+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

ZaFa

Nov 20, 2019
Hello,

I have just started completing my forms this week (about 70% done). I have a few questions

The OWP do i submit this with the spousal visa forms? How do i get the form? On the website i only see an option to fill out the form online.

Do i need to submit a police check? Can i send the application without the police check, mail them the police check when i get it?

Thank you

imfullofhope

May 8, 2019
The OWP do i submit this with the spousal visa forms? How do i get the form? On the website i only see an option to fill out the form online.
According to the checklist: Yes. Here's the link to the guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker-paper.html#5553E5

Do i need to submit a police check? Can I send the application without the police check, mail them the police check when i get it?
I think this is one of the MUST HAVE documents from each country you lived since age 18 and spent 6 or more months.

Reactions: ZaFa

ZaFa

Nov 20, 2019
Thank you for your help.

I will submit the form for the police check hopefully it don’t take long to come.

ZaraT

May 31, 2019
Hi everyone,

My husband (PA) and I have sent our spousal + OWP application yesterday, hopefully it'll get to Mississauga by Monday. Just have a question: my husband is here on tourist visa valid for 6 months. In case we don't hear from IRCC by the end of those 6 months, do we need to extend his status as visitor, or does he get some kind of implied status at some point?

Thanks in advance!

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Hi everyone,

My husband (PA) and I have sent our spousal + OWP application yesterday, hopefully it'll get to Mississauga by Monday. Just have a question: my husband is here on tourist visa valid for 6 months. In case we don't hear from IRCC by the end of those 6 months, do we need to extend his status as visitor, or does he get some kind of implied status at some point?

Thanks in advance!
You need to apply separately online to extend his stay.

JonandAshley

Oct 29, 2019
So happy that our spousal sponsorship application is complete. So much information needed.
Application sent November 18th
Received November 22nd in Mississauga.
Hopefully hear something before Christmas.
Good luck guys.

Reactions: test1155

SpousAsous

Nov 6, 2019
Hello All!

Nov. 6, sent application
Nov 8, received application (delivered)
Hope to get the AOR for a Christmas Present ;)
The last few months, the average number of days between the application being delivered and receiving AOR is 50 days. You can track the averages on the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=577041533. (It has become an obsessive thing for me).

Ours was received not long before yours, so we're preparing ourselves that the AOR won't come until the beginning/middle of January.

Reactions: CanUK333

Laxis

Nov 27, 2019
Hello,
Can somebody please help me with a question regarding the visitors extension for spousal sponsorship application.it says i should provide a proof of financial support for the extension.I want to know if the principal applicant has to submit that proof or its the sponsor who can suppport the application with their bank statement.Thank you.

JNNYEG

Oct 13, 2019
Hi all! we mailed our application (including work permit) today via FedEx. Tracking says it will be delivered tomorrow morning! Good luck wishing for everyone's success!

Last edited:

ShiroTheHero

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
My husband and I (PA) sent our application (PR + OWP) on October 31st. The application was received and signed for on November 6th.
We filled out our application by ourselves (with tons of help from websites and of course IRCC agents over the phone).

Good luck to everyone!
So unfortunately, our application was sent back to us for missing documents (received today on the 27th of Nov, and sent by IRCC on 21st of Nov). IRCC included an explanation that we need to submit the sponsor's notice of assessment or proof of income statement, which we did (we included his most recent pay stubs from the military). So I called IRCC, and apparently they need the NOA to have an overall view of revenue, not just most recent payments. The agent also told us to include whatever documents the agent sent with our app. We sent the app today, so I guess that sets our time back to: App sent on November 27th.

An AOR would have definitely been much better than this, but at least I guess now I know everything else is good to go with our app.
FYI, all paper clips were removed and the documents were NOT in order when our app was sent back to us.

Laxis

Nov 27, 2019
So unfortunately, our application was sent back to us for missing documents (received today on the 27th of Nov, and sent by IRCC on 21st of Nov). IRCC included an explanation that we need to submit the sponsor's notice of assessment or proof of income statement, which we did (we included his most recent pay stubs from the military). So I called IRCC, and apparently they need the NOA to have an overall view of revenue, not just most recent payments. The agent also told us to include whatever documents the agent sent with our app. We sent the app today, so I guess that sets our time back to: App sent on November 27th.

An AOR would have definitely been much better than this, but at least I guess now I know everything else is good to go with our app.
FYI, all paper clips were removed and the documents were NOT in order when our app was sent back to us.
Can i have the number you called because i have been trying to call them since yesterday and no luck.

ShiroTheHero

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Can i have the number you called because i have been trying to call them since yesterday and no luck.
Sure thing. I called (+1-888-242-2100) and then just followed the instructions basically. Interestingly enough, when I chose English and got to the agent part, I wasn't put through because of their high volume of calls. I hung up, called again, went for French and I was put in line to speak to an agent in 35 mins so they called back. Maybe try that or call super early in the morning, around 7:45 eastern time.