+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
OWP applications for spousal applicants seemed to get approved every Thursday until Feb, 21st. No one (except one on Feb 28th) has updated their status on OWP approval. This is really weird and frustrating. Has anyone got any information as to why this delay is? thanks
To me it looks like it is Fridays that people get their OWP approvals and people on the forums and groups say that they come on Friday or Saturday evenings. I have no idea why only one person updated last week. It feels like Nov applicants got the shaft and have the longest waits but I asssime because Christmas and New Years has pushed our month back. We are Nov 18 applicants and are reeaaaally hoping to get fantastic news tonight in the form of an OWP approval!

Reactions: abeagomez

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
To me it looks like it is Fridays that people get their OWP approvals and people on the forums and groups say that they come on Friday or Saturday evenings. I have no idea why only one person updated last week. It feels like Nov applicants got the shaft and have the longest waits but I asssime because Christmas and New Years has pushed our month back. We are Nov 18 applicants and are reeaaaally hoping to get fantastic news tonight in the form of an OWP approval!
Hope you get good news tonight! :) Please keep the rest of us posted

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
October are getting shafted to. A few of us are still waiting on OWP's from mid October :(

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
October are getting shafted to. A few of us are still waiting on OWP's from mid October :(
I think if they exceeded the expected time for you to get a response you can actually complete a form a request an update about the status of your application.

BB802

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
I think if they exceeded the expected time for you to get a response you can actually complete a form a request an update about the status of your application.
And I did. They say some take longer than others and we will try to process as soon as possible. But they didnt say why the delay, or what the cause of the longer processing is..

PritamUrmi

Mar 6, 2020
Hi guys, needed a help:
Generic Application Form For Canada: Application Details; Section 3: “How
many family members, including you, are in this application? and also, the
dependent section: I was not sure about this section. I (the sponsor) is already a
PR and in Canada. So, this section needs not to be filled. However, in the
“Dependent” section the applicant is supposed to give the details of her spouse. I
am a dependent on the applicant and I am also accompanying her to Canada. So, should she write 2 in the section 3 as a reply for
“How many family members, including you, are in this application?" And should she fill the dependent section as well? Please, please help.

ozzyg333

Feb 24, 2020
I called in today and they said they're still processing my background check. Any idea why this is taking such a long time when other's seem to already be past this stage.

App received Nov 7
AOR Jan 7
No update on OWP

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I called in today and they said they're still processing my background check. Any idea why this is taking such a long time when other's seem to already be past this stage.

App received Nov 7
AOR Jan 7
No update on OWP
What was your status in Canada the moment you submitted your application?

Orobs93

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
The process for getting your OWP is different if you were out of status at the moment you applied. You can check this chart: https://www.canpakspousal.com/home/flowchart/flowchart-sclpc
Please do you know if this your opinion is also applied to those on valid study visa of one year from the day of submission that has stopped schooling due to their new marital status and are applying for both work permit and spouse sponsorship?

Ibeforem

Oct 9, 2017
Hey everyone. I am wondering how your spouses got their belongings in to Canada. Did you ship all items after OWP or are you waiting for the PR? Can be tough to live out of a suitcase for 12 months.

abeagomez

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Please do you know if this your opinion is also applied to those on valid study visa of one year from the day of submission that has stopped schooling due to their new marital status and are applying for both work permit and spouse sponsorship?
Who is elegible for an OWP before checking sponsor's eligibility is described here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/partner.html