+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

nkuchi

Dec 11, 2019
Hi,

We paid PR fees (1125) which included biometrics fee.

Now, I need to pay for open work permit and the guide mentioned about biometrics fee. Do we need to pay biometrics fee again for work permit?

Thank you!

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
So unfortunately, our application was sent back to us for missing documents (received today on the 27th of Nov, and sent by IRCC on 21st of Nov). IRCC included an explanation that we need to submit the sponsor's notice of assessment or proof of income statement, which we did (we included his most recent pay stubs from the military). So I called IRCC, and apparently they need the NOA to have an overall view of revenue, not just most recent payments. The agent also told us to include whatever documents the agent sent with our app. We sent the app today, so I guess that sets our time back to: App sent on November 27th.

An AOR would have definitely been much better than this, but at least I guess now I know everything else is good to go with our app.
FYI, all paper clips were removed and the documents were NOT in order when our app was sent back to us.
Ours was retired for the exact same reason. I omitted my NOA, thinking it was the T4 they wanted instead. We resent our package Nov 30 and haven’t heard anything back yet so I’m hoping it was fine this time. People at the end of October are starting to get their AOR so I’m excited to start seeing us November folks hearing something!

Reactions: ShiroTheHero

PandavN

Oct 18, 2019
Ours was retired for the exact same reason. I omitted my NOA, thinking it was the T4 they wanted instead. We resent our package Nov 30 and haven’t heard anything back yet so I’m hoping it was fine this time. People at the end of October are starting to get their AOR so I’m excited to start seeing us November folks hearing something!
When did you originally submit your application ?

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
When did you originally submit your application ?
October 25 and it was returned by Canada post on Nov 14. I printed off the NOA and slapped it on top (with a new cover letter) and sent it in the same day. Haven’t heard anything which I’m hoping is good news.

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi, my common law spouse and I submitted an inland spousal sponsorship application earlier this month. h we did not include a NOA or explanation letter. I was wondering if there is anyone that forgot to include this and did not get theirs sent back.

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
Hi, my common law spouse and I submitted an inland spousal sponsorship application earlier this month. h we did not include a NOA or explanation letter. I was wondering if there is anyone that forgot to include this and did not get theirs sent back.
Hi there, yes there are two people, myself included, who had ours sent back for omitting the NOA. Mine was sent back 2.5 weeks after I sent it in. I resubmitted my package with the NOA included on Nov 14 and expect to hear something in maybe 2-3 more weeks at this point. If you scroll through this forum you will find a link to a spreadsheet where people list their application dates and the dates they receive their AOR, work permits etc. Good luck! Did you just forget the NOA or do you not have one? For mine I thought they meant my T4 so that’s what I included the first time. When they send the package back they include a letter with what you missed listed in it so I just added my NOA with a new cover letter and sent it all back in the same day.

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
Hi there, yes there are two people, myself included, who had ours sent back for omitting the NOA. Mine was sent back 2.5 weeks after I sent it in. I resubmitted my package with the NOA included on Nov 14 and expect to hear something in maybe 2-3 more weeks at this point. If you scroll through this forum you will find a link to a spreadsheet where people list their application dates and the dates they receive their AOR, work permits etc. Good luck! Did you just forget the NOA or do you not have one? For mine I thought they meant my T4 so that’s what I included the first time. When they send the package back they include a letter with what you missed listed in it so I just added my NOA with a new cover letter and sent it all back in the same day.
Oh I just reread your note and saw that you were asking if there was anyone who did not get theirs sent back. I don’t know but I would doubt it. They were very specific in what they are asking for.

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Oh I just reread your note and saw that you were asking if there was anyone who did not get theirs sent back. I don’t know but I would doubt it. They were very specific in what they are asking for.
Thanks for your response. We thought that the letter from the sponsors workplace was enough (we were told that by a lawyer) but the day after we submitted we saw on this thread that ppl had theirs returned for excluding the NOA.

PandavN

Oct 18, 2019
Thanks for your response. We thought that the letter from the sponsors workplace was enough (we were told that by a lawyer) but the day after we submitted we saw on this thread that ppl had theirs returned for excluding the NOA.
Time to hit up your lawyer for refund :cool:

Reactions: JohnCana123

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Time to hit up your lawyer for refund :cool:
I think so lol.

I spoke with CIC earlier this afternoon and was told that depending on the person that reviews our application two things can happen. Option 1 the file gets returned and we resubmit with the missing document(s) or Option 2 it’s not sent back and the person reviewing the file asks us to send in the missing documents.

The application was received December 13, so we’ll just wait and see what happens.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
I did not include an NOA but I included a letter explaining why it is not included (I did not file last years taxes because I was not working and living overseas.)
My package was not sent back so I’m assuming they accepted my explanation.
I understand that my situation is different than yours. But I just wanted to add a reply so people know that in some circumstances you do not need to submit an NOA if you provide adequate explanation as to why you haven’t.

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
I did not include an NOA but I included a letter explaining why it is not included (I did not file last years taxes because I was not working and living overseas.)
My package was not sent back so I’m assuming they accepted my explanation.
I understand that my situation is different than yours. But I just wanted to add a reply so people know that in some circumstances you do not need to submit an NOA if you provide adequate explanation as to why you haven’t.