Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Anyone know what to do about the SIN#? Just got the OWP but can’t do anything without a Sin.
If it is an urgent request;
Social Insurance Number (SIN) services:
  • Effective March 20, we are only accepting SIN applications submitted by mail. Service Canada is only responding to critical service enquiries at this time
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/notices/coronavirus.html#social-insurance

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/corporate/contact/sin.html

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
You need to appyl via mail.

Could you help us though with your OWP info? Did you apply as a visitor and did you fly into the country?
Hi, most of us applied for visit visa and after landing applied inland PR + OWP but I feel when you apply for PR + OWP what’s your status? Are you with in 6 months of visit period ? But really not sure why they delay for some apps.

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
I called yesterday and I was given this number to call. It’s 18002779914.
I’m also in the same boat received OWP in mail Mar 25 th but can’t do anything as all service Canada’s closed. Any info other than sending it via mail ?? Bcos it takes around 20 days + in mail and what if it got lost and we can’t run behind IRCC again to get permit duplicate !!!

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Not sure what you’re asking but I was here as a visitor with active status when I applied.
Okay !! Because some of them who discussed in the forum said that they applied to PR + OWP at the end of their 6 th month of visit status and even at their over stay period. But not sure how IRCC picks the applications. Most of us are frustrated abt this, so don’t worry !!!

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Not sure what you’re asking but I was here as a visitor with active status when I applied.
Im trying to figure out why Im told my they arnt sure what my status was when I applied. I arrived by pane with an eta and passed through customs but received no stamp. I applied one month later so I did have Active Visitor status.

I did have active status when I applied but dont have any proof.

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Okay !! Because some of them who discussed in the forum said that they applied to PR + OWP at the end of their 6 the month of visit status and even at their over stay period. But not sure how IRCC picks the applications. Most of us are frustrated abt this, so don’t worry !!!
I applied within 6 months. I applied one month after arrival but the phone call centre tells me they are not sure if I had active status.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
I applied within 6 months. I applied one month after arrival but the phone call centre tells me they are not sure if I had active status.
Same here, we applied one month after arrival in Canada so like you, well within active visitors status. So there shouldn't be any issue with status when it comes to approval of OWP or not, so very confusing as to why we haven't gotten it. But like I mentioned before BB802 the call centre gives incorrect answers a lot of the time.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Same here, we applied one month after arrival in Canada so like you, well within active visitors status. So there shouldn't be any issue with status when it comes to approval of OWP or not, so very confusing as to why we haven't gotten it. But like I mentioned before BB802 the call centre gives incorrect answers a lot of the time.
let me know if you get an update! cheers

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Hi November applicants! I'm a late October Inland PR & OWP applicant and have been poking around your message board after conversing with @BB802. Just wanted to let you know I'm in the same OWP boat as all of you. I don't know when they started the "No stamp, no approval" rule, or whatever it is IRCC is up to, but I feel your pain. Seemingly, a lot of my fellow October applicants received their OWP approvals in late-January or early-February, save for a few of us that I'm aware of, so this may be a new procedure that was instituted around that time?

I mailed my PR & OWP applications one week after re-entering Canada, so I was definitely in status, but everything was automated and I while I did speak very briefly to a Border Agent, my passport was not stamped upon entry.

Does anyone know how to prove to IRCC that we were in status, or has anyone tried disputing the OWP rejection? Thanks!

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
The entry will be in the system. Shouldn't be an issue. Last time i came back through Halifax i didnt get stamp either