+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

axebuddy

Oct 23, 2019
Is this webform IRCC really effective and quick because have submitted a requested document last Wednesday and there is no acknowledgment of reception of the document yet. Back home in New Zealand they have a separate team called documentation team for just this job to collect requested documents from applicants and notify and update the file in a timely manner.

IRCC webform is so generic link where we need to fill out our application information along with requested document and not sure how they link back to the current processing file. It shouldn’t take days to update as the requested document is sent electronically right away and received right away.

Last edited:

planbee

Jan 26, 2018
Hi all! I received my COPR today! Just to help everyone trace their steps in terms of timing:

Aug 20 -Request for medical
Sep 9 - Medical submitted
Sep 14 - Medical passed, background check initiatied
Sep 25 - SA/AIP
Sep 28 - COPR

Originally applied on Nov 12 2019. Good luck to all!
I got my SA/AIP yesterday, and was wondering, what does the COPR look like? Does it come over mail as a document or over email, as a PDF?

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I got my SA/AIP yesterday, and was wondering, what does the COPR look like? Does it come over mail as a document or over email, as a PDF?
Via email as a PDF letter (a similar to AIP) and also there will be a link to the same letter in your GC Key account.

Reactions: planbee

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019
Via email as a PDF letter (a similar to AIP) and also there will be a link to the same letter in your GC Key account.
I received COPR but it is only the document numbers. I never received an email and there is no link to a pdf. It just has the document information and everything on my application account says approved and the top says final decision is approved but no actual COPR document.

ETA: I only seem to receive emails that say my application has a status change, they haven't emailed the documents. I was able to access AIP as a pdf on my application, though. Still no sign of a pdf link for my COPR. I submitted a technical issue through the CIC. Hopefully that solves it.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Last edited:

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019
Reactions: planbee

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
I just got an email as the sponsor saying I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Is this SA? If not how long does it take from this point until SA?

My husband (applicant) also got a message saying he met eligibility requirements to apply for PR. Is this considered AIP? If not, same question, how long does it take for approval from this point?

Reactions: ShiroTheHero

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I just got an email as the sponsor saying I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Is this SA? If not how long does it take from this point until SA?

My husband (applicant) also got a message saying he met eligibility requirements to apply for PR. Is this considered AIP? If not, same question, how long does it take for approval from this point?
Yes and Yes! Congratulations! :D

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I received COPR but it is only the document numbers. I never received an email and there is no link to a pdf. It just has the document information and everything on my application account says approved and the top says final decision is approved but no actual COPR document.

ETA: I only seem to receive emails that say my application has a status change, they haven't emailed the documents. I was able to access AIP as a pdf on my application, though. Still no sign of a pdf link for my COPR. I submitted a technical issue through the CIC. Hopefully that solves it.

Has anybody else had this issue?
The EXACT same thing happened to me on Monday. The COPR doc came over email and GC Key by the end of the day. Some people it takes days, I was lucky that mine only took hours. But you WILL receive it!

Reactions: SpousAsous

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019
The EXACT same thing happened to me on Monday. The COPR doc came over email and GC Key by the end of the day. Some people it takes days, I was lucky that mine only took hours. But you WILL receive it!
Thank you!!! Yes, it has been almost two days and I'm just so excited to get my SIN number, I want it now! Hahaha, good to know that it has happened that way for others and eventually resolves. Thank you so much! And congratulations!

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

JK123

Apr 24, 2020
so i called immigration and asked them why i only received SA and they tell me they do not have my medicals i did my medicals on 21st august so i dnt know what to do

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
so i called immigration and asked them why i only received SA and they tell me they do not have my medicals i did my medicals on 21st august so i dnt know what to do
Does your GC Key or ECAS show your medicals were received?

If not have you tried contacting the doctor's office to see if they transmitted them over?