Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Bogota, Colombia VO
Garth,

Any more changes? Did anything for your status change when you got your pre-arrival letter? I read that this is sign of the eligibility being approved but no change to the eligibility line in GCkey.

I don't want to take any wind from your sails but my research also shows that some 'ghost updates' shows 'decision made' and it was derived from the sponsor decision made being pushed out. Please investigate that so you're not waiting for the next steps from a glitch in the system. Not of my status on ECAS or GCKey changed.

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Garth,

Any more changes? Did anything for your status change when you got your pre-arrival letter? I read that this is sign of the eligibility being approved but no change to the eligibility line in GCkey.

I don't want to take any wind from your sails but my research also shows that some 'ghost updates' shows 'decision made' and it was derived from the sponsor decision made being pushed out. Please investigate that so you're not waiting for the next steps from a glitch in the system. Not of my status on ECAS or GCKey changed.
Hey John, my sponsor approval came back in December, and the DM on the sponsor side on ECAS showed up there right away, and the prearrival letter came pretty much at the same time as the medical request back in March. I’m hoping to hear something soon, but I guess we will see. I’ll just continue to check daily and hope for the best. I’ll let you know if I hear anything further (from what I’ve read the letter should come in the few weeks following the DM, so I’m not holding my breath for anything too soon, especially
given the world we are in....I just pray they open up the airports in Colombia to international
travel Sept 1 as previously planned

Reactions: JohnnyToronto

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Hey John, my sponsor approval came back in December, and the DM on the sponsor side on ECAS showed up there right away, and the prearrival letter came pretty much at the same time as the medical request back in March. I’m hoping to hear something soon, but I guess we will see. I’ll just continue to check daily and hope for the best. I’ll let you know if I hear anything further (from what I’ve read the letter should come in the few weeks following the DM, so I’m not holding my breath for anything too soon, especially
given the world we are in....I just pray they open up the airports in Colombia to international
travel Sept 1 as previously planned
Great to hear! Keep checking. Even if it's a couple weeks it's one huge step closer! Fingers crossed.

moisis36

Mar 16, 2020
Hello everyone, here is my Application Timeline so far:

25-NOV-2019: Application received.
13-DEC-2019: AOR1.
19-DEC-2019: Biometrics Requested.
20-DEC-2019: Sponsor Approval.
06-JAN-2020: Moved to Singapore VO.
12-JAN-2020: Biometrics submitted.
16-JAN-2020: AOR2.
04-MAR-2020: Linked application to online account.
17-MAY-2020: GCMS Notes requested.
11-JUN-2020: GCMS Notes received.
17-JUN-2020: Additional documents requested.
20-JUL-2020: Additional documents submitted.
04-AUG-2020: Pre-arrival letter received.
Still waiting for medical request and not sure if pre-arrival mean anything.
Good luck with everyone.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Good luck with everyone.
What were the additional documents requested?

Reactions: Sara015

Xaradiem

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019

Good luck with everyone.
You will get the medical request sometime today or tomorrow, I guess.

Reactions: moisis36

Irena023

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Zadar, Croatia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-11-2019
Well, my husband finally got someone on the phone in Sydney. He explained what the situation was and then asked what does "on hold" status of our application mean (that's what was written in GSMC notes). They told him it means it's on hold for now due to COVID because some government departments are still closed and they can't continue processing it. But they didn't move anywhere since February, that's what we saw in the notes, and there wasn't COVID then. :(
We got the notes end of May. I don't know if we should order new ones now or maybe in a month to see if anything new was added? What do you think?

Awquin

May 28, 2020
Well, my husband finally got someone on the phone in Sydney. He explained what the situation was and then asked what does "on hold" status of our application mean (that's what was written in GSMC notes). They told him it means it's on hold for now due to COVID because some government departments are still closed and they can't continue processing it. But they didn't move anywhere since February, that's what we saw in the notes, and there wasn't COVID then. :(
We got the notes end of May. I don't know if we should order new ones now or maybe in a month to see if anything new was added? What do you think?
It does not hurt to request more notes. That does seem to be correct as far as processing. Nothing is moving at this point. Very interesting that you got someone on the phone in Sydney. There are always pauses in the process though, so a pause in February is not unheard of. Also, I was fully stocked on gloves and masks in January. If I was following it closely enough, you can bet the governments were...well, most.....U.S. excluded.

Reactions: Irena023

Irena023

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Zadar, Croatia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-11-2019
It does not hurt to request more notes. That does seem to be correct as far as processing. Nothing is moving at this point. Very interesting that you got someone on the phone in Sydney. There are always pauses in the process though, so a pause in February is not unheard of. Also, I was fully stocked on gloves and masks in January. If I was following it closely enough, you can bet the governments were...well, most.....U.S. excluded.
Oh he called dozens of times before. Except no one ever answered. Today he was given an option to leave a message so they called him back.
Members of the FB group I'm a member of (July-October 2019 applicants) have been moving with their applications but mind you they already had their biometrics and medical done. I'm nowhere near that. So, something is moving. Slowly but moving.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Spouse visas and travel history
We nearly missed this point in the checklist, despite reading it multiple times!

It's on page 5, near the bottom and underneath 'SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS FOR SPONSORED PERSONS (PRINCIPAL APPLICANT AND ALL FAMILY MEMBERS) 1. IDENTITY DOCUMENTS, TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS'.