+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

CassandraM

May 28, 2019
Is it weird that when I log in to check the status of my application it says only "application received" even though they have requested the medical (we have also submitted everything else required) and confirmed that they have received it January 2020? Shouldn't it say "in process"?

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Is it weird that when I log in to check the status of my application it says only "application received" even though they have requested the medical (we have also submitted everything else required) and confirmed that they have received it January 2020? Shouldn't it say "in process"?
Did you receive SA?

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
I assume that means sponsorship approval. Sorry my understanding of the abbreviations here is limited. Yes I have been approved.
Did you get a letter regarding your file being transferred to a secondary office?

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
The email says it was forwarded there. I never got an email about it being received there.
Now I understand. So your status Application Received means that the Mississauga VO successfully received your file but hasn’t opened it yet. Once they open it your status’ll switch back to In process. And you’ll probably (not everyone gets this letter) get a letter from Mississauga stating that they received it = AOR2.

CassandraM

May 28, 2019
Now I understand. So your status Application Received means that the Mississauga VO successfully received your file but hasn’t opened it yet. Once they open it your status’ll switch back to In process. And you’ll probably (not everyone gets this letter) get a letter from Mississauga stating that they received it = AOR2.
Is this the long part of the wait? Just trying to get a clue about the situation. I appreciate your responses so much.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Not that it makes any difference, but AOR=Acknowledgement of Receipt
So why would it not be AOR2 when the VO "successfully received your file" (whether it opened it or not is of no consequence)

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Is this the long part of the wait? Just trying to get a clue about the situation. I appreciate your responses so much.
Before Covid it was much faster. Now no one can say how much time it will take. I’m not even sure Mississauga employees got back to work. It’s not my secondary office so I know almost nothing.

CassandraM

May 28, 2019
Before Covid it was much faster. Now no one can say how much time it will take. I’m not even sure Mississauga employees got back to work. It’s not my secondary office so I know almost nothing.
Yeah, I understand covid has definitely caused delay for all. Heartbreaking stuff. Thank you for your input.

Reactions: passenger19

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Not that it makes any difference, but AOR=Acknowledgement of Receipt
So why would it not be AOR2 when the VO "successfully received your file" (whether it opened it or not is of no consequence)
It’s the same procedure with AOR1. They don’t send them when they just received your file. You get first AOR when they opened the file.