+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Userfriendly28

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hello. Is there a separate thread for Quebec undertaking documents fill in advices or can I ask here?

Form 0520 3.1 asks: cette personne vous accompagne-t-elle au Quebec? Meaning if me (sponsor) will accompany the principal applicant. I am Canadian PR living in Montreal. Should I choose yes or no? Logically “no” because I will not accompany because already in Canada, right?

Form 0546 4. Renseignement sur les membres de la famille de la personne parrainée principal
Do I fill in my data and again same question as above about accompanying.

5. Who fills that area?
Thanks

About your question I called them and they said that no you don’t have to fill out that part since you’re the spouse and you are already in Canada. What is question 5 again? If it’s le garant that’s sponsor. Also don’t forget to send two copies follow the check list everything is written on what documents to provide. I speak perfect French and frankly I had a hard time with this questionnaire I can only imagine someone who does not speak French and they don’t have an English version.

frisbee2017

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hello! My wife’s application moved to Mexico and I have started overthinking. Need you guys to help me on this one, please.

The PA’s country didn’t require any additional documents. The passport copy of PA didn’t require any stamped pages to be submitted. There was no travel history requested in any of the forms.

My wife and I are in a foreign country for 3 weeks. Our reception is scheduled this month. I know that I don’t have to submit anything to cic as there has been no major update. I wont be sending any additional documents until requested.

can someone please validate my comments?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello! My wife’s application moved to Mexico and I have started overthinking. Need you guys to help me on this one, please.

The PA’s country didn’t require any additional documents. The passport copy of PA didn’t require any stamped pages to be submitted. There was no travel history requested in any of the forms.

My wife and I are in a foreign country for 3 weeks. Our reception is scheduled this month. I know that I don’t have to submit anything to cic as there has been no major update. I wont be sending any additional documents until requested.

can someone please validate my comments?
I'd agree, no need to submit if it was accepted (AOR1) and nothing important has changed. Other views welcome.

Reactions: frisbee2017

joshisuneet30

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
The file was submitted from India. But, I don’t think so that it could be a deciding factor to move file because no where on the application it shows where the file came from.
Just a guess, no one would know the real reasons, but 2 of my friends applied for Spousal in the beginning this year, one sent app package from India and the other one from Canada, the one from India got his file moved to NDVO and the one from Canada got his to Mississauga.
But definitely, no guarantees on that. Just guessing. ✌✌

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Just a guess, no one would know the real reasons, but 2 of my friends applied for Spousal in the beginning this year, one sent app package from India and the other one from Canada, the one from India got his file moved to NDVO and the one from Canada got his to Mississauga.
Which friend got decision first... so we could know which One is faster in processing

bluecanuck

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
As I learned from someone on spouse sponsor group on Facebook, if your application sent to Mississauga, the processing time is shorter, it takes around 2 months to 3 months completely. If you application need to be checked more, they will transfer your application to visa office, then it takes over 5-6 months ...
Any idea how they determine which applications to send to Mississauga?

veera-india

Dec 17, 2019
Mine was sent from Canada only but still file moved to NDVO

Narinder261990

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Can we link our paper application to GC Key on line application even if we have not receive AOR1 but our application has been revieved by Novascotia Office 15 days ago..? Any suggestion

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Can we link our paper application to GC Key on line application even if we have not receive AOR1 but our application has been revieved by Novascotia Office 15 days ago..? Any suggestion
No, usually you can link an application only after AOR has been received or just mere hours before it's being sent. Before that moment an application has a temporary number and can't be linked.