+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
No we didn’t. We just submitted his OWP application with the PR application. We are allowed to do that as long as your spouse is in Canada. Just fill out the form and pay the complete fees. Have you submitted an application?
okay thanks.

Im battling with IRCC at the moment. The officer said they cant verify that I had valid status at the time of applying, even though I did. I asked why they cant look up my details and they said the CBSA has the entry to Canada information and not the IRCC office.

Very frustrating situation.

abigirl

Jan 23, 2020
okay thanks.

Im battling with IRCC at the moment. The officer said they cant verify that I had valid status at the time of applying, even though I did. I asked why they cant look up my details and they said the CBSA has the entry to Canada information and not the IRCC office.

Very frustrating situation.
Did they request your details from immigration? Or at least tell you to request the information from immigration?

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Did they request your details from immigration? Or at least tell you to request the information from immigration?
No. I rang to enquire 10 days ago and they said the officer made a note on the file, stating I would need to wait for AIP. The IRCC call centre suggested I write a Case Enquiry stating I was in the country with valid status.

I flew into the country and these days they don't stamp your passport so I don't have any proof I had valid status which is annoying. Whats more annoying is that the IRCC cant access the CBSA's information.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
No. I rang to enquire 10 days ago and they said the officer made a note on the file, stating I would need to wait for AIP. The IRCC call centre suggested I write a Case Enquiry stating I was in the country with valid status.

I flew into the country and these days they don't stamp your passport so I don't have any proof I had valid status which is annoying. Whats more annoying is that the IRCC cant access the CBSA's information.
But it also doesnt make sense why this happened to just my application while others get their work permit without an issue.

Thats why I was wondering if you provided proof of status..

abigirl

Jan 23, 2020

They didn’t stamp your passport? Even when you went through customs? My husbands passport got stamped even though he’s a US citizen.

Reactions: ShiroTheHero

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
They didn’t stamp your passport? Even when you went through customs? My husbands passport got stamped even though he’s a US citizen.
No. Ive been flying into Canada on and off for 2.5 years and never had a stamp. Its all electronic at the airport these days.

abigirl

Jan 23, 2020
No. Ive been flying into Canada on and off for 2.5 years and never had a stamp. Its all electronic at the airport these days.
For real, are you able to request electronic copies from CBSA? There should be a way. IRCC can request the documents but I don’t know if they will do it or ask you to do it. Have you been able
To link your application online?

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
For real, are you able to request electronic copies from CBSA? There should be a way. IRCC can request the documents but I don’t know if they will do it or ask you to do it. Have you been able
To link your application online?
Yep I have written to the CBSA to request documents and they said it will take about a month. Now with the Covid it might be a bit longer..

abigirl

Jan 23, 2020
Yep I have written to the CBSA to request documents and they said it will take about a month. Now with the Covid it might be a bit longer..
Well as long as they haven’t rejected the permit you are on implied status so you are good. Hopefully CBSA responds back soon enough so you can get everything sorted.

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Well as long as they haven’t rejected the permit you are on implied status so you are good. Hopefully CBSA responds back soon enough so you can get everything sorted.
yep, hopefully the officer is reasonable about all this.

Cheers for the info

ZaraT

May 31, 2019
We submitted PR + OWP on Nov 25, 2019, and 4 month mark just passed, so do you think it would make sense to call/email about it, or just wait? My husband had visitor status at the time of application and we applied for the extension a month ago just in case OWP is not approved.

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
We submitted PR + OWP on Nov 25, 2019, and 4 month mark just passed, so do you think it would make sense to call/email about it, or just wait? My husband had visitor status at the time of application and we applied for the extension a month ago just in case OWP is not approved.
Did your husband arrive by aircraft? And did he get a stamp in his passport?

ZaraT

May 31, 2019
Did your husband arrive by aircraft? And did he get a stamp in his passport?
Thanks for your response. Yes, he arrived by plane, and he got an exit stamp from our home country (it can be seen in the pages I copied and sent to IRCC, and since that was his new passport, that's the only stamp in it, so button don't think they missed it), but no entry stamp at the airport in Canada.