+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

KashMan04

Aug 27, 2019
In my personal opinion, I would strongly advise against travelling until you've at least received the COPR.

Here are 5 reasons as to why you shouldn't be travelling until at least 60% of the population is vaccinated:
1. You may well be fully vaccinated but others around you are not, and you can still act as a transmitting vector. Don't be selfish, don't be a potential cause for an innocent person(s)'s death.
2. You will still be subjected to mandatory quarantines set by each country; however, I'm assuming, if money and time aren't an issue for you, then this also shouldn't be an issue.
3. If you were not able to return to Canada for any reasons and your application was approved while you are abroad, your application may well be considered abandoned. It happened to some people who were stuck with CEC-inland applications abroad at the beginning of the pandemic and they were forced to reapply with a CEC-outland application.
4. After having done quite an extensive research on the topic myself, I feel nobody really knows how IRCC will handle your application. Some people managed to get their COPR just fine, while others had to reapply, but the general consensus is to stay until you at least get the COPR.
5. Lack of structure in the system of IRCC, and lack of direct, clear, and timely communication with anyone inside who's directly in charge of your application will result in many, many bureaucratic headaches down the road if you were to run into any issues. If you're built to deal with unnecessary stress and headaches, then this shouldn't be an issue.

However, nothing is impossible in life if you set your mind to it, so this is entirely up to you.
Thank you very much for your response. I understand your points very well. I will use the information you gave me to make the best decision.

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Ultimate update:

Received the email for the PR confirmation portal!!

@legalfalcon, it is finally time I would like to ask for your advise, and I only have 1 question if you could be so kind!

Will I be able to use the picture taken about 7 months ago that I submitted with the EE application itself, or will I need to drop by at my local barber to get a new fade and snap a new one to reply to this delightful email?

Cheers, brothers and sisters!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Had another call with the agent named Pascal, she/he was super cool and provided all the details I requested for.
Eligibility - Conclusively Passed (recommended pass on April 30th, it was passed when I called last time around 2nd week of may)
Criminality - Passed
Info Sharing - Complete
Security - Not Started
Medicals - Passed
BGC - We are Processing
AOR - 24th Nov
Stream - CEC Inland (No dependents)
my details are in signature

@legalfalcon the agent told me my physical file is in Ottawa but Sydney, Nova Scotia office is helping to process the file. What does this mean?

When I checked my GCMS notes last time my secondary office was Edmonton
When you see your GCMS notes on page 1, you will have a primary officer and secondary office. All files will have one. The Primary office is where your file is and is responsible for the file, but for streamlining the processing the files can be sent to multiple secondary offices. On page 3, the list of all secondary offices and when the files moved there is listed.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ultimate update:

Received the email for the PR confirmation portal!!

@legalfalcon, it is finally time I would like to ask for your advise, and I only have 1 question if you could be so kind!

Will I be able to use the picture taken about 7 months ago that I submitted with the EE application itself, or will I need to drop by at my local barber to get a new fade and snap a new one to reply to this delightful email?

Cheers, brothers and sisters!
IRCC says that the pics should not be less than 6 months old. So you can sneak in the one you have, as long a you don't look drastically different now

Reactions: mapple007

Tumak

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Hi there,

Sharing my timeline with you guys:

FSW-inland - AOR November 6th 2020
  • Eligibility: Passed
  • Criminality: in process
  • Security: not started
  • VO: Ottawa
Super nice agent who said my file was considered inland and should be finalized in the next few months. Not on hold.

No way to have a more precise lead time. Any feedback?

Cheers.

Reactions: baryonix

N95

Feb 3, 2021
Hey all,
I'm FSW-O, AOR is November 28, 2020 (almost 6 months).
I haven't received any GU since I submitted my application, do you think that my eligibility could be passed by this time? When is the best time to order the GCMS notes?
@legalfalcon

samnep

Oct 14, 2020
AOR Received.
19-11-2020
Hey all,
I haven't received any GU since I submitted my application, do you think that my eligibility could be passed by this time? When is the best time to order the GCMS notes?
@legalfalcon
You can order the GCMS now.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey all,
@legalfalcon

Not all applicants get GU. Some may get 3-7. It differs from application to application.

When to order GCMS notes?

The GCMS refer to the programmed called Global Case Management System (GCMS) used by IRCC that holds the entire processing record of your application, including the the notes pertaining to eligibility by an officer evaluating your file.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

R10 or the completeness check is the first stage of the processing, wherein it is verified that your application is complete and all documents are submitted. Filing a complete application is the responsibility of the application, and if a document is missing, a reason and an exemption request should be filed.

If an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. R10 usually happens within 30-45 days of filing your application, around the time when medicals are passed. The exact date will be available in your GCMS notes.

There is no point requesting GCMS notes at this stage, since if your application is incomplete, it will be rejected anyway, and for the medicals, the MyCIC account does inform you of when your meds are passed.

GCMS notes become important only for the eligibility stage, which does not start until 2-4 months (Due to COVID even longer). Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First a case assistant or an analyst will review and make a recommendation. This is then reviewed by an officer who makes the final decision on the eligibility. Since each document you submitted has to be reviewed twice, this is the most time consuming stage.

Only for this stage are the GCMS notes relevant.

While GCMS is a great tool, use it sparingly and only after 3-4 months have expired.

To read on stages, see https://bit.ly/3rYRYbT
Security: https://bit.ly/3apWglN
PNP: https://bit.ly/3sRhC3r

Erandu

May 14, 2021
@legalfalcon can you help about my decision making. My aor is Nov 17 2020 under Pnp express entry last time I called from ircc its all passed especially the eligibility and criminality only the security is not yet initiated. So my concern is its gonna turning 6 month's next week.I apply and got approved the BOWP. Do you think I can quit my job? It is safe to get other job since I'm open work permit. Do you think it's not gonna affect my application? I need your expertise advice I dont wanna take a risk since I've been waiting this P.r.
Pls send me the ☎ number .

apollonoob

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
my AOR is 16.Nov
nothing has changed since this January
Hey all,
@legalfalcon

bahmed.1993

Aug 18, 2020
Hey all,
@legalfalcon
AOR- 17 Nov 2020, MED-22 DEC 2020, Biometric submitted - 24 DEC 2020
I received my notes last month. To the best of my knowledge, FSW-O applications are on-hold since Jan/Feb 2021 (due to COVID) and that means Nov 2020 AORs have no chance or near to zero of eligibility been passed, even OCT 2020 AORs have eligibility pending or even not started in some cases. It's a wait game. Moreover, I think application processing will be resumed after vaccination - hopefully in June/July.