+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Got my GCMS notes today and there is absolutely ZERO new entries since my last notes in April/May so not sure if everyone's application has been delayed or just mine but clearly they haven't been working on mine for a few months. I read on the IRCC website that they are prioritizing immigration applications.

"We’re prioritizing applications from

• Canadians returning to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services"

So it looks like for most of us, our applications have been pushed to the sidelines for now :( Has anyone had any updates, requests, or new entries in GCMS?
I got feedback from my MP, same, my case has not been touched yet. they sent my MP two updates (early July &late July). the funny thing is, in the first email IRCC said "The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements. "while the second email they changed to "The responsible office will be reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the sponsored person (the applicant) meets the eligibility requirements. I didn't request twice checks. but they said differently. but the only good news is "As per our current processing times, most applications in this category are processed in a timeframe of 12 months", which did not mention in the first email.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
YES! I see on the spreadsheet there are two people that received the medical requests....oh this is a good sign. It's the first progress I've seen on the October thread so hopefully they're making their way to us Nov. applicants soon.
Hang in there! Oct. 30th applicant here and I just received my medical request today (most of my month had received and completed their medicals right before the pandemic closed everything). This was the first update I had received from IRCC since March 3rd.

vanillacatte

Jan 4, 2019
Is it possible to travel outside of Canada for us nov applicants considering how far we are in our application process with issued OWPs? I understand in general it is advised not to just in case you are denied re-entry but in cases of family emergency would it be taken into consideration?

For further info, the principal applicant is from a visa-exempt country.

Reactions: Jodilibra

Jodilibra

Nov 10, 2019
You can cross the border by air. My common law spouse (American) is travelling to the US at the end of the month to spend time with his adult children, one of whom is having a mental health crisis. We are hoping that qualifies as ‘essential’. We prepared a letter for him to present at the border on his return that outlines his quarantine plan. We are also having him bring copies of our AOR email, Declaration of common law status and documents showing our shared address, his OWP and if he has received his medical request by then he will bring a copy of that as well. He has lived in Canada for 2.5 years now so hopefully there will be no problems with them letting him back in. He gets 3 weeks vacation per year so he is using 1 week to go down then the other 2 weeks for his quarantine. We are thinkIng he should be ok to get back in... it will be nerve wracking though!

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
My spouse is Oct 29th 2019 applicant and she got a medical request today.! What comes next after medicals.?

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
My spouse is Oct 29th 2019 applicant and she got a medical request today.! What comes next after medicals.?
a whole lot of waiting. First you get the update that your medical results have been received, and then its mostly waiting for sponsos approval and decision made I think, unless they ask you to submit additional info

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
So it's looking like if things go well November applicants will get their PRs approved sometime in September or October