+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

axebuddy

Oct 23, 2019
Congratulations to all.....
I think the next batch of OWP approvals would be till Nov 08 ( application received date)

Leah&Jeremy

Sep 15, 2018
So we still haven't been able to link our OWP, and have not been able get a hold of anyone by phone. Does anyone have a number they've been successful with talking to someone about an OWP link into problem?

Leah&Jeremy

Sep 15, 2018
Not sure if anyone here would know, but we're wondering if our OWP will be delayed because of accidently not paying the second fee. When they sent it back to us we were instructed to send the amended application to the work permit office in Alberta, when we initially sent it and the PR app to Toronto. So we were hoping that sending it right to Alberta meant we were still looking at a similar time frame, but is that wishful thinking?

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
Not sure if anyone here would know, but we're wondering if our OWP will be delayed because of accidently not paying the second fee. When they sent it back to us we were instructed to send the amended application to the work permit office in Alberta, when we initially sent it and the PR app to Toronto. So we were hoping that sending it right to Alberta meant we were still looking at a similar time frame, but is that wishful thinking?
Not sure if u will be on same time line, hope everything goes well for you and all of us. Whenever I call IRCC, I get through with 2, 1, 1, 0 or the one that says something like, you are sponsoring family memebers. Best time to call early in the morning and ask for call back rather than being on hold.

Reactions: Leah&Jeremy

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
PLEASE HELP! I'm freaking out! We submitted November 4th and never received an AOR. I rang IRCC and they said that everything is ok and it's "In Process" just that the agent never bothered to send AOR to us. Since then our application has remained at "Submitted" and at 27% completed. We have NOT been able to link the OWP. Called IRCC again and they said that our PR application is still 'In Process" and that they haven't even looked at the OWP yet as they, "most likely" she said, are putting priority on PR application. WHAT?! I don't know what this means and I'm worried as people are already being approved for OWP and are over 55% complete in their application status! But every time I call they say everything looks fine and it's "In process".

abigirl

Jan 23, 2020
PLEASE HELP! I'm freaking out! We submitted November 4th and never received an AOR. I rang IRCC and they said that everything is ok and it's "In Process" just that the agent never bothered to send AOR to us. Since then our application has remained at "Submitted" and at 27% completed. We have NOT been able to link the OWP. Called IRCC again and they said that our PR application is still 'In Process" and that they haven't even looked at the OWP yet as they, "most likely" she said, are putting priority on PR application. WHAT?! I don't know what this means and I'm worried as people are already being approved for OWP and are over 55% complete in their application status! But every time I call they say everything looks fine and it's "In process".
I didn’t receive AOR either. I submitted November 15 or so. I called and the agent said my application has been received and I should receive an acknowledgment once they start working on it. I truly don’t know what all that means but still waiting.

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019
27% is about right. Nobody from November is much above that. I don't know where you're getting the 55% complete for any November applicants but if a November applicant is that far along, they have something special going on. (Don't go by the percentages on the spreadsheet, they are off for some reason and don't reflect the actual percentage the IRCC is showing).

Everything sounds on the mark for your application. Not everybody has their OWP yet, especially not those who submitted after the first few days of November. It's only the early November applicants who have their OWP. If you sent yours on the 4th, then they likely didn't receive it until around the 6th. OWP has only been approved for some applicants whose applications were received in the first four days of November.

I know this is stressful but everything sounds okay with your file. You're stressing yourself out for no reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShiroTheHero

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
I didn’t receive AOR either. I submitted November 15 or so. I called and the agent said my application has been received and I should receive an acknowledgment once they start working on it. I truly don’t know what all that means but still waiting.
I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only one who seems to be stuck with no AOR. Did you submit an OWP at the same time? If so have you had any updates on that?

Leah&Jeremy

Sep 15, 2018
So we finally linked out OWP after talking to someone from IRCC. Our mistake was in the "given name" portion of the linking. We assumed that just meant his first name, but apparently it actually means first AND middle name ‍♀ but it worked, and it says the application is in process. Hopefully we're not too delayed.

Our PR application is currently 28% complete, so on track with the rest of the group!

abigirl

Jan 23, 2020
I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only one who seems to be stuck with no AOR. Did you submit an OWP at the same time? If so have you had any updates on that?
Yup! I submitted PR and OWP. No update on OWP either however I will try and call IRCC tomorrow and see what they say.

Reactions: CanUK333