+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Please help me figure out whether this is true or not.

I phoned IRCC today because we STILL haven't received any word on my husbands OWP (can't link, no application number) and they said they haven't even begun to look at it yet because they are still reviewing his eligibility for PR. They said that the reason why they haven't started his OWP yet is that they won't approve the OWP within the 4 month time frame if you are on visitors status, they have to assess your PR eligibility first. Those who currently have status in Canada as a worker or student already are the ones who usually receive the OWP within the 4 month time frame.

Help me prove or disprove this statement (it seems like I get different information every time I call).

Those of you who's OWP has been approved or have been able to link, were you on a current work visa or student visa when you applied?

Those of you who's OWP has not been approved yet or who have not been able to link the OWP online, were you/are you on a Visitor Visa/status?

Reactions: ShiroTheHero

Orobs93

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020

I phoned IRCC today because we STILL haven't received any word on my husbands OWP (can't link, no application number) and they said they haven't even begun to look at it yet because they are still reviewing his eligibility for PR. They said that the reason why they haven't started his OWP yet is that they won't approve the OWP within the 4 month time frame if you are on visitors status, they have to assess your PR eligibility first. Those who currently have status in Canada as a worker or student already are the ones who usually receive the OWP within the 4 month time frame.

Help me prove or disprove this statement (it seems like I get different information every time I call).

Those of you who's OWP has been approved or have been able to link, were you on a current work visa or student visa when you applied?

Those of you who's OWP has not been approved yet or who have not been able to link the OWP online, were you/are you on a Visitor Visa/status?
really interested in this

Reactions: CanUK333

ShiroTheHero

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019

I was able to link my OWP application to my account 4 days after I received AOR, and I am on visitor status. I called IRCC around that time (almost a month ago now) to check whether I should apply to extend my visitor's record or not, and the agent recommended that I do not apply for extension since I have an OWP app in and that it would probably get approved around the time my visitor's record will expire (next month). I don't mean to act like a know-it-all, but I don't think that the IRCC agent who spoke to you explained things correctly. Maybe there is some truth to what they said, but for example, a friend of mine
who also applied for PR (they applied in August) got her OWP in December and she is also on visitor status. In her case, what the agent said doesn't really add up.

Reactions: CanUK333

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
I would like to please hear from November applications to see if they received their OWPs yet. I know some did but I would like to please hear from people who received @ the end of last week or this weekend & which date their applications was sent in.

Reactions: Jodilibra

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
I would like to please hear from November applications to see if they received their OWPs yet. I know some did but I would like to please hear from people who received @ the end of last week or this weekend & which date their applications was sent in.
We are Nov 18 applicant and are really hoping to get OWP this coming weekend. Only one person has updated the spreadsheet for this last weekend- where are all the other OEP approvals?!

abigirl

Jan 23, 2020
We are Nov 18 applicant and are really hoping to get OWP this coming weekend. Only one person has updated the spreadsheet for this last weekend- where are all the other OEP approvals?!
Same! My husband’s application was received on November 18 as well and I am waiting for an OWP to come through at least. Did you get AOR?

Reactions: Jodilibra

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
Nice! I didn’t get AOR. I had to phone in for the file number. Have you been able to link the work permit application?
We were able to link about a week after receiving AOR - we had to call in also because they had my boyfriends passport # wrong - then about a week after that we were able to link the OWP Application. Nothing since then though.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
BEWARE: Those of you who call IRCC for information on status or to ask questions. The call centre agents are NOT equipped to answer ANY questions or offer advice or counsel. They are NOT trained in any immigration rules or in the immigration process. They will literally make things up to tell you based on very limited knowledge. All they can say is what the status of your application says on a computer (the same notification you get when you link your app).

This is advice that was given to me from the Top 2 forum members on this site.

I submitted our PR and OWP application beginning of November and have not received an AOR or OWP approval yet. Every time I call IRCC they give me a different answer as to why and give me different advice on what to do (everything from my husband will not get an OWP approval because they are fast tracking his PR instead, that our application was lost, that the agent responsible for our case was on holiday and that's why the delay, that my husband should restore our visitor status before review can continue, to the reason why OWP is delayed is because he was a visitor, etc). I was so frustrated I contacted the most experienced members of this forum for advice and I was shocked when they told me that the IRCC call centre literally makes up things to say and they are NOT to be trusted.

So if you are having concerns about your application post within this forum as the knowledge and experience of the Top forum members is far more helpful.

Reactions: ShiroTheHero

ssupr2020

Feb 3, 2020
Guys, OWP seems to be stuck for Nov applicants. Does anybody have any idea when will we get OWP?

Last edited:

straightdrive

May 23, 2015
OWP applications for spousal applicants seemed to get approved every Thursday until Feb, 21st. No one (except one on Feb 28th) has updated their status on OWP approval. This is really weird and frustrating. Has anyone got any information as to why this delay is? thanks