+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

DoesCanada

Nov 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi Folks,

Congrats to everyone waiting for biometric appointment in VFS Delhi.

I Scheduled an appointment, but Application number is Same for both Myself & My Spouse.
Neither the Webform is allowing us to put same Application number for request of 2 people
Nor are they allowing us to schedule another biometric request for my spouse with same Application Number.

If anyone knows that how to proceed with this please suggest!.

I Have scheduled one for myself and got the reference Number, not able to do so for my spouse.

Please suggest.

JassMinni

Nov 23, 2020
Hello everyone, i do not use my last name, but while filling the form for biometrics appointment, they are asking for the last name. What should i do ?

baryonix

May 21, 2019
My timeline:

FSW-Inland

ITA: 5 Nov, 2020
AOR: 17 Nov, 2020
MEP: 22 Dec, 2020
ADR for PCC: 22 Dec, 2020
Document successfully received on their end: Jan 19, 2021

Called IRCC on Feb 10 to check and found that: Eligibility passed, Criminality in progress, Security not started

Just got a response from WebForm today (Feb 24), I raised it on Jan 29, 2021 :
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We verified the information on file and can confirm that your application is currently at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, for processing.

In addition, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility assessment is currently valid.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.

So I guess my application has been moved from CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia to CPC-Ottawa now.
I'm not sure what Background verifications valid means though because both Security and Criminality have not been completed

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Has anyone from November passed their eligibility assessment? At the top of this thread I saw a note from legelfcon that the eligibility stays in progress right through up until COPR - any comments?

esc

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
Just got a response from WebForm today (Feb 24), I raised it on Jan 29, 2021 :
We verified the information on file and can confirm that your application is currently at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario, for processing.

In addition, we verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility assessment is currently valid.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is in process.

So I guess my application has been moved from CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia to CPC-Ottawa now.
I'm not sure what Background verifications valid means though because both Security and Criminality have not been completed
Would you mind to share here the message you sent through webform in order to receive this response?

Tumak

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Hi there,

My timeline:

FSW-Inland

ITA: 14 Oct, 2020
AOR: 6 Nov, 2020
MEP: 14 Dec, 2020

Progress bar was showing an ETA on the 6th of May, 2021. But since the last huge 27k+ CEC draw, the progress bar disappeared.

I have seen that some of you guys were requesting to get the progress details of your application.
Do you do that through the contact form?
Isn’t it too early to ask for details?

Thanks all and best of luck.

POLEPALLE1704

Star Member
Dec 8, 2020
Hi there,

My timeline:

FSW-Inland

ITA: 14 Oct, 2020
AOR: 6 Nov, 2020
MEP: 14 Dec, 2020

Progress bar was showing an ETA on the 6th of May, 2021. But since the last huge 27k+ CEC draw, the progress bar disappeared.

I have seen that some of you guys were requesting to get the progress details of your application.
Do you do that through the contact form?
Isn’t it too early to ask for details?

Thanks all and best of luck.
Progress bar is just indication of the time that has burned out since we submitted the application and it do not reflect the exact progress of the application. So no worries.
In my case, the progress bar disappeared even before Feb 12th draw.

Given the updates of the AORs in October, we can wait for a while before ordering GCMS notes if you are okay to wait.

Sahil318

Sep 12, 2020
Hi Star members & experts

I have a situation and your expert advice, @legalfalcon need your assistance as well.

Today I submitted my biometrics finally, but now we have a change in situation,

1. My current organization is going through a merger and we would be provided with a transfer letter to update the employment details as employee. Now do i need to update this to IRCC in my profile since the employment reference mentions the old organization name i.e. before the merger

2. My employer has agreed to transfer me to Canada as a part of ICT (Intra Company transfer) work permit program and they have initiated the process, i have worked for them in Canada earlier as well during 2018-2019, but what if I get the Work Visa before the COPR, how does this impact my PR process??

I mean, it would be good since Work Permit holders are allowed to travel to Canada where as COPR after 18-Mar-2020 still do not have authorization to enter Canada, but does it hamper my PR process since i started as an outland candidate.

Thanks in advance all you Expert and Star members, kindly enlighten with the possible outcomes
@legalfalcon.

