+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

JonandAshley

Oct 29, 2019
Guess I'm just being impatient lol.

Question...it says that the OWP takes about 4 months to receive. Is that 4 months from when they send you the AOR? Or 4 months from when they recieved the application? I read that the OWP app goes to a different department to be processed so I wasn't sure
I would guess it would be from when you sent it and I think the OWP wait time has come down.

Reactions: Leah&Jeremy

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019
Guess I'm just being impatient lol.

Question...it says that the OWP takes about 4 months to receive. Is that 4 months from when they send you the AOR? Or 4 months from when they recieved the application? I read that the OWP app goes to a different department to be processed so I wasn't sure
The spreadsheet is a really good place to get an idea of average time for everybody. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=577041533

If you look at August, September and October tabs on the bottom, they give pretty accurate numbers of what we should expect as November applicants (though I think we should probably add a week or so onto the AOR timeline because of the holidays.) It looks like August applicants are starting to get their OWP. A few in September and nobody in October yet.

Reactions: Leah&Jeremy

Leah&Jeremy

Sep 15, 2018
The spreadsheet is a really good place to get an idea of average time for everybody. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=577041533

If you look at August, September and October tabs on the bottom, they give pretty accurate numbers of what we should expect as November applicants (though I think we should probably add a week or so onto the AOR timeline because of the holidays.) It looks like August applicants are starting to get their OWP. A few in September and nobody in October yet.
Thank you! I haven't been able to open the spreadsheet on my phone, just my laptop, so I haven't checked it recently.

Reactions: SpousAsous

nkuchi

Dec 11, 2019
Hi,

Do we need to pay biometrics fee if we are applying this week?

I see the below note on cic website:

As of December 3, 2019, you need to give biometrics when you apply from within Canada. You can go to a designated Service Canada location.

Can anyone please confirm?

Thank you!

huiqixie

Dec 15, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-11-2020
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Med's Request
22-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-09-2020
My parcel was received on November 12, 2019 in Missisauga by S. Wong. Hope I can get AOR soon.

One question is that, my husband is self-employed. I provided his NOA and a letter explaining his source of income. He has low income (about $15K annually). However, CIC does not have any income requirement for spousual sponsorship when the sponsor is only sponsoring the spouse. I hope what I provided is good enough for the finanical section!

Anyone has thoughts?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
My parcel was received on November 12, 2019 in Missisauga by S. Wong. Hope I can get AOR soon.

One question is that, my husband is self-employed. I provided his NOA and a letter explaining his source of income. He has low income (about $15K annually). However, CIC does not have any income requirement for spousual sponsorship when the sponsor is only sponsoring the spouse. I hope what I provided is good enough for the finanical section!

Anyone has thoughts?
Must be the same person that handles all the applications coming of the truck there. That;s who signed mines as well on the 5th of December haha.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hi,

Do we need to pay biometrics fee if we are applying this week?

I see the below note on cic website:

As of December 3, 2019, you need to give biometrics when you apply from within Canada. You can go to a designated Service Canada location.

Can anyone please confirm?

Thank you!
Since it is past the 3rd of december I would say yes, they have to be done.

farinew

Nov 4, 2019
Hi, I have a question. I sent my application for Sponsorship in November, but realized I might have submitted it incorrectly.

I placed the order of the documents as
Proof of payment
OWP Checklist
OWP Application
Barcodes
Sponsorship applications
Supporting Documents for OWP/Sponsorship

I only sent in 2 passport size photos, was I supposed to sent in 4? 2 for work permit/2 for sponsorship
The passport and marriage certificate was part of the supporting documents for Sponsorship/OWP so only one copy there as well.

Can you please let me know if my application will be rejected or is there anything I can do at this point?

Thank you!

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hi everyone, I m sponsoring my common-law partner who is inside Canada. I don't think we could get anything before Christmas

nkuchi

Dec 11, 2019
Hi All,

There are two options to pay the fees for PR application. One of the option has open work permit fee included with the PR fees (Total $ 1,380.00).

Do we have to pay the open work permit fee separately? OR It's accepted to pay all together with one receipt? (PR + Work permit)

Thank you!