+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hellooo,

Good news for FSW from india.

Canadian gov has stated that soon they are going to resume biometric services in India for PR and other catagories.
Though the priority will remain for students, still it's a good news.

Checkout the link below for exact wordings.

Good news, hope it is by end of this month like someone mentioned a few days back.

Reactions: JRD0218

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
I'll call them in a few days too! My AOR is 4th Nov. MEP was 14th Dec & biometrics was 5th Jan. This pace seems really promising.
Ok so an update. I got RPRF request. Furthermore, I think my BG check status has also changed in the portal. It now says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check ". Earlier it used to be something like "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

Does this mean I have passed eligibility?

Reactions: SlimShady123

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Since my AOR is Nov 6, I was hoping that either Eligibility or Criminality would be passed by now :(
We are all eager to see progress in such an important project, but we should not forget that in its 2019 report, IRCC acknowledged that it took them in average 8 months to finalize 80% of all applications (60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard). That was before COVID-19.

So, to avoid unnecessary frustration, stress, etc., I guess we would be wise to stick with that 8 months time frame and forget about "progress bar" and the "16 weeks remaining" that was displayed before it disappeared.

Reactions: JRD0218

SlimShady123

Aug 6, 2018
Ok so an update. I got RPRF request. Furthermore, I think my BG check status has also changed in the portal. It now says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check ". Earlier it used to be something like "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

Does this mean I have passed eligibility?
This is fantastic. You should call to confirm. However, this is certainly IP2.

Reactions: muspal

Parneettoor007

Jan 8, 2021
Got a ghost update today..
Aor 6th nov 2020
Medical passed 15th dec 2020
Biometrics done 16th dec 2020
1st ghost update 16th dec 2020
Then my background shows we are processing your background check. We will send you a messgae if we need more information.
This might be 2nd ghost update
Today opened my cic account and saw application updated
Might be third ghost update
Any idea guys?

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Aor 6th nov 2020
Then my background shows we are processing your background check. We will send you a messgae if we need more information.
Any idea guys?
How to see if I had a ghost update? Do you receive an email or any time stamp you're referring in the application ?

jazz1992kaur

Jan 15, 2021
Aor 6th nov 2020
Any idea guys?
Thank you for the info.

I submitted my biometrics on Dec 31st but it still shows that action required on my file. did this happen with your application as well when you submitted your biometrics? i am just concerned if its normal pattern or just me. Thanks :)

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Hi. what exactly is RPRF request? Is the fees we pay while submitting application?
You have to pay two main fees for the application. Ones the processing fee ($800), and the other is Right of Permanent Residence Fee ($500). This can be paid at the start of the application, or it can be paid at a later stage when IRCC requests you to pay it. Generally they request you to pay the RPRF only once they've cleared your eligibility. Or at least that's what i'm hoping.