17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have a question for you.
I saw your post online where there was this article saying that the back log has increased by 60%
Now my question is that
Can IRCC decide to Cancel all the back logged applications and go to default zero?
Your insight on this would be very useful.
Thank You
In 2012 due to Bill C-38, which was later known as Canada’s Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act IRCC cancelled all pending immigration applications. IRCC was facing a lot of issues. IRPA was amended and section 87.3 was introduced, which gave the power to the Immigration Minister to issue Ministerial Instructions (MI) to streamline the process and fix quotas.

In 2008, over 600,000 applicants were awaiting processing and the number continued. However, Act created section 87.4 of the IPRA, a provision which had the effect of unilaterally terminating all FSW applications submitted before 27 February 2008 which had not received a decision based on selection criteria before 29 March 2012. This amounted to a total of approximately 280,000 applicants whose applications were cancelled.

However, we are currently nowhere close, and the power of the ministerial instructions is in place with the Immigration Minister, who uses it for all draws and can also exercise them to streamline the process. Also, most of the pending applications have already been processed and only a final decision is pending.

A repeat of 2012 is highly unlikely.

proudfrog

Oct 6, 2020
In 2012 due to Bill C-38, which was later known as Canada’s Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act IRCC cancelled all pending immigration applications. IRCC was facing a lot of issues. IRPA was amended and section 87.3 was introduced, which gave the power to the Immigration Minister to issue Ministerial Instructions (MI) to streamline the process and fix quotas.

In 2008, over 600,000 applicants were awaiting processing and the number continued. However, Act created section 87.4 of the IPRA, a provision which had the effect of unilaterally terminating all FSW applications submitted before 27 February 2008 which had not received a decision based on selection criteria before 29 March 2012. This amounted to a total of approximately 280,000 applicants whose applications were cancelled.

However, we are currently nowhere close, and the power of the ministerial instructions is in place with the Immigration Minister, who uses it for all draws and can also exercise them to streamline the process. Also, most of the pending applications have already been processed and only a final decision is pending.

SUPERB INSIGHTS!!!

Odeku55

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
App. Filed.......
05-11-2020
AOR Received.
05-11-2020
Med's Done....
11-12-2020
AOR 19th November - CEC Outland

Stages:
Medicals: Passed
Eligibility: In progress
Background check: In progress
Security: Not started
Biometrics - Completed as of January 2021
VO - Ottawa

Hi everyone. I just got off the phone with an agent and her tone makes me think something’s not right with my application. I was worried I used the wrong NOC 1311 instead of 1431. However, my tasks and duties were more senior than a 1431 role. She said it was “still open” which is what all the agents have said. When she mentioned eligibility she made an ughh sound so maybe I’m overthinking or maybe there’s something in my notes that suggests it’s not passed. I was told it was in review required a few months ago.

I’ve ordered gcms notes so I’m patiently waiting for them. It would be absolutely heartbreaking to have spent so much money, time and energy to have my application [redacted] at this stage. I can’t even type it lol… positive vibes only!

Anyone in the same predicament?
Thanks!
Had similar experience, when my eligibility was review required, I immediately ordered gcms notes and found out where the issue was and corrected it immediately. I found out that job duties were missing on one of my reference letters, I quickly demanded a new one and sent it through Welford with a LOE. Just wait for your gcms notes.

Reactions: Pewdipurple

beyourownak

Jan 5, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
12-12-2020

Thank you for the insight.
Its both scary and reassuring at the same time.
Scary because it has happened before, So there is nothing stopping them from doing it again.
Reassuring because the numbers were almost double as of right now.
Lets just hope IRCC gets its shit together, and work this out

Last edited:

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Another thing that i think I read somewhere is that those were paper based applications that were in VOs around the world. So naturally those will be very difficult to handle. And they cancelled applications that were 4 years or more old at that time.

callebe

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
It makes me so sad that International Students can enter almost freely, many people being approved and Outland FSW applicants don't even have feedback about anything

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
It makes me so sad that International Students can enter almost freely, many people being approved and Outland FSW applicants don't even have feedback about anything
Well think about how much money all these studying will be dropping to the economy.. anywhere from 15kmin to 100k per year. These apps are also much easier to process, and even then some are taking 4-5 months

RAOSAHAB

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Hey All,

I submitted my express entry application on 2020 17th November, On 23rd June 2021 I got a request to submit RCMP Background Check - Fingerprint-based, very next day I submitted it but since then I have received any update from RCMP. I have tried to reach out to them multiple times over the email but they didn't respond to my emails.

usually, it takes one to two weeks but it has been more than 6 weeks for me now. Any suggestion or information on this will be appreciated.

regards
Bhupinder

amairena95

Apr 19, 2017
Hey All,

I submitted my express entry application on 2020 17th November, On 23rd June 2021 I got a request to submit RCMP Background Check - Fingerprint-based, very next day I submitted it but since then I have received any update from RCMP. I have tried to reach out to them multiple times over the email but they didn't respond to my emails.

usually, it takes one to two weeks but it has been more than 6 weeks for me now. Any suggestion or information on this will be appreciated.

regards
Bhupinder
check this thread, is taking up to two months these days: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rcmp-criminal-record-check.695949/page-35

JRD0218

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Sorry! Not on Facebook. Could you please let us know what the post says? Cheers!
More details coming though with regards to the Canadian Visa office in India operating with skeleton staff, and further, only 40 out of 61 IRCC offices worldwide are only delivering critical services.

Unbelievable, that only IRCC offices are unable to return back to work when most businesses around the world have by now figured a way to work around covid.

By kubai kamal
Idk how to post images here

CanWish

Jul 6, 2021
More details coming though with regards to the Canadian Visa office in India operating with skeleton staff, and further, only 40 out of 61 IRCC offices worldwide are only delivering critical services.

Unbelievable, that only IRCC offices are unable to return back to work when most businesses around the world have by now figured a way to work around covid.

By kubai kamal
Idk how to post images here
Thanks mate!

CanWish

Jul 6, 2021
@legalfalcon As most PCCs are valid for 6 months, is it a good idea to apply for them again even before IRCC has asked for them? Or is it better to wait for their request?
I've seen quite a few people getting ADRs for PCCs as their applications have approached a year of processing time.