+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

ozzyg333

Feb 24, 2020
Alright, I got my COPR! Man it's been quite the journey and I'm happy you guys were here along with me. Just wondering what is the next step from here? Do I go to a registry? Where do I get a SIN and all that?

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

vanillacatte

Jan 4, 2019
Alright, I got my COPR! Man it's been quite the journey and I'm happy you guys were here along with me. Just wondering what is the next step from here? Do I go to a registry? Where do I get a SIN and all that?
If you are in ON, make an appointment online with service Ontario for OHIP. I still need to get a permanent SIN cause I got a temporary one with my OWP.

gabycm

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hey guys, I got my COPR yesterday. My full timeline is on my signature. I also have a question about the permanent SIN number. I have a temporary one. To change it online the option I should select is "Change of status"? Do you guys know? Thanks!

Akaa703

Oct 21, 2020
Does anyone know how can I escalate my case since it has been 13 months now?
Also, can I take my case to court? Thanks in advance.

gabycm

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
I haven’t, I will do that first thing on Monday morning. Do you know what my MP can do? Do you know what other legal options I have? Thanks for your help!
Your MP can't do much. They can contact IRCC on your behalf, but it's always a good option if things are not moving. As for other legal options, I really don't know. I am sorry :(
But hang in there!

Akaa703

Oct 21, 2020
Your MP can't do much. They can contact IRCC on your behalf, but it's always a good option if things are not moving. As for other legal options, I really don't know. I am sorry :(
But hang in there!
I see, I hope that would help. Thanks a lot!

Ryleyyyy

Oct 5, 2020
Just an update: I uploaded my current address and photo via PR Confirmation portal that IRCC newly uses on Dec 3, 2020, and received CoPR on Dec 7, 2020. I'm a PR of Canada now! So glad that this is finally over.
Good luck to those who are still waiting. Hang in there, you will hear good news soon!
Hi did u get ur pr card?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Congratulations! If you're in Ontario, definitely get your OHIP application taken care of at a Service Canada ASAP. Bring your ID and PRINTED COPR letter with you. They will not accept a COPR letter that you just show them on your phone. You'll get your OHIP number on the spot, with the card to follow in the mail.

As for the SIN, you either need to apply for a permanent one, or convert your temporary SIN (from an OWP) to a permanent number. You can do this online: https://sin-nas.canada.ca/en/Sin/.

Then, as stated in your COPR letter, you need to mail a printed copy, along with 1-2 new photos for your PR card to the address they give you. Once that has been received by IRCC, you can think of that as another application and link it in your GC Key. They don't give you many updates or details, but you will be able to see when your PR card has been mailed out. And remember: no travelling outside of Canada without the official PR card! You cannot travel on a COPR letter.

gabycm

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Congratulations! If you're in Ontario, definitely get your OHIP application taken care of at a Service Canada ASAP. Bring your ID and PRINTED COPR letter with you. They will not accept a COPR letter that you just show them on your phone. You'll get your OHIP number on the spot, with the card to follow in the mail.

As for the SIN, you either need to apply for a permanent one, or convert your temporary SIN (from an OWP) to a permanent number. You can do this online: https://sin-nas.canada.ca/en/Sin/.

Then, as stated in your COPR letter, you need to mail a printed copy, along with 1-2 new photos for your PR card to the address they give you. Once that has been received by IRCC, you can think of that as another application and link it in your GC Key. They don't give you many updates or details, but you will be able to see when your PR card has been mailed out. And remember: no travelling outside of Canada without the official PR card! You cannot travel on a COPR letter.
For those of you who managed to link the PR card application, what info did you give?
It asks for the city/town of birth but on my COPR it says only my country. Apparently, getting the spelling correct on that seems to do the trick, but mine says nothing.... Any suggestions?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
For those of you who managed to link the PR card application, what info did you give?
It asks for the city/town of birth but on my COPR it says only my country. Apparently, getting the spelling correct on that seems to do the trick, but mine says nothing.... Any suggestions?
I was having the same issue. I had to go back and look at my PR application paperwork to see what I put down as my city of birth there (it has a strange spelling and is a place I hardly ever reference, which is why I didn't know if off the top of my head). Once I found that and entered it online exactly as I had on my application, I was able to link. Hope that helps!!

Reactions: gabycm

gabycm

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
I was having the same issue. I had to go back and look at my PR application paperwork to see what I put down as my city of birth there (it has a strange spelling and is a place I hardly ever reference, which is why I didn't know if off the top of my head). Once I found that and entered it online exactly as I had on my application, I was able to link. Hope that helps!!
Thanks! And were you able to link right after COPR? On another thread someone said they managed right after receiving the document. I was wondering if I should wait a bit longer...