Thanks
Sahil B

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Star members & experts

I have a situation and your expert advice, @legalfalcon need your assistance as well.

Today I submitted my biometrics finally, but now we have a change in situation,

1. My current organization is going through a merger and we would be provided with a transfer letter to update the employment details as employee. Now do i need to update this to IRCC in my profile since the employment reference mentions the old organization name i.e. before the merger

2. My employer has agreed to transfer me to Canada as a part of ICT (Intra Company transfer) work permit program and they have initiated the process, i have worked for them in Canada earlier as well during 2018-2019, but what if I get the Work Visa before the COPR, how does this impact my PR process??

I mean, it would be good since Work Permit holders are allowed to travel to Canada where as COPR after 18-Mar-2020 still do not have authorization to enter Canada, but does it hamper my PR process since i started as an outland candidate.

Thanks in advance all you Expert and Star members, kindly enlighten with the possible outcomes
@legalfalcon.

Thanks
Sahil B
1. If you re still a part of the same organisation, you do not have to inform IRCC. The day you submit your application, your application is locked and any changes after that do not matter. However, if you claimed points for your current job, and you no longer work there, or a corporate structuring has happened, due to which the name of the employer has changed, then in that case you should inform IRCC, but there is no need to submit work reference letters etc.

Reactions: Sahil318

HezekiahVelle

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
India
Nomination.....
OINP PNP
AOR Received.
21-11-2020
@legalfalcon Could you please help me on below query.
1. I worked in ABC company for 3 years
2. Then for DEF company for 4 years and here my last date would be in march.
3. Now I am moving to a new company XYZ, so do I need to again let IRCC know about this as well?

For previous 2 organization, I have already submitted the doc and as per our CRS tool points are calculated for '3 or more years' and anything additional experience does not give any point. So do I need to give any kind of information to IRCC that I am leaving DEF and join XYZ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Could you please help me on below query.
1. I worked in ABC company for 3 years
2. Then for DEF company for 4 years and here my last date would be in march.
3. Now I am moving to a new company XYZ, so do I need to again let IRCC know about this as well?

For previous 2 organization, I have already submitted the doc and as per our CRS tool points are calculated for '3 or more years' and anything additional experience does not give any point. So do I need to give any kind of information to IRCC that I am leaving DEF and join XYZ?
If you claimed points for a work experience, and you no longer work then, you have to inform IRCC, but you do not need to submit any documents as the day application is filed it is locked and any changes post submission do not matter.

Reactions: HezekiahVelle

Sahil318

Sep 12, 2020
1. If you re still a part of the same organisation, you do not have to inform IRCC. The day you submit your application, your application is locked and any changes after that do not matter. However, if you claimed points for your current job, and you no longer work there, or a corporate structuring has happened, due to which the name of the employer has changed, then in that case you should inform IRCC, but there is no need to submit work reference letters etc.
Hi @legalfalcon , thanks for the information, so in my case the name of the organization is changing as an impact of the merger, so how do I update the IRCC about it.

Also, it would be helpful if you could provide some knowledge on my pt.2

"

I mean, it would be good since Work Permit holders are allowed to travel to Canada where as COPR after 18-Mar-2020 still do not have authorization to enter Canada, but does it hamper my PR process since i started as an outland candidate. "

Thanks in advance for your support.

Sahil B

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , thanks for the information, so in my case the name of the organization is changing as an impact of the merger, so how do I update the IRCC about it.

Also, it would be helpful if you could provide some knowledge on my pt.2

"

I mean, it would be good since Work Permit holders are allowed to travel to Canada where as COPR after 18-Mar-2020 still do not have authorization to enter Canada, but does it hamper my PR process since i started as an outland candidate. "

Thanks in advance for your support.

Sahil B

If the name is changed, send a webform and inform IRCC of it. Although there is no requirement of any documents, but if the contact information, website has also changed, a revised work reference letter on a new letter head would be helpful.

Each application, i.e. PR and ITC or any other TRV is processed on its own merits. They have no bearing on each other. Only if your PR is approved, then the pending TRVs will be cancelled since as a PR, you do not need a visa to work.

Also as per subsection 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act dual intent is allowed

Dual intent

(2) An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html