+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

bluemotion

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hi folks! Hope everyone is in good or better spirits this year! My girlfriend and I have submitted individual applications and recently submitted our biometrics too. My question is, how will us two getting married affect the case processing ?

Do we need to add one of us as dependent and then continue the process?
Do we wait for both of us to get a PR and then get married and inform IRCC?

We wanted to choose the best possible route which won't hamper processing times or without additional documents requirement

Hoping for some guidance here!

Thanks in advance

JRD0218

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Hi folks! Hope everyone is in good or better spirits this year! My girlfriend and I have submitted individual applications and recently submitted our biometrics too. My question is, how will us two getting married affect the case processing ?

Do we need to add one of us as dependent and then continue the process?
Do we wait for both of us to get a PR and then get married and inform IRCC?

We wanted to choose the best possible route which won't hamper processing times or without additional documents requirement

Hoping for some guidance here!

Thanks in advance
I guess 2nd option is more feasible as both of you can not become primary applicant.

And yes, you have to inform IRCC if there are any changes .

Also, the fees you have paid individually will be wasted as you may have to apply again.

bluemotion

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
I guess 2nd option is more feasible as both of you can not become primary applicant.

And yes, you have to inform IRCC if there are any changes .

Also, the fees you have paid individually will be wasted as you may have to apply again.
Why would we have to apply again ? Could you please help clarify that bit for me ?

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Just sharing my timeline so far:
ITA: First week of September
AOR: Nov 21
Medical Passed: Jan 7, 2021
Biometrics not required as the old ones are still valid (Did biometrics a year before for a TRV)
Eligibility check in progress
Background check hasn't started yet.

How long does it take for Eligibility check?
Also, if something was missing in my application they would have returned the application by now correct?

Everyone's help and guidance will be much appreciated. I also wish everyone on here a lot of luck and I hope we all cross the finish line soon :)

JRD0218

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
Just sharing my timeline so far:
ITA: First week of September
AOR: Nov 21
Medical Passed: Jan 7, 2021
Biometrics not required as the old ones are still valid (Did biometrics a year before for a TRV)
Eligibility check in progress
Background check hasn't started yet.

How long does it take for Eligibility check?
Also, if something was missing in my application they would have returned the application by now correct?

Everyone's help and guidance will be much appreciated. I also wish everyone on here a lot of luck and I hope we all cross the finish line soon :)
Wishing the same for all of us.
Have you received RPRF or you paid at the time of submission?.
Usually, when you receive RPRF with out any queries, that means they don't need any documents or in other words, documents you have provided are sufficient to proceed further.
In my case I got RPRF letter along with a query.

Nkhalidvmc

Star Member
Feb 24, 2021
Wishing the same for all of us.
Have you received RPRF or you paid at the time of submission?.
Usually, when you receive RPRF with out any queries, that means they don't need any documents or in other words, documents you have provided are sufficient to proceed further.
In my case I got RPRF letter along with a query.

I paid RPRF at the time of submission.