks
SB

Hello, I cannot comment on biometrics but
1. If you are outside Canada you will need to use a third party company based in Canada to request GCMS notes on your behalf - there are a few companies that offer this service and they all charge approximately 10-15 USD for this service. I have personally used caipsnotes.com and it has been easy but there are other providers also. You will have the choice to request notes from IRCC or CBSA - they are the same notes but CBSA is processing significantly faster and with fewer delays at the moment. They are supposed to issue either your notes or a extension (saying they will take longer) within 30 days but it can take longer than this.

3. You cannot rule out your application getting processed this year, and you need to stay positive :) The reason some people are negative at the moment is that IRCC have just invited 27,000 more CEC applications and have stated clearly that CEC Inland are prioritised, so people are assuming these will "jump the queue" in terms of processing, to allow IRCC to get closer to immigration quotas quickly, and other streams or outland candidates who have already applied might experience further delays. No-one knows for sure and it all depends on what happens with COVID and border restrictions.

Reactions: Kriff

ravla

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
It seems FSW applicants won't land as PR in canada in 2021 as their applications won't be processed due to the priority given to CEC applicants.

The wait will get even treacherous for FSW as IRCC was no clear timeliness for them
That is unrealistically pessimistic

Gabyor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Just logged in my account and saw a ghost update followed by a gateway error. Does it mean the ghost update is just a glitch? Can anyone check their profile?