+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

omoyeaa

Jan 21, 2020
What would be the next stage of processing after work permit approval ? Medical request ? I know because of the pandemic processing would be slower and they did say they would still be processing but there’s been no change for a few months now and with the covid vaccine , treatment etc. being produced between dec 2020 to first quarter of 2021 the applications won’t be completed for 1year +

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
What would be the next stage of processing after work permit approval ? Medical request ? I know because of the pandemic processing would be slower and they did say they would still be processing but there’s been no change for a few months now and with the covid vaccine , treatment etc. being produced between dec 2020 to first quarter of 2021 the applications won’t be completed for 1year +
Yes, usually the next stage is medical. We should have started to see medical requests already but since covid they've stopped doing the medical testing. They said that they are STILL processing applications but at reduced rate. I ordered my GCMS notes so when they come next month I should be able to see what if anything has been worked on since my last batch of notes from March.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Got my GCMS notes today and there is absolutely ZERO new entries since my last notes in April/May so not sure if everyone's application has been delayed or just mine but clearly they haven't been working on mine for a few months. I read on the IRCC website that they are prioritizing immigration applications.

"We’re prioritizing applications from

• Canadians returning to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services"

So it looks like for most of us, our applications have been pushed to the sidelines for now :( Has anyone had any updates, requests, or new entries in GCMS?

A&J

Jan 4, 2020
Got my GCMS notes today and there is absolutely ZERO new entries since my last notes in April/May so not sure if everyone's application has been delayed or just mine but clearly they haven't been working on mine for a few months. I read on the IRCC website that they are prioritizing immigration applications.

"We’re prioritizing applications from

• Canadians returning to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services"

So it looks like for most of us, our applications have been pushed to the sidelines for now :( Has anyone had any updates, requests, or new entries in GCMS?
I think all applications have been on halt since march. I saw on the october thread that they received ghost updates this week, so we probably should be next. In case anyone receives a medical exam request please post so we know!

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I think all applications have been on halt since march. I saw on the october thread that they received ghost updates this week, so we probably should be next. In case anyone receives a medical exam request please post so we know!
I can confirm this. I am a late-October Inland applicant and see that multiple October people received ghost updates around June 11.

I personally did not, and since my applications were received at the end of October, my timeline seems to be more in line with the November Inland applicants (which is why I often check this thread). I also noticed on my spreadsheet that October applications received right at the end of the month never received a request for medical, whereas mostly everyone who submitted earlier did.

Jolbean

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
How are you all getting sins if you are doing your owp with your sponsorship application don't you have to wait to get your PR to be eligible for the SIN or once you get your OWP you can apply for a SIN?
[/QUO

U can use work permit

ShiroTheHero

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to mention that I went ahead and got my medical exam done before receiving the request. I live in New Brunswick and I was able to get an appointment and get my medical exams done in 2 days. I was told that results will be sent to IRCC in 2 weeks.

I decided not to wait any longer for the medical exam request from IRCC because there is no indication whatsoever as to when they might start sending these requests out again, and my husband and I are trying for a baby. If I get pregnant, then I will not be able to do the chest x-ray portion of the exam and my spousal sponsorship application will be put on hold until I get that bit done, which would be another year of "waiting". I paid about $400 for the full exam instead of $600 because I have Medicare (NB's healthcare).

Best of luck to all!

Yoshida25

Jul 14, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to mention that I went ahead and got my medical exam done before receiving the request. I live in New Brunswick and I was able to get an appointment and get my medical exams done in 2 days. I was told that results will be sent to IRCC in 2 weeks.

I decided not to wait any longer for the medical exam request from IRCC because there is no indication whatsoever as to when they might start sending these requests out again, and my husband and I are trying for a baby. If I get pregnant, then I will not be able to do the chest x-ray portion of the exam and my spousal sponsorship application will be put on hold until I get that bit done, which would be another year of "waiting". I paid about $400 for the full exam instead of $600 because I have Medicare (NB's healthcare).

Best of luck to all!
I'm sure you considered your options before applying, specially because you're trying for a baby, but on the ircc page, for spousal sponsorships it does state that we have to wait for their instructions. Whereas express entry can just do it. In the excel spreadsheet however, I guess there are a few people who did it upfront and it still seems to have been accepted.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Hopefully they don't reject your medical exam since you sent it without request. Good luck! And Good luck with the baby :).

For everyone else, I think it's probably best we wait for the request and not decide to just do it and send it.

omoyeaa

Jan 21, 2020
Anyone get any updates ?? It does seem like the other months ( Sept / Oct ) are getting some updates but things are still moving really slowly . Hopefully the November cycle can get their applications completed before the second wave occurs during the winter which they’ve predicted .

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Anyone get any updates ?? It does seem like the other months ( Sept / Oct ) are getting some updates but things are still moving really slowly . Hopefully the November cycle can get their applications completed before the second wave occurs during the winter which they’ve predicted .
No updates :( I too have been tracking the spreadsheet and still looks like they're trying to complete August applicants with only a handful of updates from Sept/Oct and none from Nov. I think we're in a tricky spot because I believe the next stage for us November applicants are medicals and they're reluctant to send those requests out during the pandemic. At some point certainly they're just going to have to though! Especially when, like you said, the second wave could make it worse! I am preparing for an extra year to be added onto our wait for PR cards. There's NO WAY we're getting PR cards by November!

omoyeaa

Jan 21, 2020
No updates :( I too have been tracking the spreadsheet and still looks like they're trying to complete August applicants with only a handful of updates from Sept/Oct and none from Nov. I think we're in a tricky spot because I believe the next stage for us November applicants are medicals and they're reluctant to send those requests out during the pandemic. At some point certainly they're just going to have to though! Especially when, like you said, the second wave could make it worse! I am preparing for an extra year to be added onto our wait for PR cards. There's NO WAY we're getting PR cards by November!
I might give them a call to see if there has been any progress with them sending out medical requests , or if they can give advice on what we can do . Hopefully now that more people are drawing attention on social media for them to prioritize spousal sponsorship they would speed up the process or even make some steps exempt for them to be kind of up to date . If they add on an additional year for people to get PR cards then they're going to have serious backlog with other applications sent out after ours .