+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***NOVEMBER 2019 INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Jeetsaini

Apr 29, 2020
I applied for my spouse sponsorship on nov 18 ,2019 and we got AOR on 18 jan 2020
Still waiting for my spouse work permit
Anybody knows why our file has moved to Alberta office

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
How are you all getting sins if you are doing your owp with your sponsorship application don't you have to wait to get your PR to be eligible for the SIN or once you get your OWP you can apply for a SIN?

ZaraT

May 31, 2019
How are you all getting sins if you are doing your owp with your sponsorship application don't you have to wait to get your PR to be eligible for the SIN or once you get your OWP you can apply for a SIN?
You can apply for SIN with your open work permit. You can also apply if you e.g. have only student visa but it allows you to work part time. These SINs are only temporary though.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Random question about linking GCKEY. Can the sponsor set up an account and link the application or is it just the applicant who does that? Just wondering if I (the sponsor) linked online would it show the progress of the sponsor side of the app?

Kishorekish

Aug 21, 2014
Hello All,

My wife came to Canada in November and we applied for Spousal PR + OWP and received application on December 30. We received the AOR and Linked her OWP to CIC GC Key account. Looking at the current situation it will take more than a month to receive her OWP. Now my question is on May 8th, it will be 6 months since she landed in Canada.

Do we have to apply for Extension? Or she is considered as on implied status?

Please help.
Thank you.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Hello All,

My wife came to Canada in November and we applied for Spousal PR + OWP and received application on December 30. We received the AOR and Linked her OWP to CIC GC Key account. Looking at the current situation it will take more than a month to receive her OWP. Now my question is on May 8th, it will be 6 months since she landed in Canada.

Do we have to apply for Extension? Or she is considered as on implied status?

Please help.
Thank you.
She will have implied status. And this is legal status and totally fine. But i recommend applying for the extension as a backup in case the OWP is sent back, denied or first stage approval for PR is denied as then she’d be out of status without it.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
She will have implied status. And this is legal status and totally fine. But i recommend applying for the extension as a backup in case the OWP is sent back, denied or first stage approval for PR is denied as then she’d be out of status without it.
@Kishorekish I second what @CanUK333 said; I am (was) in the same position. I was approaching my 6 month Visitor expiration date, with no OWP in sight. I applied to extend my stay, just to be safe.

One note: Start the checklist and application to extend her stay online through her GC Key account pretty soon, if you haven't already. It is a somewhat extensive application with backup required. My cost was $100.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
I know someone mentioned this a few days ago, but I was just looking at the spreadsheet and August applicants are getting SA/AIP/Decision Made/Interviews already (average time 200 days from submission)!!!!!! But then September, October are behind...and us November applicants haven't even gotten MR yet! So something definitely happened starting in September to the way they're processing apps! And no, i'm not taking COVID as an excuse because this pattern appears back in September long before this COVID situation would've affected processing times. Anyone feel like offering suggestions as to why processing times seem delayed now for September/Oct/Nov applicants?

Last edited:
Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Kishorekish

Aug 21, 2014
Hi All,

We are applying for visitor visa extension, and I need to submit upfront medical exam. Also, I would like to use the same medicals for sponsorship PR as well.

What are all the documents I need to carry to the medical center?

Thanks in advance!

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM